Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanpholman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
My original iPad was losing it's trim, so I brought it in to the Apple Store and it was replaced at the Genius Bar. I got the new one home and restored it. I went to swap my Verizon service over and I am not able to create an account. I called Verizon customer service and they said that they can't even see my iPad on the network and perhaps the MEID listed on the iPad is wrong. Verizon told me to return the new iPad to Apple. Really? Looks like I will be headed back to Apple tomorrow. Bummer.

--Sean

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
My original iPad was losing it's trim, so I brought it in to the Apple Store and it was replaced at the Genius Bar. I got the new one home and restored it. I went to swap my Verizon service over and I am not able to create an account. I called Verizon customer service and they said that they can't even see my iPad on the network and perhaps the MEID listed on the iPad is wrong. Verizon told me to return the new iPad to Apple. Really? Looks like I will be headed back to Apple tomorrow. Bummer.

--Sean

CALL Apple first.. They may have a work around or offer you something for the troubles!

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
I would try couple other things first:

a) make sure cellular data is enabled (obvious I know, but still)
b) when enabling cellular data turn off wi-fi. Seems some VZW iPads have issues switching between the radios.
c) Set it up as a new device instead of restore from the old backup.

seanpholman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I was on the phone with Apple support for over an hour this morning. At one point we had a three-way call with Verizon and the reps were arguing over who should fix/replace my iPad, or even if it was necessary. Apple said it was a Verizon issue and Verizon said it was an Apple issue. The Apple rep was great to work with an really tried to get to the bottom of my issue. Bottom line is that the MEID of my replacement Pad was never registered with Verizon during manufacturing so as far as Verizon is concerned, it doesn't exist. Apple Care is supposed to call me back in the morning to follow up on whether the Apple engineer was able to enter my MEID in the system. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news in the morning.

--Sean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.