PDA

View Full Version : Belkin Access Folio Stand Review

wesk702
Apr 11, 2011, 01:24 AM
They just had these in at Fry’s over the weekend. Here’s some pics.
The case and quality is really nice. The fit is really tight similar to the original ipad 1 case. Very tough to get out once in. The build quality is really nice.
The only thing I didn’t like is that the outer pocket added a little bit of bulk. On the other hand, the pocket is pretty nice if you need it. The color is exactly how it’s depicted in the pictures on the site.
Pretty awesome case overall.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=543018

Update: the headphone hole does not align up very well. Could be the dealbreaker.

wesk702
Apr 11, 2011, 01:31 AM
more

Sorry bout the upside down one. Iíll flip it back later

mikalh78
Apr 11, 2011, 06:16 AM
Is this the grey or black version? I ordered it from Best Buy but it's not out yet here in Canada unless I'm looking at the wrong locations.

Karnivore
Apr 11, 2011, 07:22 AM
The whole thing looks... sloppy? It looks very generic and not well-tailored to the device.

steadysignal
Apr 11, 2011, 07:32 AM
The whole thing looks... sloppy? It looks very generic and not well-tailored to the device.

It does look sloppy. and it makes it so thick as well.

The generic :apple: case for iPad 1 had its flaws but seems better than this to me.

Karnivore
Apr 11, 2011, 08:02 AM
It does look sloppy. and it makes it so thick as well.

The generic :apple: case for iPad 1 had its flaws but seems better than this to me.

I personally went with this case: http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPad-2-leather-cover-case-with-build-in-stand_W0QQitemZ220758440944QQcategoryZ158851QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=1&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=8228367653389572709#ht_1858wt_922 It does look much better IRL then auction pics, very good fit and overall quality, adds very little bulk, does have magnets for sleep/wake. I got it very fast too, like in two business days.

wesk702
Apr 11, 2011, 12:08 PM
Black and gray woven. It's actually very well made. It's just the pocket I don't really like.

msk12
Apr 11, 2011, 01:12 PM
Update: the headphone hole does not align up very well. Could be the dealbreaker.

I picked up the Flip Folio from Fry's on Saturday, and I have the same problem. None of the top holes align to the button, mic or headphone jack. There is really nothing that keeps the iPad from sliding to the left, the flap doesn't have any velcro.

wesk702
Apr 11, 2011, 05:43 PM
I picked up the Flip Folio from Fry's on Saturday, and I have the same problem. None of the top holes align to the button, mic or headphone jack. There is really nothing that keeps the iPad from sliding to the left, the flap doesn't have any velcro.

Yeah just returned mine for the folio stand. Much better without a pocket but the headphone hole is irritating

mynamesreallong
Apr 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
Thats a lil too baller for me. ;-) I wish the cheapo amazon cases would be compatible with the smartcovers. good review tho miss.

wesk702
Apr 11, 2011, 09:26 PM
Thats a lil too baller for me. ;-) I wish the cheapo amazon cases would be compatible with the smartcovers. good review tho miss.

Anytime me lady