Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Drop resistance is important for me. A drop will happen eventually onto a hard surface, I want to make sure it does not affect my phone at all.

It would need to be sleek though and not too thick.

How is the otterbox commuter?

TEHi

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Drop resistance is important for me. A drop will happen eventually onto a hard surface, I want to make sure it does not affect my phone at all.

The commuter is not what most people would call "sleek"

I have the Switcheasy TRIM and it has protected the phone from many 5ft drops.. yet maintaining a clean look

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008

This is IMO but I think the best combo of thinness and drop protection would be the Speck Pixelskin HD. I would've recommended an Incase Slider but the entire case is thin but it is hard plastic which would either break your iPhones glass or just completely knick up the case.

Since the Pixelskin HD is TPU, it remains thin and it's a nice material for drops and it would absorb the shock MUCH better. And the drop won't show up on the case since it's so solid. So you won't have to ever replace it with a new one.

If I had to throw ALL my cases away and only pick one--just for aesthetics, protection ane thinness--I'd keep the Pixelskin HD.

Hope this helps!! ;)

josun

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
To be honest, my Incase snap case has survived numerous falls, one of which was 5 foot fall onto concrete. The case itself managed to get a small crack on a corner but the phone is still scratch free. No damages whatsoever. Also, unlike many snap style cases, the snap case has a lay-on-table design so it protects the screen as well.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Griffin reveal

Rubberized rim, for drop protection Polycarbonate clear back. I like it a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.