Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eagle80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
okaaay...on a macmini...... I'm going to burn a CD/DVD....right click on the folder I want to burn....menu opens up.."Burn to disc" click on that....window pops up "insert news disc to burn" ..I insert the unburned disc...and in 15-20 seconds it spits it out at me not even recognizing it's been inserted.....any thoughts as to whats up...(preferably without being a wise ass..lol)

Thanx

Nov 28, 2010
located
What exact Mac mini do you use?
MR_identify_your_Mac_short.png

Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version, visualised in a more elaborate image
Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version using this 25 second video tutorial (3MB, .mp4, H.264)
Does it support CD or DVD burning?
What exact CD or DVD media do you use?

The wise-ass part:

Eagle80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011

I'm running snow leopard and yes..It Supports burning..I've done it in the past just not working for some reason..as far as the media use question....define please.....

Nov 28, 2010
located

Eagle80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011

Like here. http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=71&name=CD-DVD-Blu-ray-Media
Do you use TDK, Verbatim, ...; is the media a DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, CD-R, and so on?

And what does it say in System Profiler > Hardware >> Disc Burning?

Using Sony DVD-R.....and yes...disc burning is available...as I said...I've burned discs in the past.....now it just won't read the disc even being inserted on the prompt...is it a software glitch or a sending out for repair is what I'm wondering
Thanx...

Eagle80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
I'm running snow leopard and yes..It Supports burning..I've done it in the past just not working for some reason..as far as the media use question....define please.....

ok...so I went back to basics..thought about it...threw my DVD lens cleaner for my DVD player into the macmini....cleaned the lens..all is well...Returned to DEFCON 1
Thank you for your reply.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.