Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I was looking at iLounge and saw another smart cover compatible case by iLounge by Maclove. I've never heard of them before, but the case looks interesting. While checking out their site I noticed another case that looks pretty neat and may appeal to some people here (links below). I must warn that their site doesn't seem complete, I was trying to figure out if the cases were available now or for pre-order. I started an order to see if it would give me any info and it wouldn't even let me pick a color. I was going to send them an email, but the links at the bottom, specifically "contact us" don't seem to be working at least not for me in Chrome or Firefox.

Maclove Jumper (Smart Cover compatible) $39: http://www.macloveworld.com/En/products.php?104&cPath=68

Maclove Viscount (Leather folio case) $69: http://www.macloveworld.com/En/products.php?99&cPath=70

There are other cases on their website, but these are the only two I found interesting.

Mike4AU

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
These do look very nice. Thanks for the info. If you do find out more info, please let us know.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
These do look very nice. Thanks for the info. If you do find out more info, please let us know.

Shortly after I registered I got a generated email. In the email it stated if I have any questions I could contact the "owner". I sent him or them an email, but all my question were regarding the Jumper. I'll let you know what I find out.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I just checked out all the gallery pics and they do look very nice. I don't think they're actual photos though. Looks like they're computer generated mock-ups.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I just checked out all the gallery pics and they do look very nice. I don't think they're actual photos though. Looks like they're computer generated mock-ups.

Yeah, very probable, but that's to be expected since most companies seem to be doing that.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009

I received an email back stating the Jumper is in stock and ready to ship within 1 business day. I just placed my order for a Navy Jumper to match my Navy Smart Cover.

The site is a bit incomplete atm. When I asked the "owner" how I select a color to order, I was told to just email him. When I placed my order tonight I left my color selection in the order comments, and then sent him an e-mail after I completed the order.

I also noticed this case is up on amazon as well, for a little more and shipping. Still no color selection so it will require sending the request to the seller.

I'll keep you guys updated...

inksofmemories

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
The Jumper looks really nice. Any reviews from those who got it already?

Also, can someone give me the email of the owner? Every time I click into the contact link, it redirects me back to the home page.

Last edited:

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I ordered this case yesterday and it has been shipped. Should have it by Thursday. I hope it is as good as it looks.

Last edited:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I ordered this case yesterday and it has been shipped. Should have it by Thursday. I hope it is as good as it looks.

good luck...

My experience with this site/seller has been frustrating. I ordered a Jumper last week and it was like pulling teeth to get an update about the status of the order and the tracking #. I received my order today and they sent the wrong color. In addition, either the case I received was defective, or just garbage... The parts near the smart cover cut out are REALLY loose, not even close to being a good fit (pics attached).

I've sent an email to the "owner" and hopefully I get this taken care of.

Attachments

• jumper3.jpg
    jumper3.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 98
  • jumper4.jpg
    jumper4.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 110
  • jumper1.jpg
    jumper1.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Jumper2.jpg
    Jumper2.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 85

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
Well, I ordered the viscount, and it said I would receive order with 2-5 business days. I put in comments I wanted order canceled if not shipped within 5 days. I guess we'll see what it's like. It better stay closed with magnets.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
Anyone ordered the marquess? Looks a lot like the viscount, just different stand method. The viscount sits up like the smart cover and that has proven quie top heavy and unstable for me unless it's on a table, no good for lap or bed viewing.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Mine shipped yesterday. Anyone get theirs yet?

I the jumper at the end of last week. To make a long story short, they sent me the wrong color, the fit is bad (the side near the smart cover cut out is EXTREMELY loose), and when I asked about the fit the "owner" stated it was not a defect. I told him I wanted a refund and would gladly send it back, but was not going to pay shipping. He refunded me the full amount, and told me to keep the case.

Jimmy's response to the fit:
Jumper case is suit and design with smart cover .That's technical problem . Because if it's not tight there , the case cannot used with the Smart Cover together so well . We couldn't take the Alongside go away easily .

I hope those of you that ordered the other cases have a better experience and hopefully those cases are better quality than the jumper.

Attachments

• jumper3.jpg
    jumper3.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 90
  • jumper4.jpg
    jumper4.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 92
  • jumper1.jpg
    jumper1.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Jumper2.jpg
    Jumper2.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 91

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
I the jumper at the end of last week. To make a long story short, they sent me the wrong color, the fit is bad (the side near the smart cover cut out is EXTREMELY loose), and when I asked about the fit the "owner" stated it was not a defect. I told him I wanted a refund and would gladly send it back, but was not going to pay shipping. He refunded me the full amount, and told me to keep the case.

Jimmy's response to the fit:
Jumper case is suit and design with smart cover .That's technical problem . Because if it's not tight there , the case cannot used with the Smart Cover together so well . We couldn't take the Alongside go away easily .

I hope those of you that ordered the other cases have a better experience and hopefully those cases are better quality than the jumper.

I meant any others, as I saw your post. Glad to hear they refund full amount.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I got the Maclove Viscount case. Unfortunately it is not very good. Here's my review:

Pros:
1) The leather is indeed good quality - and it smells like leather.
2) The design is conceptually very good - I like the stand positions, and the rail system that holds the iPad is unobtrusive and strong grip. I felt the iPad was secure enough.
3) Wake-sleep magnets work fine.

Cons:
1) The cover won't stay shut with the magnets. If you turn the case upside down the cover falls open.
2) The case lacks precision design - they made it too thick which results in a gap between the cover and the screen (see below). This gap is probably the reason that the magnets can't hold the cover shut.
5671557426_ac30391c2b.jpg

3) Case is too thick. Almost twice as thick as the Toblino case. And because it is rigid it feels very thick. It reminds me of Dodo case in this regard.
4) Feels boxy because of the flat spine as opposed to a curved wraparound spine that other cases have.
5) May be difficult to return - the vendor so far responded to my return request with a statement that the case is great and everyone loves it. I sent him another email explaining the issues and requesting to return for refund.

Bottom line
A good idea badly executed. Not a usable case in my opinion given the thickness and the fact that it won't stay shut.

Other pics:
5671553362_cc40752d1d.jpg

5670985191_cccc938208.jpg

5670983799_8e1e6a2e47.jpg

5670901867_0722f0a68b.jpg

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I have decided to switch to the Maroo case instead of the Maclove. Still seeking in vein to get a refund on the maclove garbage.

Last edited:

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
I shipped my viscount back to china today. Was told they would refund once received. I used paypal resolution center to get response from them and I will continue with dispute through paypal if I do not receive refund. The case was horrible, thick, and did NOT stay closed with magnets.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I shipped my viscount back to china today. Was told they would refund once received. I used paypal resolution center to get response from them and I will continue with dispute through paypal if I do not receive refund. The case was horrible, thick, and did NOT stay closed with magnets.

Thanks for sharing. I also opened a dispute via paypal. I hope I get full refund too.

Please can you PM terms you agreed? I want the full 89.99 back. Did you get that? Did you have to pay return shipping?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.