PDA

View Full Version : These accessories are starting to add up!!

dru106
Apr 9, 2011, 10:41 PM
With so many amazing accessories for the iPad it's getting pretty pricey but well worth it!! I guess that's another reason why the Xoom isn't doing so good....

UnseenLlama
Apr 9, 2011, 10:50 PM
With so many amazing accessories for the iPad it's getting pretty pricey but well worth it!! I guess that's another reason why the Xoom isn't doing so good....

So well...so well.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 9, 2011, 11:46 PM
Very true, but you gotta admit it's fun shopping for them!

Antfer
Apr 9, 2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah I know.
On 3rd case already.

KylePowers
Apr 10, 2011, 12:20 AM
So Far:
$40 - Griffin case on launch day
$39 - HDMI adapter on launch day
$15 - Targus Stylus
$9 - Nataal Stylus

Future:
$40-$80 - New Case
$10-$30 - Screen Protector

=\

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 12:22 AM
LOL, don't even get me started. With as many cases that I have purchased I probably could have bought a 16gb iPad 2! :eek:

shawndoc
Apr 10, 2011, 02:06 AM
Skip the screen protector. The iPad 2 has Dragon Glass for the screen. You aren't going to scratch it unless you are throwing it uncovered into a suit case full of scrap metal.

iApples
Apr 10, 2011, 02:09 AM
So Far:
$40 - Griffin case on launch day
$39 - HDMI adapter on launch day
$15 - Targus Stylus
$9 - Nataal Stylus

Future:
$40-$80 - New Case
$10-$30 - Screen Protector

=\

Your total cost will equal the price of replacing any possible damage that may occur to your device. Waste of money if you ask me.

dru106
Apr 10, 2011, 02:42 AM
$20 iLuv case
$50 incase magazine case
$40 HDMI Adapter
$20 Stand

and im thinking of getting the usb camera and SD card reader?

Iceage
Apr 10, 2011, 07:42 AM
The key is to buy quality stuff that will be transferable to future iPad versions because you will get nothing more for your iPad accessories at time of resale. However, if you intend to keep it for 3-4 years, then it's different. My intention is to upgrade so I spend the least possible on any accessory that is specific to this iPad version.

erayser
Apr 10, 2011, 09:59 AM
$20 iLuv case
$50 incase magazine case
$40 HDMI Adapter
$20 Stand

and im thinking of getting the usb camera and SD card reader?

I bought the USB/SD reader camera kit the first day the iPad 1 was released. I rarely used it. If you plan to take pictures with a camera that has a memory stick, it might be useful to you. You don't really need it since the iPad 2 has a camera now. I mainly use my iPhone 4 to take pictures, and I use the "transfer" app to copy the pictures to my iPad via wifi.

master-ceo
Apr 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
I just chalk I up as a loss. Sorta like having money aside for a shop claim.

KylePowers
Apr 10, 2011, 08:05 PM
Your total cost will equal the price of replacing any possible damage that may occur to your device. Waste of money if you ask me.

I'm not sure how much it costs to replace an iPad 2... but, I don't think $40 (Griffin case) + $80 (max for a new case) + $30 (max for a screen protector) is enough to replace one?

Besides, cases are more than just protection (and the ones I like aren't even that protective)... they're for personality and function. Tens (if not hundreds) of millions of people will have the same looking device within the next year... what's wrong with a little individuality? Plus, my iPad 2 can't hold itself up in landscape... or portrait... or in a comfortable typing position.

I'm also not sure if I'll even get a screen protector... I never had one for my iPhone 4 and its screen is still scratch free (knock on wood). Plus, I really suck at installing them =(

Also, a good condition iPad 2 makes for good resale... iPad 3 is right around the corner =P