Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bczm8703

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
hi.. recently my macbook had some errors and so i decided to re format the whole macbook.. Everything seems fine and it was running the installation procedure but when it requested me to insert disc 2, upon inserting the disc 2 the drive seem to be unable to read the disc, it "spit" out the disc after reading it for awhile and it was stuck at the page whereby it keep asking for disc 2.. i would like to find out if there is anyway to repair that damaged disc 2?

currently i only have access to Win 7 PC.. my macbook is unable to be used since i have formatted it already..

Nov 28, 2010
located
You can run the installation again, including formatting/erasing the internal HDD, but this time excluding the iLife suite, which is on the second DVD.
Just look for the "Options" or "Customize" button during the installation and click on it.
After you have installed Mac OS X, you can try installing iLife again via the second DVD or even test it in Disk Utility.
Does the second DVD have any scratches?

bczm8703

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
hi.. i tried but i could not find any iLife suite from the customize screen.. i also tried removing all software starting with 'i' but the installation still ask for disc 2.. tis time around when i insert disc 2 it say error in installing the software..

oh and yes the disc has some scratches..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.