PDA

View Full Version : iPad Grip Suggestion

HasanDaddy
Apr 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
Hey fellow iPadders!

Just attaching an image here for grip suggestions

I hate cases and I don't like skins --- thus, I stuck some furniture pads on the bottom of my iPad and the grip is now EXCELLENT - much easier to hold and much more usable

Granted, the furniture pads are on at all times, as they stick (I like it that way anyways) but these pads, in particular, come off very easily if you peel carefully - I got these furniture pads from Home Depot, and again, they're very easy to take off if you don't like them

Also - I use a smartcover to stand the iPad up, and the pads don't get in the way of the smartcover at all - anyways - hope this is useful for some of you

Peace and love all! :)

Mattstkc
Apr 11, 2011, 10:12 AM
somewhere in California, Steve Jobs just threw up in his mouth a little...

santie321
Apr 11, 2011, 10:15 AM

QFT. god that's just friggin hideous...

thibaulthalpern
Apr 11, 2011, 10:17 AM
Glad you like your solution!

As for me, I find it too ugly :) I'd much rather use a skin, or actually, nothing at all!

Chip NoVaMac
Apr 11, 2011, 10:32 AM
QFT. god that's just friggin hideous...

+1

One of the reasons I went with the SGP skin....

http://www.sgpstore.com/media/configurable/iPad-2-3G-Wifi-Skin-Guard-Set-Series/deepblackleather-2.jpg

Julien
Apr 11, 2011, 10:33 AM
...I hate cases and I don't like skins...

....but you like that:confused::eek:

v66jack
Apr 11, 2011, 10:37 AM
That's an interesting look you have going on!

HasanDaddy
Apr 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
If it was meant to be in a museum, it wouldn't have my fingerprints all over it folks...

That said - everyone loves a man with a good 'grip'

2 Owls
Apr 11, 2011, 10:47 AM
How do you struggle to grip anything with your great big hands? :D

Are you sure its not an iPod touch? :eek:

mopppish
Apr 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little...

steadysignal
Apr 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little...
nice.

HasanDaddy
Apr 11, 2011, 12:38 PM
how do you struggle to grip anything with your great big hands? :d

are you sure its not an ipod touch? :eek:

lol :)

euphoria47
Apr 11, 2011, 12:41 PM
ROFL OP trollin'

Pete the Geek
Apr 11, 2011, 12:44 PM
I stuck some furniture pads on the bottom of my iPad and the grip is now EXCELLENT - much easier to hold and much more usableWell I think it is an awesome idea for improving the grippability of the iPad. I see this being a good choice for classrooms that have iPads (and even laptops).

Clix Pix
Apr 11, 2011, 01:10 PM
How could you mar the beauty of the iPad that way? That's just disgusting! If Steve Jobs saw that, he'd not only throw up in his mouth a little, he'd snatch the thing away from you -- you don't deserve to have a iPad at all if that's the way you treat it -- and he'd blacklist you from being ever able to purchase any Apple product anywhere in the world ever again.

ani23
Apr 11, 2011, 06:42 PM
Wow. I am not usually the one to care about looks too much but that sir is despicable, shameful, abhorrent, abject, despisable, detestable, awful, detestable, atrocious, awful, bad, base, beastly, contemptible, cursed, despicable, disgusting, foul, grim, grody, gross*, hairy*, hateful, heinous, hellish, horrible, horrid, loathsome, lousy, nauseating, obnoxious, odious, offensive, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sleazy*, stinking, terrible, vile, wretched

It looks like then loch ness monster walked out of the genius bar.

Skika
Apr 11, 2011, 07:55 PM
What am i looking at?

XXFirefighter
Apr 11, 2011, 08:00 PM
wow, no...
ANd you don't like a skin because it takes away from the ipad?
lol

vincenz
Apr 11, 2011, 08:11 PM
Holy crap. That should be illegal.

xraytech
Apr 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
Hey fellow iPadders!

Just attaching an image here for grip suggestions

I hate cases and I don't like skins --- thus, I stuck some furniture pads on the bottom of my iPad and the grip is now EXCELLENT - much easier to hold and much more usable

Granted, the furniture pads are on at all times, as they stick (I like it that way anyways) but these pads, in particular, come off very easily if you peel carefully - I got these furniture pads from Home Depot, and again, they're very easy to take off if you don't like them

Also - I use a smartcover to stand the iPad up, and the pads don't get in the way of the smartcover at all - anyways - hope this is useful for some of you

Peace and love all! :)

A case of "Function over Form"

If it works for you. XD

Can I at least suggest a ZAGG Invisible Shield for the back instead. ZAGG is tacky and gives excellent grip.

ani23
Apr 11, 2011, 08:15 PM
Holy crap. That should be illegal.

Haha lol.

Scott6666
Apr 11, 2011, 08:30 PM

Funniest reply ever

Ferris23
Apr 11, 2011, 08:36 PM
Funniest reply ever

This.

I don't like cases, but I like sticking furniture pads all over the back of my iPad.

Is this real life?

aleni
Apr 12, 2011, 02:00 AM
wow, that's gross.

better to put invisible shield on the back only to give it a better grip and protection. :p

whitenoise
Apr 12, 2011, 06:20 AM
hhhhhoookay. Well if it works, then good for you. BUT, I would suggest peeling them off and at least straightening the pads up, it looks like you just threw them on.

I never feel comfortable using the ipad without some sort of case, I find I baby the damn thing. Once its in a decent case I can actually use it, without worrying. :rolleyes:

I suppose if owning :apple: products hasn't turned you OCD we should really be congratulating you, and asking you the secret. :D

miamialley
Apr 12, 2011, 07:09 AM
I think I'm going to smear some Elmers glue on the back of my iPad to get a great grip!

HasanDaddy
Apr 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
How could you mar the beauty of the iPad that way? That's just disgusting! If Steve Jobs saw that, he'd not only throw up in his mouth a little, he'd snatch the thing away from you -- you don't deserve to have a iPad at all if that's the way you treat it -- and he'd blacklist you from being ever able to purchase any Apple product anywhere in the world ever again.

Right....

Based on my artwork, I think Steve Jobs would be pretty darn jazzed to know that I'm a loyal Apple user...

But I am jealous of you Clix Pix! After all... it must be nice to be able to ride motorcycles, without having to wear a helmet...

HasanDaddy
Apr 12, 2011, 09:01 AM
hhhhhoookay. Well if it works, then good for you. BUT, I would suggest peeling them off and at least straightening the pads up, it looks like you just threw them on.

I never feel comfortable using the ipad without some sort of case, I find I baby the damn thing. Once its in a decent case I can actually use it, without worrying. :rolleyes:

I suppose if owning :apple: products hasn't turned you OCD we should really be congratulating you, and asking you the secret. :D

Well, as the Boddhisatva Swami Sivananda once said, "Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself."

PBz
Apr 12, 2011, 09:07 AM
What about using some good ol' skateboard grip tape?

Just to be honest.. that does look pretty horrendous.

MBPnamja
Apr 12, 2011, 09:21 AM
before I got my invisible shield I used the Clear dots around the edges and it was actually pretty neat and clean. But since then Ive purchased couple cases thats worked better. Currently using Dodo Case

HasanDaddy
Apr 12, 2011, 01:36 PM
What about using some good ol' skateboard grip tape?

Just to be honest.. that does look pretty horrendous.

Actually did consider that, as I'm a former snowboarder, but the pads won out

Fireworld
Apr 12, 2011, 01:41 PM
Not my cup of tea.

Cheetablaze
Apr 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
That's awesome! Who cares about looks as long as it works.. plenty of jack wagons in here would rather spend 20-30 bucks when some felt stickers do the trick.

thesiren
Apr 12, 2011, 02:17 PM
why don't you just wrap it in brown paper and smear some dog poo on it while you're at it?!

Amazing Iceman
Apr 12, 2011, 02:22 PM
Looks like Gateway's version of the iPad. :D

It may be functional, but as it is now, it's extremely ugly :eek:

Try using smaller clear pads nicely placed in order, or a case similar to the Apple iPad Case.

You are right, the iPad by itself is very slippery.

I keep mine in it's Apple iPad Case. The lids ability to fold provides a very good grip and handling. I'm not sure if the Smart Cover provides the same functionality. I would be afraid of it coming off, as it's only held by magnets.

Let us know if you come up with another solution

Funnone
Apr 12, 2011, 03:00 PM
:eek:

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 12, 2011, 03:04 PM
this thread is funny :)

Actually, I expected this thread to be about suggestions on how to physically grip/hold the iPad. I walked in (metaphorically speaking) to see how many "you're holding it wrong" comments would be in here.

Honestly, like everyone else, I don't understand how you can prefer that to some kind of a case with a grip on the back. There are some clear materials specifically made just to add a grip...

But if it works for ya OP and you don't mind it. More power to ya

PBz
Apr 12, 2011, 03:22 PM
No offense but that "solution" makes me think of this image....

http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/2008/03/trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

TheWheelMan
Apr 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
Wow. I am not usually the one to care about looks too much but that sir is despicable, shameful, abhorrent, abject, despisable, detestable, awful, detestable, atrocious, awful, bad, base, beastly, contemptible, cursed, despicable, disgusting, foul, grim, grody, gross*, hairy*, hateful, heinous, hellish, horrible, horrid, loathsome, lousy, nauseating, obnoxious, odious, offensive, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sleazy*, stinking, terrible, vile, wretched

It looks like then loch ness monster walked out of the genius bar.

You really need to learn to express yourself better. :D

If that works for you, OP, more power to you, but I'd rather put pads on my fingertips than ugly up the iPad like that.