Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chunker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
I jailbroke my ATV2 last week, but I haven't had much time to use it, till yesterday.

The content (regardless of source) played horrible.

Frames kept dropping and the video moved fast pace, then played regularly, then slowed down usually causing a slight lag between the audio and the video. I wasn't having these issues with the previous jailbreak, nor with the software update.

I checked all my settings, made sure the DNS were both on Google, my internet is over 23mbps, I'm hooked up via ethernet cable. My videos load fast, whether they're 6 minute YouTube clips or 1 minute NBA highlights, I let them load 100% and they still play horribly.

Airplay via iTunes is even worse, almost unwatchable.

I won't even get into Netflix streaming because one can just imagine that mess.

Is anybody else having these issues?

if not, I hope this thread makes you think twice before jailbreaking to the latest.

And..... does anybody know if it makes a difference which software one used to jailbreak?

I just might restore my ATV2, since Plex is still very immature and XBMC doesn't appear to be released for another month or so, and even then I'm sure they'll have many issues (like with the last version).

is it even worth jailbreaking anymore? specially with apps having airplay capabilities?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.