PDA

View Full Version : quicker turn around on Noreve covers

beama
Apr 12, 2011, 06:53 AM
Just got this email this morning with two cases for the IPad2:

In the past four years, Noreve has experienced exceptional growth, exceeding our expectations. Indeed, thanks to you, sales have nearly quadrupled. We are very grateful and we thank you warmly.

The signing of major contracts with large specialized chains and the development of our network with "Resellers" in over 120 countries have led to an unexpected saturation of our production capacity.

Despite all efforts and the increase in workforce, we were not able to respond in time to the very high demand. The training of new employees (designers, craftsmen in leather, quality controllers ...) is a long process. It takes between 3-6 months to train competent people and achieve the required level of demand for our Noreve products. Quality takes time and unfortunately we were not able to catch up. After months of effort, our production has finally caught up and adjusted with this high demand.

Following these changes, we are pleased to announce that our turnover is now back to 2 / 3 working days for Black Perpetual phone covers and 15 working days for the covers made on request. We sincerely apologize if any delays you have had to endure with your orders, but it was impossible for us to predict such sales. Know that we would have preferred a more reasonable growth, which would have caused less damage to our image.

Our customer service and our sales department remain at your disposal for further information. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you again soon on our website.

Noreve Team

Quality and Service - Our commitments

Noreve is pleased to announce the signature of an exclusive partnership with one of all the best leather suppliers in the world. Noreve products will benefit from an exceptionnal know-how, associating years of experiment, modern technology but also of single textures, in the forefront of the tendency. These Italian leathers will improve the aspect and the lifespan of Noreve products.

The interior lining now will be made of engraved genuine leather with Noreve logo and the label `Designed in France by Noreve'.

As he was announced above in Noreve management letter, after months of very strong growth and delays, we have finally succeed in the adjustment of our production to get back to the delivery times mentionned in our terms and conditions; all black covers from the perpetual range will be delivered under 2 to 4 working days and all other leathers/colors will be manufactured on-demand under 15 MAXIMUM days.

New leather cases

Apple iPad 2 Tradition leather case

Noreve.com
NoreveAustralia.com

Apple iPad 2 Tradition B leather case

Noreve.com
NoreveAustralia.com

Boldman
Apr 12, 2011, 08:22 AM
What are your thoughts on the new cases ?

beama
Apr 12, 2011, 08:27 AM
What are your thoughts on the new cases ?
I have a Noreve for my Kindle2 and love it. I like their new IPad 2 covers too, but have already ordered a Vaja Libretto. Noreve would be my second choice to Vaja. (no magnet to turn it on, which Vaja has).

Boldman
Apr 13, 2011, 09:28 AM
According to an email from Noreve, the new Tradition B case has the sleep function with the magnetic closure.

beama
Apr 13, 2011, 12:02 PM
According to an email from Noreve, the new Tradition B case has the sleep function with the magnetic closure.

Thanks for checking that out- had I known that, it would have made the decision harder, but I'm happy with the Vaja order.

cc1013
Apr 16, 2011, 05:59 PM

That's interesting because they told me it did not have that function. I liked the Noreve Kindle case enough that I still decided to order the Tradition B case for my iPad 2. I ordered the Platinum, so it will take a while longer.

skids929
Apr 16, 2011, 06:37 PM
I have a Noreve for my Kindle2 and love it. I like their new IPad 2 covers too, but have already ordered a Vaja Libretto. Noreve would be my second choice to Vaja. (no magnet to turn it on, which Vaja has).

Yep, same reason I stayed away form the Noreve. Shame on them..At this price point the case should do everything and MORE.

Which is why I went ahead and paid too much for the Vaja instead. I also think the Vaja wins when it comes to overall formfactor since you don't have to pop it out of two prongs everytime you want to use the stand feature. Otherwise the Noreve is a solid (albeit overpriced) choice for the iPad 2.

Boldman
Apr 17, 2011, 07:58 AM
Yep, same reason I stayed away form the Noreve. Shame on them..At this price point the case should do everything and MORE.

Which is why I went ahead and paid too much for the Vaja instead. I also think the Vaja wins when it comes to overall formfactor since you don't have to pop it out of two prongs everytime you want to use the stand feature. Otherwise the Noreve is a solid (albeit overpriced) choice for the iPad 2.

I received an email from someone named Cynthia from customercare and she indicated that the ipad 2 tradition B case had a sleep function. It doesn't matter because I agree with you that I wouldn't want to pop it out of the two prongs every time I wanted to use the stand feature. I am almost convinced to get the Vaja but I want to see one more case and that is the Ipad 2 case from the SGP store. They indicated that it would be available shortly. Their case for the original Ipad was quite nice. I am waiting to see their new one and how they treat the opening for the camera lense.

skids929
Apr 17, 2011, 12:34 PM
I received an email from someone named Cynthia from customercare and she indicated that the ipad 2 tradition B case had a sleep function. It doesn't matter because I agree with you that I wouldn't want to pop it out of the two prongs every time I wanted to use the stand feature. I am almost convinced to get the Vaja but I want to see one more case and that is the Ipad 2 case from the SGP store. They indicated that it would be available shortly. Their case for the original Ipad was quite nice. I am waiting to see their new one and how they treat the opening for the camera lense.

I looked at the SGP, I really like their iPad 1 case in Suede, just didn't have a stand feature, but I might have overlooked it. SGP would have been my second or third choice overall, but their time to market seemed far out, unless they have dates now. When I checked with them they didn't know much in terms of timeframe and form factor.

cc1013
Apr 17, 2011, 10:03 PM

Cynthia is the same person that emailed me, but now that I read her response carefully, I don't think she really understood what I was asking. I emailed again and tried to be more clear. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of a language barrier when dealing with Noreve sometimes.

cc1013
Apr 18, 2011, 09:20 AM
Cynthia is the same person that emailed me, but now that I read her response carefully, I don't think she really understood what I was asking. I emailed again and tried to be more clear. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of a language barrier when dealing with Noreve sometimes.

Cynthia from Noreve just sent me the following:

"Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your message. There is a sleep function on the Ipad 2 Tradition B.
I wish you a very good day."

Sounds good! I'm happy I went with this case versus the more expensive Vaja. I replied to Cynthia and recommended that they add a note about the sleep feature to the website detail.

skids929
Apr 18, 2011, 02:37 PM
Cynthia from Noreve just sent me the following:

"Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your message. There is a sleep function on the Ipad 2 Tradition B.
I wish you a very good day."

Sounds good! I'm happy I went with this case versus the more expensive Vaja. I replied to Cynthia and recommended that they add a note about the sleep feature to the website detail.

For the difference in price (maybe $30 or so) I am glad I don't have to deal with those two prongs on the Noreve as opposed to the Vaja. This is the first thing that held me back from the Noreve case at that price; and that the Toblino 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE) is virtually the same for a third of the price. I hear the leather is nice on the Toblino 2 as well..In the end yes Vaja is a little more $$ but there are significant differences in the two IMO. Vaja is an overall better formfactor, cleaner bezel look, nicer details.

I would however be interested to hear how the Noreve functions overall, in terms of how easily it slips in and out of those prongs.

cc1013
Apr 18, 2011, 03:36 PM
For the difference in price (maybe $30 or so) I am glad I don't have to deal with those two prongs on the Noreve as opposed to the Vaja. This is the first thing that held me back from the Noreve case at that price; and that the Toblino 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE) is virtually the same for a third of the price. I hear the leather is nice on the Toblino 2 as well..In the end yes Vaja is a little more $$ but there are significant differences in the two IMO. Vaja is an overall better formfactor, cleaner bezel look, nicer details.

I would however be interested to hear how the Noreve functions overall, in terms of how easily it slips in and out of those prongs.

The Vaja is also a very attractive case. The cost difference between the two for me was $53 when shipping was included. Also, I purchased a Noreve with the upgraded leather, so the cost difference would have been close to $70 with the regular version. I'm sure both cases will be nice. My experience with Noreve cases has been outstanding. I can't speak to the Vaja ones personally, but they look impressive.

batman75
Apr 18, 2011, 04:27 PM
The Vaja is also a very attractive case. The cost difference between the two for me was $53 when shipping was included. Also, I purchased a Noreve with the upgraded leather, so the cost difference would have been close to $70 with the regular version. I'm sure both cases will be nice. My experience with Noreve cases has been outstanding. I can't speak to the Vaja ones personally, but they look impressive.

How come the difference is so big? The Noreve with premium leather is EUR 94.99 which translates as $135. The Vaja is $160.

johnc22
Apr 18, 2011, 05:36 PM
How come the difference is so big? The Noreve with premium leather is EUR 94.99 which translates as $135. The Vaja is $160.

Perhaps shipping? Both are shipped from overseas so that adds to the cost.

I've had Vaja for my iPhones and like them. I'm on the fence with either of these cases. I have the Yoobao as a stand by until I make a decision, but the Yoobao is definitely not a forever case as it has some flaws. Form factor is great though.

I'm awaiting actual reviews here of the Vaja and Noreve to see what's what. So many cases that people have been ogling turn out to be not that great once in people's hands. The Vaja looks like a sure hit, but I kind of like the way Noreve does the stand (slots in the cover rather than tucking into a flap on back). My Yoobao is like the Vaja and it's not that stable in viewing mode, not that the Vaja won't be much better.

skids929
Apr 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
Perhaps shipping? Both are shipped from overseas so that adds to the cost.

I've had Vaja for my iPhones and like them. I'm on the fence with either of these cases. I have the Yoobao as a stand by until I make a decision, but the Yoobao is definitely not a forever case as it has some flaws. Form factor is great though.

I'm awaiting actual reviews here of the Vaja and Noreve to see what's what. So many cases that people have been ogling turn out to be not that great once in people's hands. The Vaja looks like a sure hit, but I kind of like the way Noreve does the stand (slots in the cover rather than tucking into a flap on back). My Yoobao is like the Vaja and it's not that stable in viewing mode, not that the Vaja won't be much better.

I will be sure to post pics and a review once I get the Libretto, hopefully these Noreve owners will do the same. The Vaja will have some high expectations to live into, I will be inspecting every nary detail of it. For $160 and a 35 day wait for an alleged hand-made process it better damn-well make good on it's promise on quality. :)

cc1013
Apr 18, 2011, 07:39 PM

The Noreve Tradition B starts at EUR 89.99. I purchased the Illumination series which is EUR 99.99. I just checked and my credit card including the foreign transaction fee and shipping was charged $131 for the Noreve, so slightly higher than the $125 I mentioned before. Sorry about that, forgot about that extra fee (this could possibly apply to Vaja too?). I also found an online code 'mobigeeks' that gave a small discount (around $10) to bring it down to the amount I was charged. I do remember the shipping to be quite high on both cases, but I think the Noreve was slightly less. Also, perhaps my credit card company was able to get a better exchange rate. Noreve's website also quotes estimated fees in USD.

One more thing to add....when you go to check out, the actual cost is less than what was originally quoted in prices on the site. Not sure why, but it's been that way for every Noreve purchase I've made (this is #4).

skids929
Apr 18, 2011, 08:30 PM
T (this could possibly apply to Vaja too?). .

Vaja is priced in $$, Noreve in Euros. So no no fee at all .

sotie
Apr 19, 2011, 02:14 AM
I will be sure to post pics and a review once I get the Libretto, hopefully these Noreve owners will do the same. The Vaja will have some high expectations to live into, I will be inspecting every nary detail of it. For $160 and a 35 day wait for an alleged hand-made process it better damn-well make good on it's promise on quality. :)

Speaking from my own past experience with Vaja iPad cases it won't be perfect and if you look closely you will find minor problems.

skids929
Apr 19, 2011, 02:40 PM
Speaking from my own past experience with Vaja iPad cases it won't be perfect and if you look closely you will find minor problems.

Then it will be sold to the highest bidder! :);)

batman75
Apr 19, 2011, 11:27 PM
The Noreve Tradition B starts at EUR 89.99. I purchased the Illumination series which is EUR 99.99. I just checked and my credit card including the foreign transaction fee and shipping was charged $131 for the Noreve, so slightly higher than the $125 I mentioned before. Sorry about that, forgot about that extra fee (this could possibly apply to Vaja too?). I also found an online code 'mobigeeks' that gave a small discount (around $10) to bring it down to the amount I was charged. I do remember the shipping to be quite high on both cases, but I think the Noreve was slightly less. Also, perhaps my credit card company was able to get a better exchange rate. Noreve's website also quotes estimated fees in USD.

One more thing to add....when you go to check out, the actual cost is less than what was originally quoted in prices on the site. Not sure why, but it's been that way for every Noreve purchase I've made (this is #4).

Yes you are right regarding the price. I think it is because the prices on the website include French Sales Tax, but since this is an export order, we don't have to pay that.

Did you get the Noreve Black Illumination case with the high gloss finish? I'm considering that one too.

How long is the delivery estimate?

cc1013
Apr 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
Yes you are right regarding the price. I think it is because the prices on the website include French Sales Tax, but since this is an export order, we don't have to pay that.

Did you get the Noreve Black Illumination case with the high gloss finish? I'm considering that one too.

How long is the delivery estimate?

Thanks for the point on French Sales Tax! That is probably the difference.

I ordered the Platinum Illumination case. I wanted a lighter colored case, but didn't want to worry about wear and dirt a ton, so the Illumination series seemed like a good option. Hopefully it will look nice with my white iPad 2. I placed the order on April 8 and it is supposed to be shipped 15-20 working days from that time. Since this is a new design, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes a bit longer. When I ordered a black traditional Kindle 3 case for my mother at release, it took a bit of extra time. Plus, I believe France has a 4 day work week, so it extends the delivery time since it is based on business days.

We own 3 Kindle cases for various models and have been thrilled with the quality and look. I sold all of my other cases (some even more expensive than my Noreve) when the Norve case arrived. Because of that, I'm fine with the wait and price.