PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 case with no borders

gquiring
Apr 12, 2011, 07:02 PM
I was looking for a case that does not block the iPad 2's borders. I found one on Ebay for around $16. I made a video and took a few photos. Overall I like it. It does smell, I am planning on leaving the case outdoors for a few days which usually solves the problem.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msh60WmS2jY

alan111
Apr 12, 2011, 09:27 PM
Geat case a video. What camcorder did you use to shoot the video?

sotie
Apr 12, 2011, 09:35 PM
Looks like vinyl to me (not in a good way).

icecrystal23
Apr 13, 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the review and photos. I bought this case about a week ago and am still waiting for it. Looks like it's what I wanted (thin, unobtrusive).

gquiring
Apr 13, 2011, 05:51 AM
Geat case a video. What camcorder did you use to shoot the video?It's a Panasonic TM700. I fly radio controlled airplanes so I wanted a decent HD cam with hardware image stabilization. I am really happy with it, it was much cheaper than the Sony or Canon with better specs.

gquiring
Apr 16, 2011, 07:07 AM
I let my case sit for two days in the upstairs window where we get a good breeze and the smell is gone. I did take the case down when the sun was shining directly into the window, I didn't want a melted case!

Blorzoga
Apr 16, 2011, 09:11 AM
The case looks like a knock off of the STM skinny but without the magnets or sleep wake feature. Not too shabby for 16 bucks though.

GraveViolator
Apr 16, 2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for a great review.

The case itself looks very cheap though compared to Skinny.

icecrystal23
Apr 18, 2011, 12:10 AM
Got mine today. I really like how thin it is and that it doesn't cover the iPad's bezel. I also love the typing angle. The other angle, though, is pretty unstable. It's probably only good for watching and not for interacting with the iPad. My other complaint is that the tab seems to slide out pretty easily when using it on your lap.

Overall, though, it's a good deal for $16. It fits well and looks good. It'll work for me until good iPad 2 cases are abundant.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 18, 2011, 12:31 PM
looks bulky compared to incipio feather (does not cover bezel either).

gquiring
Apr 18, 2011, 01:09 PM
looks bulky compared to incipio feather (does not cover bezel either).The case is definitely not bulky.

I modded the case this weekend for a smart switch. All you need is a magnet, knife and glue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhWdQRku0o

icecrystal23
Apr 18, 2011, 02:22 PM
looks bulky compared to incipio feather (does not cover bezel either).

Yeah, but it's an entirely different type of case than the feather. This is more like the original iPad case from Apple.

Slinglfe
Apr 26, 2011, 09:31 AM
I've been waiting to find some feedback on these HK cases. I was thinking this could be the perfect case if only it had auto sleep/wake! Definitely can't beat price but the delivery time is a test of patience.

Could you tell me if the magnet will trigger standby mode if folded all the way back and across in "book" orientation?