PDA

View Full Version : Skadoosh Ipad 2 Stand

stfwayne
Apr 11, 2011, 12:10 AM
First off let me start off by saying im new here and i used to have an ipad so im no stranger to shelling out serious change for quality accesories.

Here is a breakdown of my current accessories:

Due to my lightbleed issue in my original Ipad 2, Apple sent me a free Navy Smart Cover and I was able to find a cheap white TPU case on ebay for about 18 shipped.

I am also using the Wedgepad (bought for the original ipad) and the epillow.

I am also waiting on a 23 1/2 stand from Portenzo but we all know how that is going...:mad:

I wanted to add a thread about the Skadoosh stand bc I havent seen one yet and it surprised me a bit.

Let me say that i am not affiliated with the company or anything and I was even skeptical at first bc its basically a small piece of metal for 75 dollars.

Pros:
- Stand firmly holds ipad 2 in place
- Charging cable can be fed through to use as dock
- Stand is basically indestructible, very high quality
- Locking mechanism keeps stand at angle u choose
- Didnt count but at least 6-7 different angles
- Folds up for easy storage and transport
- Professional looking and small enough for school desk
- Fast shippin unlike most ipad 2 accessories

Cons:
- Price: at 75+tax and shipping its one of the priciest accessories for the ipad 2

Besides the price I cant really find much wrong with this stand. I think all the members of this forum will appreciate the quality in the materials used to make the stand and the thought process and effort put into making the angles and locking mechanism very intuitive and idiot and error proof.

Maybe if someone else has this stand they can share their opinion but I havent found many reviews and thought id add my 2 cents.

Dont feel like taking pics of the stand so here is a link to the website, I ordered from them because i wanted to make sure I got the version specific for ipad 2...

http://www.jadu-industries.com/pages/Skadoosh-stand-for-iPad-2.html

Aqua Bliss
Apr 11, 2011, 12:32 AM
They say it's for iPad 2 but their images show iPad 1.

It's a nice, modern, clean, piece of engineering though.

sotie
Apr 11, 2011, 03:44 AM
At 75+tax they should have built in a dock connector.

Satori
Apr 11, 2011, 03:48 AM
Big price for such little function. Looks nicely made, mind.

Mr. Biggles
Apr 11, 2011, 06:01 AM
Had it with my original ipad and am waiting for the iPad 2 conversion kit to be available.

Best stand hands-down. Ultra portable.

DotCom2
Apr 11, 2011, 09:49 AM
First off let me start off by saying im new here and i used to have an ipad so im no stranger to shelling out serious change for quality accesories.

Here is a breakdown of my current accessories:

Due to my lightbleed issue in my original Ipad 2, Apple sent me a free Navy Smart Cover and I was able to find a cheap white TPU case on ebay for about 18 shipped.

I am also using the Wedgepad (bought for the original ipad) and the epillow.

I am also waiting on a 23 1/2 stand from Portenzo but we all know how that is going...:mad:

I wanted to add a thread about the Skadoosh stand bc I havent seen one yet and it surprised me a bit.

Let me say that i am not affiliated with the company or anything and I was even skeptical at first bc its basically a small piece of metal for 75 dollars.

Pros:
- Stand firmly holds ipad 2 in place
- Charging cable can be fed through to use as dock
- Stand is basically indestructible, very high quality
- Locking mechanism keeps stand at angle u choose
- Didnt count but at least 6-7 different angles
- Folds up for easy storage and transport
- Professional looking and small enough for school desk
- Fast shippin unlike most ipad 2 accessories

Cons:
- Price: at 75+tax and shipping its one of the priciest accessories for the ipad 2

Besides the price I cant really find much wrong with this stand. I think all the members of this forum will appreciate the quality in the materials used to make the stand and the thought process and effort put into making the angles and locking mechanism very intuitive and idiot and error proof.

Maybe if someone else has this stand they can share their opinion but I havent found many reviews and thought id add my 2 cents.

Dont feel like taking pics of the stand so here is a link to the website, I ordered from them because i wanted to make sure I got the version specific for ipad 2...

http://www.jadu-industries.com/pages/Skadoosh-stand-for-iPad-2.html

Not trying to get off subject but...which do you like better?
The WedgePad or the ePillow?
Does the WedgePad work with the iPad2 as well?:confused:
THanks!

master-ceo
Apr 11, 2011, 09:53 AM
IMO that thing looks silly and useless. Waste of change.

Iceage
Apr 11, 2011, 10:13 AM
I have it and it's one of my best purchase.

prot0type
Apr 11, 2011, 10:34 AM
Does the WedgePad work with the iPad2 as well?

It works just as well with the ipad2 as it did with my ipad.

stfwayne
Apr 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
Skadoosh is DEFINITELY not a waste of money.

Very well designed n my most useful accessory purchase for both my ipad 1 n ipad 2

sotie
Apr 11, 2011, 06:22 PM
Feels like shills in here.

johngettler
Apr 12, 2011, 11:56 AM
It works just as well with the ipad2 as it did with my ipad.

From the owner of Wedgepad:

John,

The old WedgePads will work with the iPad 2. That being said, the new R1 Wedgepada have more tension in the elastic to compensate for the slightly thinner iPad 2 chassis.

Thanks,
Sam Bensalem
Founder WedgePad