Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
I got my PS HD anti-glare screen protection today and let me say I am VERY disappointed. Having read all the rave reviews here I decided to order this up to replace the screen protector (with a flawless installation) that I already had on my iPad 2. The old adage, leave well enough alone applies here ten fold. Before anyone accuses me of unjustly bashing Power Support, I won't even name the other product that I ruined taking off my iPad to try this brand.

To be clear, this isn't my first screen protector rodeo. I have been putting various brands on iPods, iPhone's, and iPads since they became available for these devices and I am meticulous in my installation skills, and have an anal retentive nature for perfection. The package arrived in perfect condition with no damage of any kind. I watched the Power Support installation video 3 times and my environment was pristine. So what was my problem? Dust? Nope. Hair? Nope. Bubbles? Nope. No, the problem was that there was a small 1-2 mm crease in the film that was unseen until it was seated on the dark unlit iPad screen about 2 inches up and to the left of the home button. The little crease was such that no matter how I re-lifted and pressed, and massaged, and tried to work it wasn't going to lay flat at that spot and I had a larger pocket underneath it. I finally gave up, peeled up the PS and stuck it back on it's backing and put it in the packing envelope.

I will return it tomorrow. We'll see how they're customer service is because I hope they don't try and charge me the 15% restocking fee for it not being in new, unused condition. That would be comical considering it didn't arrive to me that way in the first place. I am actually bumming more over the fact I took a perfectly good screen protector off my iPad and have nothing until I go out tomorrow and purchase something new.

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You could have avoided your over dramatic post and declarations of how awesome you are at applying these things and said there was a crease on the screen protector and you're upset. Contact power support and they'll fix the issue. These things happen, they were understanding when mine came creased.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I got my PS HD anti-glare screen protection today and let me say I am VERY disappointed. Having read all the rave reviews here I decided to order this up to replace the screen protector (with a flawless installation) that I already had on my iPad 2. The old adage, leave well enough alone applies here ten fold. Before anyone accuses me of unjustly bashing Power Support, I won't even name the other product that I ruined taking off my iPad to try this brand.

To be clear, this isn't my first screen protector rodeo. I have been putting various brands on iPods, iPhone's, and iPads since they became available for these devices and I am meticulous in my installation skills, and have an anal retentive nature for perfection. The package arrived in perfect condition with no damage of any kind. I watched the Power Support installation video 3 times and my environment was pristine. So what was my problem? Dust? Nope. Hair? Nope. Bubbles? Nope. No, the problem was that there was a small 1-2 mm crease in the film that was unseen until it was seated on the dark unlit iPad screen about 2 inches up and to the left of the home button. The little crease was such that no matter how I re-lifted and pressed, and massaged, and tried to work it wasn't going to lay flat at that spot and I had a larger pocket underneath it. I finally gave up, peeled up the PS and stuck it back on it's backing and put it in the packing envelope.

I will return it tomorrow. We'll see how they're customer service is because I hope they don't try and charge me the 15% restocking fee for it not being in new, unused condition. That would be comical considering it didn't arrive to me that way in the first place. I am actually bumming more over the fact I took a perfectly good screen protector off my iPad and have nothing until I go out tomorrow and purchase something new.

Based on your headline, it seemed like you were disappointed with the quality of the PS AG, when in reality, you received a defective film and should have just sent it back. Power Supports ARE awesome. You got a defective one. Send it back, get a replacement. That will give you another opportunity to hone your mad skills at screen film installation.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
You could have avoided your over dramatic post and declarations of how awesome you are at applying these things and said there was a crease on the screen protector and you're upset. Contact power support and they'll fix the issue. These things happen, they were understanding when mine came creased.

Thanks for interjecting your view on proper post length etiquette. You could have shortened your response and simply said contact Power Support they fixed mine when it came creased. Feel free not to respond if you don't like the "dramatics".

Seriously, that post did not need to be that long.

Seriously, having posted here before, having not spelled everything out, I'd have 200 experts advising me how I must have done something wrong. Just thought I'd clear that up before it got started.

Based on your headline, it seemed like you were disappointed with the quality of the PS AG, when in reality, you received a defective film and should have just sent it back. Power Supports ARE awesome. You got a defective one. Send it back, get a replacement. That will give you another opportunity to hone your mad skills at screen film installation.

Thanks for your objective response. You are probably right that they are good overall. However, to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the quality or image to boot IMHO. As I've already been lambasted, members felt the post was long without delving into that subject as well. Having already ruined one shield, waiting for PS to send a replacement with the hope the one they send is right doesn't sound appealing. I'll go back to what I was using as it worked perfectly for my needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Come on now?!?

Once and a while you get a lemon, so just send it back and tell them the situation. Power Support makes good product and they stand behind it.

I'm sorry but you just come off sounding like a troll.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
Come on now?!?

Once and a while you get a lemon, so just send it back and tell them the situation. Power Support makes good product and they stand behind it.

Really, as a regular here? A troll? Check my other posts and started threads. I've got better things to do. To each their own with products. I pre-ordered, waited patiently, and think personally the product stunk. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Q Bert

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Chicago Burbs
OP, your SN looks familar. Correct me if i'm wrong but I think I saw that same SN in a Mazda forum. Anyhow, you're not satisfied with the product. Return it for a refund or for a replacement. If a replacement is not suitable, get a refund and move on. End of story

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
Come on now?!?

One other thing. I got two friends of mine to buy this product off of my recommendation from the threads here. They both seem satisfied and are happy. So it would hardly seem I'm here as a troll to bash the product.

OP, your SN looks familar. Correct me if i'm wrong but I think I saw that same SN in a Mazda forum. Anyhow, you're not satisfied with the product. Return it for a refund or for a replacement. If a replacement is not suitable, get a refund and move on. End of story

Nope, not me from "Mazda".

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
What are you looking for exactly? Sympathy? Sounds like all you need is a replacement. No need for the theater.

Either way, I think there are more satisfying outlets for your existential angst than on a screen protector... :confused:

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
What are you looking for exactly? Sympathy? Sounds like all you need is a replacement. No need for the theater.

Either way, I think there are more satisfying outlets for your existential angst than on a screen protector... :confused:

Ah, spoken by the iPad 2 isn't really thinner guy. I guess that was your theatrical post for all us fooled by the optical illusion? :eek:

josun

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
I don't understand all these negative comments. Sure the post was somewhat long but no one forced anybody to read it and you could've went out instead of reading all that and complain after. What gives?

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Ah, spoken by the iPad 2 isn't really thinner guy. I guess that was your theatrical post for all us fooled by the optical illusion? :eek:

Wasn't aware of my fame, but thanks. I hope you're enjoying your thinner iPad very much.

Please continue taking out your worldly troubles on your screen protector. :confused:

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles

My experience with their Customer Support has been great. When I got the PS Crystal Film for my iPad 1, glue from the packaging came off on the film while I was getting it out of its package.

I called PS Customer Service and the guy on the phone had me take a picture of the damage right then and there, and send it to him while he was on the phone. I did so, and he immediately authorized a replacement...which I received within a few days.

Give them a chance. PS is really the best, IMHO.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
Please continue taking out your worldly troubles on your screen protector. :confused:

I can't. The piece of crap is boxed up and ready to go back. Now, if only I could find a dog to kick as a replacement I could cure my... what did you call it... oh yeah... existential angst. However, it would do nothing for my Anthropic Fallacy.

My experience with their Customer Support has been great. When I got the PS Crystal Film for my iPad 1, glue from the packaging came off on the film while I was getting it out of its package.

I called PS Customer Service and the guy on the phone had me take a picture of the damage right then and there, and send it to him while he was on the phone. I did so, and he immediately authorized a replacement...which I received within a few days.

Give them a chance. PS is really the best, IMHO.

Thanks. When I talk to them tomorrow I'll see about a replacement. Might give it another try for the sake of being "fair" since my post seems to have upset some of their loyal following.

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Come on now?!?

^ What he said. You come out flaming against a respected company and you haven't even given them an opportunity to fix the issue. Not cool. And if the screen protector you were using was good as you say why bother trying to order another one until it needs replacing... something not adding up for me.

PS are among the best films you can buy. I just don't like using films on my screens myself. I wish they offered one for the back I'd probably buy it.

soshibo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011

ROFL.

not a big deal, OP... you'll be fine. smile =]

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
So, where it was not creased, how was the film? Was the anti-glare effective and how much did it affect the clarity of the screen (which isn't that great to begin with compared to the iPhone 4)?

ScottJ

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
SoCal
At the risk of offending PS supporters, I'd like to thank you for your post! I've never used the product myself (I have a different product on my phone). Based on the universal support on this forum, I placed an order last week. Because of your post, I know now to inspect the product carefully when it comes. (Based on their reputation, I'd never have thought to do that...)

I also totally understand your frustration since you already had a screen protector flawlessly installed. Let us know what you do and ignore the negative posts. I find the MacRumors forums to be incredibly helpful despite the tendency of many posters to pile on.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks! Hope yours works out for you!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

TxMacAddict said:
Come on now?!?

^ What he said. You come out flaming against a respected company and you haven't even given them an opportunity to fix the issue. Not cool. And if the screen protector you were using was good as you say why bother trying to order another one until it needs replacing... something not adding up for me.

PS are among the best films you can buy. I just don't like using films on my screens myself. I wish they offered one for the back I'd probably buy it.

Flaming? Really? $36 to have defective plastic shipped to me is flaming? Yep, you're right, you caught me. Nobody would ever try another product on the recommendation of others thinking it might be better than what they already had. Your addition is spot on for it not adding up. Not to mention that a quick glance here in the forums has plenty of other threads or comments critical about other products. It's just me against the world railing against power support. LOL

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I think the problem here is that you did not post your opinion or your observations about a product - you just blasted in big font in the title:-BIG DISAPPOINTMENT - which is a bit much. Every manufacturer of anything can ship out a detective product, unless it's delivered by Brinks in a truck. I get flamed here all the time for my opinions and observations and like you, does not bother me in the least. But the guys are just saying it's a bit of a grandstander to scream about a product which PS will rectify...

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
He really seems over the top on this issue. For God's sake, it's only a screen protector and he hasn't even given the company the opportunity to resolve the issue.

Yeah, I feel like the issue doesn't warrant this post in CAPS stating "BIG DISAPPOINTMENT". S..T happens and sometimes there are mistakes in production/manufacturing that aren't caught in quality control before distribution. If Power Support customer service didn't attempt to make it right with the customer then you would have a complaint that warrants this type of post.

I waited in line 7 hours to get my iPad 2 on launch day and when I got home I noticed that the screen had a scratch on it. It didn't even cross my mind to post a rant about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.