Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acts123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
When I signed into gmail on my new iPad, only some of my Notes transferred that were originally on my iPhone (the notes transferred from iphone to ipad must have been done via gmail since they were not synced to my itunes) Does anyone know why? Also, if I used the same computer and iTunes account to activate 2 iPads, will both iPads end up with the same data.
Thanks!

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Its upto you for syncing two ipads on same computer, you could set one up to restore from the backup of the other so they will be identical or you can set them up individually.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Were the notes that didn't transfer from the same email account? If not, it may be an issue with that email account.

For the other question, yes, syncing two iPads to the same computer will result in essentially the same data unless you select certain things to not go on one or the other.

JessicaR

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
When I signed into gmail on my new iPad, only some of my Notes transferred that were originally on my iPhone (the notes transferred from iphone to ipad must have been done via gmail since they were not synced to my itunes) Does anyone know why? Also, if I used the same computer and iTunes account to activate 2 iPads, will both iPads end up with the same data.
Thanks!

My husband and I have iPads and we both have completely different stuff on our iPads even though we sync on the same computer. We definitely do not want the same stuff on our iPads. So you can sync different stuff if you wish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.