PDA

View Full Version : Screen Protectors...

TheWizard4
Apr 10, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hi,

I bought Zagg Invisible Screen Protector today(I spent 30$! for full body) and installed it without any problem. It protects iPad's screen perfect for sure but when it comes to practicality, it fails, at least for me. I can hardly move my fingers on that protector!

Because of this difficulty, I decide to get rid of that sticky protector and buy a cheaper but quality one.

Can you suggest me any screen protector that is not expensive(less than 15$) but quality(especially not sticky)?

Thank you in advance...

Edit: Also I made bunch of search on the internet but I could not figure it out that which one is worth buying for.

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi,

I bought Zagg Invisible Screen Protector today(I spent 30$! for full body) and installed it without any problem. It protects iPad's screen perfect for sure but when it comes to practicality, it fails, at least for me. I can hardly move my fingers on that protector!

Because of this difficulty, I decide to get rid of that sticky protector and buy a cheaper but quality one.

Can you suggest me any screen protector that is not expensive(less than 15$) but quality(especially not sticky)?

Thank you in advance...

Edit: Also I made bunch of search on the internet but I could not figure it out that which one is worth buying for.

Power Support Anti-Glare HD

BlackMamba14
Apr 10, 2011, 09:41 PM
Power Support is the way to go. Its not cheap but it lasts a long time. Anyone will tell you it is one of the best on the market

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
Another vote for Power Support anti glare, Well worth the cost for a great feeling and lasting product.

WoodrowCall
Apr 10, 2011, 10:04 PM
I haven't used it with my iPad 2, but I really like the anti glare hd I use with my iPhone 4. It's easy to put on, and feels good to the touch.

MacMaad
Apr 10, 2011, 10:09 PM
If you are picky, definitely the Power Support. I just got my first iPad, but have never liked the look or feel of the screen protectors I've seen on other people's phones. However, after I dropped (and shattered :eek:) my naked and somewhat scratched iPhone the other day, I decided I'd try one on the replacement and I picked up the Power Support anti-glare. It's amazing. It looks and feels great and installation was a snap. I like it so much I am ordering one for my iPad. Well worth the investment IMHO.

vincenz
Apr 10, 2011, 10:14 PM
Go for a static-cling screen protector like Power Support and the like. Stay away from the sticky, wet-application films like zagg.

TheWizard4
Apr 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
Isn't there any screen protector costs less than 15$? I dont want to spend 30$ again.

BlackMamba14
Apr 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

There are alot of cheap screen protectors. But you'll probably end up throwing it away or having to replace them regularly. 30$ one time ends up being cheaper

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 10:50 PM
Isn't there any screen protector costs less than 15$? I dont want to spend 30$ again.

Until Power Support shipped iPad 2 protectors, I had to settle for $15 screen protectors from the mall. Ended up trashing three of the cheapies.

TheWizard4
Apr 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

There are alot of cheap screen protectors. But you'll probably end up throwing it away or having to replace them regularly. 30$ one time ends up being cheaper

OK. I see.

So what's the difference between HD Anti-Glare Film and Crystal Film?

Thanks..

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 10:56 PM
OK. I see.

So what's the difference between HD Anti-Glare Film and Crystal Film?

Thanks..

A quick search will answer that. But going by your experience with ZAGG, you might wanna go with HD Anti-Glare.

Blorzoga
Apr 10, 2011, 11:00 PM
P O W E R S U P P O R T. Nuff said

holyindian
Apr 10, 2011, 11:13 PM
You dont come here, and read reviews on the best screen protectors.. the forum is full of threads for the very same issue.

BlackMamba14
Apr 10, 2011, 11:15 PM

Crystal does not take away from the screens clarity. Anti-glare is better for fingerprints and glare. I prefer Crystal bc I like to protect the screen but keep the beauty of the ips display

miamialley
Apr 10, 2011, 11:19 PM
A lof of people, myself included, are pretty loyal to Power Support screen films. As for the back, Zagg is the absolute worst. Bodyguardz, BSE, Phantom Skinz are all much better in terms of feel IMO.

mcdj
Apr 10, 2011, 11:50 PM
If and when they release them, which I imagine they will soon, Speck offers 2 films for the price of 1 Power Support (at least they did for the iPad 1).

I use PS anti glare on my iPhone and it's great, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 2x the price of a 2 pack of iPhone protectors for ONE sheet of film for the iPad.

The Speck is very decent for the price. Not at all like the crappy $5 ill fitting ones you can get on ebay.

nlkccom
Apr 11, 2011, 12:31 AM
Got power support crystal film for both my iPad 1 and iPad 2. Great stuff! Not sure about the AG, but I find the crystal film provide a very similar smooth glide like the glass on the iPad.