Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
Hey fellow iPadders!

Just attaching an image here for grip suggestions

I hate cases and I don't like skins --- thus, I stuck some furniture pads on the bottom of my iPad and the grip is now EXCELLENT - much easier to hold and much more usable

Granted, the furniture pads are on at all times, as they stick (I like it that way anyways) but these pads, in particular, come off very easily if you peel carefully - I got these furniture pads from Home Depot, and again, they're very easy to take off if you don't like them

Also - I use a smartcover to stand the iPad up, and the pads don't get in the way of the smartcover at all - anyways - hope this is useful for some of you

Peace and love all! :)

Attachments

• iPadpadding.jpg
    iPadpadding.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 238

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
No apologies here

If it was meant to be in a museum, it wouldn't have my fingerprints all over it folks...

That said - everyone loves a man with a good 'grip'

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
How do you struggle to grip anything with your great big hands? :D

Are you sure its not an iPod touch? :eek:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
How could you mar the beauty of the iPad that way? That's just disgusting! If Steve Jobs saw that, he'd not only throw up in his mouth a little, he'd snatch the thing away from you -- you don't deserve to have a iPad at all if that's the way you treat it -- and he'd blacklist you from being ever able to purchase any Apple product anywhere in the world ever again.

ani23

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Wow. I am not usually the one to care about looks too much but that sir is despicable, shameful, abhorrent, abject, despisable, detestable, awful, detestable, atrocious, awful, bad, base, beastly, contemptible, cursed, despicable, disgusting, foul, grim, grody, gross*, hairy*, hateful, heinous, hellish, horrible, horrid, loathsome, lousy, nauseating, obnoxious, odious, offensive, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sleazy*, stinking, terrible, vile, wretched

It looks like then loch ness monster walked out of the genius bar.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Hey fellow iPadders!

Just attaching an image here for grip suggestions

I hate cases and I don't like skins --- thus, I stuck some furniture pads on the bottom of my iPad and the grip is now EXCELLENT - much easier to hold and much more usable

Granted, the furniture pads are on at all times, as they stick (I like it that way anyways) but these pads, in particular, come off very easily if you peel carefully - I got these furniture pads from Home Depot, and again, they're very easy to take off if you don't like them

Also - I use a smartcover to stand the iPad up, and the pads don't get in the way of the smartcover at all - anyways - hope this is useful for some of you

Peace and love all! :)

A case of "Function over Form"

If it works for you. XD

Can I at least suggest a ZAGG Invisible Shield for the back instead. ZAGG is tacky and gives excellent grip.

Last edited:

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
wow, that's gross.

better to put invisible shield on the back only to give it a better grip and protection. :p

whitenoise

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
U.K.
hhhhhoookay. Well if it works, then good for you. BUT, I would suggest peeling them off and at least straightening the pads up, it looks like you just threw them on.

I never feel comfortable using the ipad without some sort of case, I find I baby the damn thing. Once its in a decent case I can actually use it, without worrying. :rolleyes:

I suppose if owning :apple: products hasn't turned you OCD we should really be congratulating you, and asking you the secret. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.