PDA

View Full Version : Missing magnets

Sailguy
Apr 9, 2011, 03:05 PM
So I bought Apple's cover for my new IPad 2 (gray) and noticed that there should be a few extra magnets...my guess is that they should actually be placed on the right back side when the home bottom is facing you and on the bottom.

I noticed this when I was using the IPad on the move. I need my cover open but I don't want to pull it off since I'm on the move. So I wrap the cover around the back but when I wrap it around the back, it just hangs down (gravity). If there were some extra magnets, you could easily wrap it around back and flat. I know you can wrap it like a triangle around back, but that doesn't seem right when you are holding it on the move...at least not as good as it would feel if it was "stuck" flat to the back.

Anybody else notice this oversight in design? In this situation, is everybody else just either pulling it off or making it into a triangle and holding it with a finger in a triangle...or just letting it hang down?

Thanks in advance.

rdowns
Apr 9, 2011, 03:57 PM
The product sucks. Form over function.

gr8tfly
Apr 9, 2011, 04:21 PM
Try folding it in half (microfiber on inside). It still doesn't stick to the back, but it's easier to hold without flopping around.

Sailguy
Apr 9, 2011, 08:27 PM
Try folding it in half (microfiber on inside). It still doesn't stick to the back, but it's easier to hold without flopping around.

Thanks. That is a little bit better. This is probably the best this cover can do.

I wish somebody at Apple had thought about it a little bit more. Seems like they put a lot of thought into aspects of it, but totally missed on others.