Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paradoxeon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
So I'm trying to use everyAir for iPad with my Lion partition in my iMac. Had everything set up and working, and I start the connection. A slight bug makes me restart the app on the iPad end but otherwise fine so far. Then, it connects - I'm able to control the cursor from my iPad to my iMac, but I can't see anything! An entire black screen awaits me on the iPad, and I can't see the iMac screen like I'm supposed to.
The next day (today), I purchase LogMeIn Ignition, and try it out (this time on my iPhone 4). LIke everyAir, got everything set up, and start the connection. EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS. I'm able to control the mouse movement, but I can't actually see what's on my iMac on my devices. What's up with this?
Tried on the windows 7 partition, working fineee. How ironic. Anyone able to confirm it's a bug or whatnot? Thanks.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
So I'm trying to use everyAir for iPad with my Lion partition in my iMac. Had everything set up and working, and I start the connection. A slight bug makes me restart the app on the iPad end but otherwise fine so far. Then, it connects - I'm able to control the cursor from my iPad to my iMac, but I can't see anything! An entire black screen awaits me on the iPad, and I can't see the iMac screen like I'm supposed to.
The next day (today), I purchase LogMeIn Ignition, and try it out (this time on my iPhone 4). LIke everyAir, got everything set up, and start the connection. EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS. I'm able to control the mouse movement, but I can't actually see what's on my iMac on my devices. What's up with this?
Tried on the windows 7 partition, working fineee. How ironic. Anyone able to confirm it's a bug or whatnot? Thanks.

I am not able to use LogMeIn Ignition either. I can connect from my phone, the app goes black but I can move the mouse, etc.
I just don't think LogMeIn is ready for Lion, I don't see it as a bug.

Paradoxeon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Thxx, but I've tried a bunch of iDesktop -> iDevice apps; like you said, screen went black. I'm pretty positive it's a Lion bug, or a new feature in Lion is restricting the use. I'll just either hold off on using those until Lion/the apps update, or just downgrade back to SL. I'll record how many times I actually need to use the apps :D

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
The only thing I have ever used is iTeleport and it still works flawlessly on Lion Dev 2.

(click)
IMG_0005.jpg

TechCavern

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
East Brunswick
Air Display

I have decided to use Airdisplay between my iPad and my MBP. My MBP is running Lion DP2 and my iPad is running iOS4.3.1. I go to connect turn on air display on my mac and select the iPad. it shows me the blue screen as normal and then it turns off and I'm back where I started.

TheAppleDragon

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
This is a bug that arose in DP2. Not entirely sure what causes it, but it doesn't want to work with ANY form of application that records the screen. QuickTime X, ScreenFlow, Ustream Producer... they don't want to work.

This is either to keep the visuals from circulating on the web (which I didn't plan on doing) or it's just a very bad bug. :p

saschke

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Same bug here, Logmein Ignition, iMac i5 2.8Ghz, LionDP2+update. Can log in but there's only a black screen greeting me. Anyone found a solution yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.