PDA

View Full Version : Can the Smart Cover stand up on soft surfaces?

davidbix
Apr 9, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'm trying to figure out what kind of stand/case/cover thing to get and I'd like something that stands up fine on soft surfaces like mattresses, pillows, etc. Is a Smart Cover strong enough for this? If not, what iPad 2 stand thing should I get? Belkin has one listed that looks perfect but it's not out yet and there's no release date.

Oh, and how are the Incase magazine and book cases? I ask especially because Best Buy has them right now and I have a gift card.

Thanks.

ExnomenDei
Apr 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Don't count on it. While it works on some soft surfaces, it doesn't work on others. Unless of course you mean the keyboard mode, which works on almost any surface that is wide enough (more than say three inches)

davidbix
Apr 9, 2011, 11:57 PM
Don't count on it. While it works on some soft surfaces, it doesn't work on others. Unless of course you mean the keyboard mode, which works on almost any surface that is wide enough (more than say three inches)
No, movie mode.

I ordered one anyway since I need SOMETHING and Best Buy has a good return policy, so we'll see how it suits me. Maybe I'll use this for now and sell it when the Belkin I want comes out.