Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljg93

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
hey everyone,

I was wondering how to make a table view that would have like 5 rows in it, that is no problem to do i know, but i was wondering how i could make so each cell in the table view would need a different password to get into it.

I am asking my girlfriend to prom, so i am making a scavenger hunt thing for her based of my iphone..

any idea how to make the password thing happen?

Sykte

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
hey everyone,

I was wondering how to make a table view that would have like 5 rows in it, that is no problem to do i know, but i was wondering how i could make so each cell in the table view would need a different password to get into it.

I am asking my girlfriend to prom, so i am making a scavenger hunt thing for her based of my iphone..

any idea how to make the password thing happen?

From the sounds of it, security really isn't an issue. On that note create a NSArray, add 5 NSString (these will hold your passwords) into the array. Make sure they are in the same order of your UITableView rows. You can then compare by the returned row.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Like the person above me said. U can make a function on "didselectrowatindexpath". and depending on ur tableview cell, u can input an password depending on an NSArray.
Then check the text inputted based on the NSArray index :)
Something like that.
Or u could take a different angle, and use a alertview, and depending on the button, it can take her to the next level (meh, nevermind that idea, too easy).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.