PDA

View Full Version : Power support

Ryanctf
Apr 9, 2011, 03:49 PM
Got my power support crystal film for my iPad 2 in the mail today got it installed no problem. But.... Then I turn on the screen and go to an all white web page. I went to google. Then inspected the screen to make sure it looked good. There was so much dust and small pieces of hair underneath. Which Idk how they got there a. I cleaned my iPad right before I put it on. I spent an hour getting all the crap off underneath. And it looks great now. But wow what a nightmare. Now if speck would hurry up and release the pixelskin hd wrap for the iPad 2 i will be all set. :apple:

BobbieM629
Apr 9, 2011, 03:57 PM
This happens to me all the time when I put screen protectors on.. I have a small can of air and use that Tao blow the dust off, but recently convinced The Apple store to put them on for me :) they did em perfect!

Mlrollin91
Apr 9, 2011, 05:01 PM
Went to Power Support Thursday night in Burbank, CA. Took her about 30 minutes to install it perfectly. She had to use 4 screen protectors to get it absolutely perfect. Its stressful to install these things! Especially at 30 dollars a pop.

melman101
Apr 9, 2011, 05:05 PM
Went to Power Support Thursday night in Burbank, CA. Took her about 30 minutes to install it perfectly. She had to use 4 screen protectors to get it absolutely perfect. Its stressful to install these things! Especially at 30 dollars a pop.

I wish I lived over there.

h00ligan
Apr 9, 2011, 05:14 PM
There is an option on amazon for three films for $18 made by splash. Seems to be the same material

Yu can dedust over the course of a couple of days..do in a humid bathroom to keep the dust down. So far the splash protector is already showing less wear..the ps may be just the tiniest bit more clear...

Having owned the ps (and dealing with their very very lackluster customer service) on my first iPad, I surely don't think they are worth double the price for one film.

ScottJ
Apr 11, 2011, 05:59 PM

What was the charge for installing the protector (beyond the cost of the screen protector itself)?

jtara
Apr 11, 2011, 06:02 PM
It helps to turn on the shower for a few minutes on HOT, close the bathroom door, turn off any ventilation fan and get it really steamed-up. Then do the job on the bathroom counter. The steam will knock-down the dust in the air.

melman101
Apr 11, 2011, 06:24 PM
I was able to install mine but it is slightly off center by the home button. The camera is perfect. For some reason I'm not digging the feel off the crystal film anymore.

I already got a good nick on it before I put the screen protector on. Sadly, it's still visible with the crystal film. Oh well, what are you going to do.

Edit: I cut the piece that was dangling off. Not the fanciest job, but at least my screen is protected for now :-).

Mel

Pballer110
Apr 11, 2011, 07:13 PM
There is an option on amazon for three films for $18 made by splash. Seems to be the same material

Yu can dedust over the course of a couple of days..do in a humid bathroom to keep the dust down. So far the splash protector is already showing less wear..the ps may be just the tiniest bit more clear...

Having owned the ps (and dealing with their very very lackluster customer service) on my first iPad, I surely don't think they are worth double the price for one film.

Those splash screen protectors aren't so great. They have bad rainbow issues on the sheets in certain light. Their customer service however is really great. They are looking into fixing the issue though so maybe in a couple weeks they will be better but for now not so much.

euphoria47
Apr 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
Dust gets in when you apply the protector partially or completely, and have to peel it of to realign, then apply it again. When you peel it off, it creates a bit of a static charge and all of the little bits of crud in the air literally fly to it and stick.

Like another person mentioned above, you are best to "de-dust" a room well with a good purifier before playing around with this kind of thing.

XXFirefighter
Apr 11, 2011, 08:02 PM
One good way to de-duct a room, is use a bathroom, put the shower on hot, the steam collects to the dust making it heavier.

vincenz
Apr 11, 2011, 08:09 PM
One good way to de-duct a room, is use a bathroom, put the shower on hot, the steam collects to the dust making it heavier.

Steamy showers and dry rice are de facto on MR it seems.

melman101
Apr 11, 2011, 08:24 PM
I think I'll buy another one when they sell them at Tekserve or B&H and maybe they can apply it for me :-).

I noticed when I was putting it on, tons of dust under the screen but you can't see it when it's on. Crazy. I'm not going to worry about it.