PDA

View Full Version : Leather smart cover vs the non leather version.

Psood21
Apr 9, 2011, 08:33 PM
I have been using the non leather blue smart cover since the day one. Today i decided to exchange it with a black leather cover and i must say it is a huge difference. I agree the 69$ cost associated with this cover is a bit too much but i think the look/feel justifies the cost. What do you guys think?

MultiMediaWill
Apr 9, 2011, 08:38 PM
What do you mean by non leather? There are only 2 versions. Leather and polyurethane.

ani23
Apr 9, 2011, 08:40 PM
Yup the leather one looks and feels really slick. And weirdly enough what I like is that it smells good.

Psood21
Apr 9, 2011, 08:44 PM
What do you mean by non leather? There are only 2 versions. Leather and polyurethane.

Non leather=polyuethane

fizzwinkus
Apr 9, 2011, 08:45 PM
i really like my wool felt smart cover.

Psood21
Apr 9, 2011, 08:52 PM
Another thing i noticed about polyurathene cover is that it had started losing some of its stiffness and the magnets started to come off real easy.

silverblack
Apr 9, 2011, 08:57 PM
Another thing i noticed about polyurathene cover is that it had started losing some of its stiffness and the magnets started to come off real easy.

Are you implying these issues won't happen to the lether version?

Psood21
Apr 9, 2011, 09:01 PM

I am not implying anything. I as just making an observation. It might happen to the leather version as well..

FeaRThiS
Apr 9, 2011, 09:12 PM

it does happen with the leather one or at least mine I got a black leather one for free from apple but 59 for half a case I can get a full nappa leather case for the same money.

Psood21
Apr 9, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hw did you manage to get the smart cover free from apple??

ForumViewer
Apr 9, 2011, 10:22 PM
The only differences between the leather and polyurethane cases are the cost and colors. You're fooling yourself if you think there's any tangible difference.

MultiMediaWill
Apr 9, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hw did you manage to get the smart cover free from apple??

call them and say when you got ur ipad 2 there was already a small dent or imperfection and then they will ask if you want to return it. say no and ask for some compensation. they will offer a smart cover most of the time.

Psood21
Apr 9, 2011, 11:06 PM
The only differences between the leather and polyurethane cases are the cost and colors. You're fooling yourself if you think there's any tangible difference.

Have you tried both the covers???

benjayman2
Apr 9, 2011, 11:10 PM
call them and say when you got ur ipad 2 there was already a small dent or imperfection and then they will ask if you want to return it. say no and ask for some compensation. they will offer a smart cover most of the time.

I hope your banned just like the other guy that was promoting doing this.

MultiMediaWill
Apr 9, 2011, 11:48 PM

I did not promote it. He asked a question and I answered it. I never said to do it.

lionqueen
Apr 9, 2011, 11:53 PM

Yeah, that kind of bothers me as well... Even moreso because Apple has a pretty good rep for customer service- they really try to make it right if theres a problem. I hate that some people see that and think - "ooh, I can scam some free stuff!".

likemyorbs
Apr 9, 2011, 11:54 PM

Boohoo.

itzcoolz
Apr 10, 2011, 12:30 AM
definitely not defending the guy because i think it's pretty low too, but to be fair, most of us DO have defects in our product (the bleeding backlight screen). as it's been hashed to death in the other thread, while it doesn't bother me enough to return it, it still is a flaw

MultiMediaWill
Apr 10, 2011, 01:17 AM
Like I said. I do not support doing that and I would never do that. So please don't assume just because I know how to do it that I would.

benjayman2
Apr 10, 2011, 01:21 AM
I did not promote it. He asked a question and I answered it. I never said to do it.

Forgive me for not being so calculating in my response. He was unaware of how to accomplish this dishonest act and now he knows how thanks to your post. I can change "promoting" to "informing" if you want, but my feelings remain the same.

clyde2801
Apr 10, 2011, 01:24 AM
Forgive me for not being so calculating in my response. He was unaware of how to accomplish this dishonest act and now he knows how thanks to your post. I can change "promoting" to "informing" if you want, but my feelings remain the same.

Do I know you from another forum?

The one with Rob, JackMurray and Sterno?

benjayman2
Apr 10, 2011, 01:44 AM
Like I said. I do not support doing that and I would never do that. So please don't assume just because I know how to do it that I would.
I concede that I didn't look at your other post to see if you have informed others on other threads, but the moment I read your post it just brought up thoughts of that guy who spammed the "shipping notification" thread on how everyone should try to get free stuff from apple. My mind just doesn't process that way and when I say I thought to my self "why the hell are you posting this garbage?" I went a little extreme in wishing to you to be banned, because I sure as hell wanted that other guy I mentioned earlier to be, but rather I should have just did a standard post of "smh"

I'm done trying to be policeman Steven Segal already has that job :D

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4088/stevenseagallawmanimage.jpg

sincerely wish you well and sorry for jumping down your throat for that moment

XXFirefighter
Apr 10, 2011, 02:10 AM

Umm the polyurethane... the non leather.. hello....

EnterTheSwamp
Apr 10, 2011, 02:20 AM
Neither both are bad choices. Mine is going back soon. It just doesn't do anything very well except for the typing option.