PDA

View Full Version : Cygnett Cases are defective

DizzyV6P
Apr 11, 2011, 09:30 AM
After trying out this case for a few weeks, it was returned this past weekend.

I had the Cygnett Windsor leather version of this case and this past weekend I noticed when I removed my iPad2 from the case, there were little indentations on the Zagg Invisibleshield cover around the edges.

I ran my fingers along the back of the case that covers the bezels and found a lot of bumps where the seams were knotted, but not flush. Basically, poor quality control on Cygnett's part. I could imagine these scratching an unprotected iPad2 screen if one wasn't careful. One bump was actually a bit sharp!

I opened a few other boxes in the store to check the seams and all the versions of this case had the same problem. So for those thinking about this case, beware! Check the bezel cover seams underneath to make sure they are smooth.

I gave up on this case and got the Targus Versavu 360 instead. The tag on the box at Micro Center says $59.99, but it rang up as $47.99 so I guess there's a sale on this particular case. I'll post up my thoughts on the Targus case once I've had some time playing with it.

psychonaut
Apr 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the tip, I will have to check mine to see if it has the same issue.

psychonaut
Apr 11, 2011, 08:50 PM
Just checked my lavish earth case and my wife's glam case and no issue, it's totally smooth.

Pedro109
Apr 26, 2011, 07:12 AM
I ran my fingers along the back of the case that covers the bezels and found a lot of bumps where the seams were knotted, but not flush.

Checked my Windsor case and no such issue. Perhaps yours was an early build?

BTW. I notice on Cygnett's web site they have an option for a free conversion kit to upgrade their cases to "Smart Cover" status (ie automatically wake/sleep the iPad2 when opened/closed). I've just applied for this.
http://cygnett.com.au/products/ipad/conversion_kit.html

holyindian
Apr 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
Their screen protectors are also defective. :mad:

jeyaganesh
Apr 27, 2011, 07:17 AM
Hi, I am looking to buy Cygnett Windsor. Does it have hole for back camera?
Can it be foldable backwards in order to hold the iPad in one hand to read books. It is pity to read that good looking case has defects. Is there any good case like Windsor in the market?

Thanks in advance!:)

guinness8878
Apr 27, 2011, 10:22 PM

BTW. I notice on Cygnett's web site they have an option for a free conversion kit to upgrade their cases to "Smart Cover" status (ie automatically wake/sleep the iPad2 when opened/closed). I've just applied for this.

Microcenter has the revised versions in store with sleep/wake installed. When the cover is folded back like a book it puts my iPad to sleep. Not a huge concern for some but to me it is and will be returning. FYI

guinness8878
Apr 27, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hi, I am looking to buy Cygnett Windsor. Does it have hole for back camera?
Can it be foldable backwards in order to hold the iPad in one hand to read books. It is pity to read that good looking case has defects. Is there any good case like Windsor in the market?

Thanks in advance!:)

Yes and yes.

Monty0007
May 8, 2011, 06:11 PM

Have you received the conversion kit yet. If so what is it like, ie looks and does it work? Thanks