Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Please help: I installed a new, larger-capacity hard drive; migrated most of my data through a Time Machine backup of my old hard drive; old data is in a folder on my desktop.

I cannot find photos in my old iPhoto library (with names of photos and events saved) -- they're not in my "Pictures" folder in my user (old or new user). I cannot browse in Time Machine any further back than the first day (April 4) that I set up backups for my new HD (I have a Seagate 500 GB external HD that holds a lot of old backups plus my new ones).

Similar situation with iCal, though I have calendar events for four different old calendars that I would like to "import" or "restore," but iCal will only let me import one event at a time rather than the whole calendars and their settings, and no events are available (active) when choosing the "restore" option.

Can someone offer advice as to how to reconstitute my old iPhoto library and my old iCal calendars fully on my new HD?

Thanks!

mbmac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.