PDA

View Full Version : Green Smartcover with Gelaskin's "Climb"

wackoip
Apr 13, 2011, 12:58 AM
Here's my combination, until I get bored.;)

xupcua
Apr 13, 2011, 04:29 AM
Nice combination. Look great!!

davwin
Apr 16, 2011, 09:48 AM
Love the combo on your iPad - looks great together.

I went for something similar but wanted the front bezel cover on too... It looks Great... On the back. The front bezel cover is nice and lines up perfectly with the wallpaper but it was right at a millimeter off and either covers the top of the Home button or covers part of the sensor above the camera. I liked it enough that I kept it on the front bezel but clipped it in the white part of the artwork to make it fit better. It feels smooth and no problems with the corners pulling up or anything and isn't too noticeable but it does bug me a little. Anything similiar on yours?
(Already emailed gelaskins to see if they will ship a replacement for the front.)

Anyway, overall I really love mine and the back cover looks fantastic. Looking at both yours and mine, im really impressed with the print quality they manage on these :) It seems to protect the back from light scratches and sliding on the table and stuff as well as I'd hoped but considering how much the skin cost I want the front bezel cover to be perfect too.

A few pics of mine for comparison...

http://db.tt/oTDtBSh
The back cover

http://db.tt/tdGWisG
The front with wallpaper

ninerfan
Apr 16, 2011, 07:20 PM
OP, that looks fantastic. Is the skin difficult to install?? Can you give a description of the process, please? Thanks!

wackoip
Apr 17, 2011, 05:24 AM
Ninerfan, thanks, the Gelaskin is not difficult to install at all. Like all other 3M adhesive material you can take it off easily to readjust.

Compared to the Gelaskin for iPad, the corners are a bit tricky this time. You see the really thin strip on the top left hand corner next to the on/off switch and the bottom left hand corner near the speaker? They are quite hard to align to the right place. I would recommend to align all the openings on the top first (on/off switch, centre recorder,headphone jack and camera) slowly moving on to aligning the orientation lock/vol up and down and then move on to the bottom speaker, and then the rest of the back.

To make sure the thin strips of plastics to adhere to the back you need to press and hold for maybe a minute or so. Other than that it's easy It took me no more than 9-11 min.

I didn't bother to install the front cos I love the white bezel.

Hope this helps