PDA

View Full Version : The best Facebook client for iPad by Readdle (join the conversation)

Readdlemate
Apr 13, 2011, 05:53 AM
Hello guys,

We're working on free Facebook client for iPad. This is going to be the best application for all users who have iPad and FB account. Going straight to #1.

You can participate:
Share your thoughts, suggestions, what features would you like to see.

Also, could you think about the best name for it? We have our version, but would like to hear your suggestions. The best suggestion will be awarded with a promo code for any Readdle app.

Let's begin.

petvas
Apr 13, 2011, 06:06 AM
Features I'd like to see:

Uploading of multiple photos
Uploading of videos
Chat
Managing friends
Please don't base it on the Facebook site!
Support for Groups
Notifications
Support for locations

Names I could think of:

Facemate
Facebooth
FaceIt!
The social network

archdelux
Apr 13, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hello guys,

We're working on free Facebook client for iPad. This is going to be the best application for all users who have iPad and FB account. Going straight to #1.

You can participate:

Also, could you think about the best name for it? We have our version, but would like to hear your suggestions. The best suggestion will be awarded with a promo code for any Readdle app.

Let's begin.

I would suggest:

Uploading photos with an interface that allows you to scroll through and simply tap the relevant photos at once

Fb chat that allows background notifications

An ability to view the "full" Facebook while eliminating the ads on the site.

Some ppl might use places the checkin feature so maybe you should include that..

I think the best thing to make it stand out---and I don't know if this is technically feasible--would be to integrate Facebook app with other apps. Ie have an ability to click on a photo or video in the browser or in Photos and "open in" facebook in order to post it or link to it. An important part of the usaility is to have seamless integration so that social networking is not a chore but allows you to share as soon as something pops into your mind--regardless of what app you are in or what you are doing at the time. Have the ability to--with a couple clicks in any app..post or link to something you are doing or watching and then go back to what you were doing without having to navigate the Facebook app for very long.

I think that should put you ahead of the curve. Hope that helps (and gets me a promo code! :-))

archdelux
Apr 13, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hello guys,

You can participate:

Let's begin.

Oh forgot names:

BookFace
Faced
Faceme
Facebook pro
Facebook+
koobecaf (Facebook backwards)--hinting at the notion that you are flipping Facebook on it's head!
Face

mrl72
Apr 13, 2011, 11:42 AM
Just a note in terms of names and because we went through the same issues is that Apple are cracking down on Facebook app names with the words Facebook, FB, Face, Book etc. which are trademarked names.

mojohojo
Apr 13, 2011, 12:21 PM
Social
The Social
Friend
Buddy
Connections

nburwell
Apr 13, 2011, 12:28 PM
I don't have any feature suggestions, but I do have a name suggestion:

FacePad

SaMaster14
Apr 13, 2011, 12:51 PM
I have Facely HD right now, and what I really miss are push pop-up notifications (like you get on the official iphone/ipod touch Facebook app)

porcupine8
Apr 13, 2011, 01:16 PM
I love viewing FB on FlipBoard, but one thing that really annoys me about it is that all of the actual humans posting get drowned out by the various fan pages I'm following - the fan pages are more likely to post links and photos, so FlipBoard seems to give those precedence. I have to get past a couple pages of Etsy and tv shows before I get to any actual people. I can view individual lists/filters, which helps, but I think I need to make a filter with all the humans on it.

So I say, layout in the vein of FlipBoard, but smart enough to know whether something is a real page or a fan page and not give the fan pages prominence just because they post prettier things - I care more about the people. Also, filtering out all game requests, which FlipBoard seems to do but Friendly doesn't, is good, since I can't use them on the iPad anyhow - unless you've worked out a way to make the flash games seamlessly playable, in which case I will pay LOTS OF MONEY for your app. :)

Readdlemate
Apr 13, 2011, 01:36 PM
Just a note in terms of names and because we went through the same issues is that Apple are cracking down on Facebook app names with the words Facebook, FB, Face, Book etc. which are trademarked names.

Thanks, we are aware of that. What is your app name btw?

outphase
Apr 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
I would like the ability to see "likes" of comments especially because those appear in fb notifications but are not accessible in the iPhone app. When viewing an album, a Photos.app like management of the album would be a nice touch. Pinch to close an album etc.

Portrait mode can be simply a feed, but landscape mode should be a more robust UI able to show more information on the screen at once.

Readdlemate
Apr 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
I love viewing FB on FlipBoard, but one thing that really annoys me about it is that all of the actual humans posting get drowned out by the various fan pages I'm following - the fan pages are more likely to post links and photos, so FlipBoard seems to give those precedence. I have to get past a couple pages of Etsy and tv shows before I get to any actual people. I can view individual lists/filters, which helps, but I think I need to make a filter with all the humans on it.

So I say, layout in the vein of FlipBoard, but smart enough to know whether something is a real page or a fan page and not give the fan pages prominence just because they post prettier things - I care more about the people. Also, filtering out all game requests, which FlipBoard seems to do but Friendly doesn't, is good, since I can't use them on the iPad anyhow - unless you've worked out a way to make the flash games seamlessly playable, in which case I will pay LOTS OF MONEY for your app. :)

Thanks for your response. Point taken.

Games will be the stage #2 :)

Mac'nCheese
Apr 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
All I want to do is to sign in on FB chat and go to any other app I want to and if someone sends me a message, it pops up and I can rejoin the chat.