PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 cover closest to original iPad 1 Apple Neoprene cover/stand?

Stefx73
Apr 9, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hi

I have my iPad 2 with the smart cover.
I do miss my iPad1's original Apple black neoprence cover/stand. I preferred that kind than the smart cover.

Of course I could use the iPad1's neoprene cover with the iPad2, but the iPad2 is slimmer, and I'd have to cut holes in the iPad1 cover (speaker in a different location, holes for cameras, etc)

Any suggestion on a cover that would best duplicate the iPad1 OEM Apple cover/stand?

Thanks

Blorzoga
Apr 9, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hi

I have my iPad 2 with the smart cover.
I do miss my iPad1's original Apple black neoprence cover/stand. I preferred that kind than the smart cover.

Of course I could use the iPad1's neoprene cover with the iPad2, but the iPad2 is slimmer, and I'd have to cut holes in the iPad1 cover (speaker in a different location, holes for cameras, etc)

Any suggestion on a cover that would best duplicate the iPad1 OEM Apple cover/stand?

Thanks

The STM Skinny is what you're looking for. They carry it here www.Radtech.us

Thin, lightweight, protective, stand and typing positions, and it uses the auto sleep/wake function perfectly.

There's a video on YouTube reviewing it. Just search on STM Skinny.

Stefx73
Apr 9, 2011, 08:25 PM
Yep, that's pretty much what I was looking for.

No stock however, they say ETA 20-April-2011

Many thanks

Stefx73
Apr 19, 2011, 05:25 PM
Meh...They just changed the ETA date to April 26th

josun
Apr 19, 2011, 06:37 PM
Check this case out.

http://amzn.to/ib9kB4

It's basically an ipad 1 case with the smart cover. I might pick one up as well.