PDA

View Full Version : New-revision Yoobao cases are out! iPad 2 owners, rejoice!

Pages : [1] 2

WilliamG
Apr 14, 2011, 03:25 AM
Figured you guys might like to know!

Here are the listings on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHUEH6
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHTGS4
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHI9L4

Hopefully it solves the major issues with the first revision (smell, magnets etc!).

Will update when I get them in, and when the review is up!

MrMac'n'Cheese
Apr 14, 2011, 03:43 AM
with all that enthusiasm and links to purchase this case, if you didn't have over 2000 posts, I would of thought you were an Ad/spammer;p

Lol.

Thats a nice review site you run :)

WilliamG
Apr 14, 2011, 04:02 AM
with all that enthusiasm and links to purchase this case, if you didn't have over 2000 posts, I would of thought you were an Ad/spammer;p

Lol.

Thats a nice review site you run :)

Hah thanks. It's new but should grow quickly with any luck. I'm in contact with quite a few manufacturers, so I should be getting cases etc more quickly in the future. Should have a Speck FitFolio review up in the next day or so, and also the new Targus case. Definitely a lot of cases to review!

T4R06
Apr 14, 2011, 07:13 AM
You guys never learned... When the 1st gen iPad comes how many yoobao revision they did? This is a rip-off company.. Now they are doing a revision again lol

gigaguy
Apr 14, 2011, 09:21 AM
To make improved versions seems like a positive to me. The first Yoobao ipad2 case was one of the best designs imo. it does have flaws.

bobbyrab
Apr 14, 2011, 09:31 AM
Has anybody gotten their refund from AYL for returning their original, smelly Yoobao yet?

BlondeLocks
Apr 14, 2011, 09:35 AM
Has anybody gotten their refund from AYL for returning their original, smelly Yoobao yet?

Yes, I got my refund on Tuesday.

dhcl604
Apr 14, 2011, 10:32 AM

I received an email from Amazon saying they have processed my refund and it could take up to 10 Days to show on my Credit Card.

WilliamG
Apr 14, 2011, 10:58 AM
My first-gen is on its way back to AYL as well. I should get the second gen before release date, so I'll be sure to review all 3 colors. :) Please be fixed, Yoobao!

nealh
Apr 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
My first-gen is on its way back to AYL as well. I should get the second gen before release date, so I'll be sure to review all 3 colors. :) Please be fixed, Yoobao!

price is higher as well. pass

Netcruzer
Apr 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
My 1st gen arrived today.

I LOVE the looks and the fit and finish.

Yes it stinks, not as powerful of smell as I expected from reading reviews, but I do feel like I've been huffing on a big permanent marker after being around it for an hour. LOL.

The magnet is slightly too powerful, but it won't activate sleep on the rear unless I pull it to the right as far as it will go. Not really a major issue in my opinion (although time will tell on that), I'm sure some are worse than others. I'd consider mine acceptable.

Anyways, if the 2nd gen really does fix the toxic smell and the magnet, I'd say it's a buy if you are in the market for a leather folio.

I'm going to keep my first gen, it's currently airing out with a fan in the basement. Overall I'm happy with the fit and the feel of the product.

The other complaint I read about was that the front cover didn't extend over far enough when closed, mine does not have this issue, it fully closes and activates sleep every time. I'm very happy with it beyond that it's toxic fumes made me feel all loopy, which will pass with time.

funkycheese
Apr 14, 2011, 02:42 PM
Went up extra 5 bucks for the so called revisions........

WilliamG
Apr 14, 2011, 02:44 PM
I noticed that, too. In the grand scheme of things, if Yoobao actually bothered to address the issues with the first revision, $5 is only $5. But if there are any issues, you'll hear about it.

What I'm hoping to see fixed:

1.) No more smell!
2.) Consistent sleep/wake magnets
3.) No turning off the iPad 2 when wrapping the front cover around the back
4.) Better alignment of the front cover when closed (cause of problem number 2.)

nealh
Apr 14, 2011, 03:25 PM
I noticed that, too. In the grand scheme of things, if Yoobao actually bothered to address the issues with the first revision, $5 is only $5. But if there are any issues, you'll hear about it.

What I'm hoping to see fixed:

1.) No more smell!
2.) Consistent sleep/wake magnets
3.) No turning off the iPad 2 when wrapping the front cover around the back
4.) Better alignment of the front cover when closed (cause of problem number 2.)

I agree but is Yoobao sending out new one to the first revision buyres with issues??? I see an increase in cost a result of all the returns from the QC issue.

WilliamG
Apr 14, 2011, 05:00 PM
I agree but is Yoobao sending out new one to the first revision buyres with issues??? I see an increase in cost a result of all the returns from the QC issue.

Very good question. I think they should if people have a legitimate issue, but hey, - that's just me.

psychonaut
Apr 15, 2011, 11:54 AM
I want this case too, please someone write a review on the v2 cases, I already ordered mine, I thing it looks good and protects all my iPad exterior, nice for work too

I have all 3 colors coming in next week and plan to do a review for you all.

flatline82
Apr 15, 2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I got all 3 coming in next week as well. I truly hope they addressed the changes with a quality product this time around. If so, I can see this rebounding fairly quickly for the better...only time and hopefully a better smell will tell :D

MMakoto
Apr 15, 2011, 04:34 PM
I have all 3 colors coming in next week and plan to do a review for you all.

Yeah, I got all 3 coming in next week as well. I truly hope they addressed the changes with a quality product this time around. If so, I can see this rebounding fairly quickly for the better...only time and hopefully a better smell will tell :D

you guys have it on the way to your doors already? direct from the manufacturer? what are you guys, vendors or hardcore case reviewers?

MMakoto
Apr 15, 2011, 04:41 PM
it seems like the price went back down to the original $39.50 with free shipping.

the below is the description grabbed off the link from above:

AYL 3-in-1 Premium Leather Case Solution for iPad 2: Props-up horizontally and vertically to act as a digital photo album, view movies, or type on the iPad 2
Newest Version allows front cover to be folded all the way to the back cover in reading position without activating sleep mode. Built-in magnets automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad.
Securely hold iPad 2 in place with Unique Inner flap without obstructing screen viewing. Book style leather case, Elegant design match with neat light white stitch
Completely interior and exterior with soft real leather and scratch protection
100% Long Lasting Premium Genuine Leather, First layer of natural cowhide leather (High Quality); For Brown search ASIN: B004WHTGS4 for Red search ASIN: B004WHUEH6

i thought the inside is made out of some micro fiber material from their first one, no? or maybe i didn't quite get the meaning of the above statement?!

flatline82
Apr 16, 2011, 02:28 PM
Yay I got mine in today! I didn't realize I'm literally 10 or so miles from there shipping facility so I literally got it next day.

Anyway, I wanted to drop in and give some quick initial impressions as I've now had a chance to check out all 3 colors and try it out on my iPad 2 for a bit.

1. Smell: The first thing you'll notice is the smell is absolutely 100% gone. There isnt a "chemical" smell anymore. It smells like a typical leather case now, which is probably one of my most favorite smells :p. So yay! No more smell. Also, there isn't a "chemical" that comes off on your hands anymore either...as some reported. Feels MUCH better!

2. Quality: I have a feeling the type of leather was changed in order to produce the better smelling revision we have now. It feels softer and of higher quality than the previous model. Maybe its just me, but the stitching looks tighter, hole cut-outs look better...and overall feels like a better product.

3. Sleep/Wake Feature: While this feature was available in the first version of this case, it had some issues. When you folded the cover around on back of the iPad 2, it would activate this function essentially making it useless. That problem as well, has been fixed. I havent been able to set it off by accident or on purpose yet.

So overall, I feel like Yoobao did quite a good job with heading back and doing a quick revision on this case. It's pretty amazing how quickly they were able to address this issue and how noticeable the changes are with this new revision. So far, I'm extremely happy with the adjustments made on this.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer... I could take pics if you want? But more or less, it looks the same...its the feel of it that was changed more so.

Re-review coming in due time.

ForumViewer
Apr 16, 2011, 03:01 PM
Why is the bezel so off centered in the first picture on amazon?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41L5XflxdfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I like the overall design of this case because it closely resembles the original ipad case, but beyond that, it looks cheap as heck. Will wait for another solution.

jedolley
Apr 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
Yay I got mine in today! I didn't realize I'm literally 10 or so miles from there shipping facility so I literally got it next day.

Anyway, I wanted to drop in and give some quick initial impressions as I've now had a chance to check out all 3 colors and try it out on my iPad 2 for a bit.

1. Smell: The first thing you'll notice is the smell is absolutely 100% gone. There isnt a "chemical" smell anymore. It smells like a typical leather case now, which is probably one of my most favorite smells :p. So yay! No more smell. Also, there isn't a "chemical" that comes off on your hands anymore either...as some reported. Feels MUCH better!

2. Quality: I have a feeling the type of leather was changed in order to produce the better smelling revision we have now. It feels softer and of higher quality than the previous model. Maybe its just me, but the stitching looks tighter, hole cut-outs look better...and overall feels like a better product.

3. Sleep/Wake Feature: While this feature was available in the first version of this case, it had some issues. When you folded the cover around on back of the iPad 2, it would activate this function essentially making it useless. That problem as well, has been fixed. I havent been able to set it off by accident or on purpose yet.

So overall, I feel like Yoobao did quite a good job with heading back and doing a quick revision on this case. It's pretty amazing how quickly they were able to address this issue and how noticeable the changes are with this new revision. So far, I'm extremely happy with the adjustments made on this.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer... I could take pics if you want? But more or less, it looks the same...its the feel of it that was changed more so.

Even though this is not the case I am looking for, it's nice to see a manufacturer listen to it's customers and correct the issues people were reporting.

laurenr
Apr 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
......If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer... I could take pics if you want? But more or less, it looks the same...its the feel of it that was changed more so.

I have gen 1 of this case in red. I was one of the lucky ones, having no smell or residue issue. I would still be interested to see pictures up close, showing the texture of the leather, the cutouts and the bezel.

Overall, i have found the design and functionality of this case to be really great. I just love the super-slim design and the look of the red leather against my white ipad.:)

dhcl604
Apr 16, 2011, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the review. Did you buy it from Amazon? I have one on order and was wondering if they started to ship them out.

WilliamG
Apr 16, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the review. Did you buy it from Amazon? I have one on order and was wondering if they started to ship them out.

Review copies are going out to sites. Should be available to public in the next week or so. I should have the black, brown and red on Monday/Tuesday, and I'll have a full review up shortly thereafter. Also goin to have a FitFolio, Targus case, and Pixelskin HD Wrap review up this weekend, for those interested.

So many accessories, not enough time. :D

flatline82
Apr 16, 2011, 04:48 PM
Indeed, review samples. They however are indeed from Amazon :cool:

Perhaps I'll take some pics here shortly...

sotie
Apr 16, 2011, 05:29 PM
Good news about Gen 2 cases. Since they made the changes so quickly it's just a shame that they couldn't just do it right the first time. This company has a history with their ipad cases of releasing a case based on a good idea but not really thinking it through 100%, then making modifications based on customer feedback. It seems like they don't try to see their product "through the eyes of a customer/user".

flatline82
Apr 16, 2011, 05:37 PM
Here are a couple pics...sry they aren't all setup in a lightbox and so forth, but...It's Sat and I'm being lazy today.. :D

Pic 1 (http://i56.tinypic.com/2cgn11v.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://i53.tinypic.com/t7o046.jpg)
Pic 3 (http://i56.tinypic.com/2mcvewp.jpg)
Pic 4 (http://i53.tinypic.com/33kbs60.jpg)

Like I said, not a big visual change...but yeah. Also, the red/brown cases use a slightly different leather I noticed. It feels a tad lighter than the black one, but the quality is the same. And no different smell despite that.

Enjoy..

a1sy
Apr 16, 2011, 05:41 PM
Is it similar case?
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protective-pu-leather-case-for-apple-ipad-2-black-56950

nealh
Apr 16, 2011, 05:48 PM
Good news about Gen 2 cases. Since they made the changes so quickly it's just a shame that they couldn't just do it right the first time. This company has a history with their ipad cases of releasing a case based on a good idea but not really thinking it through 100%, then making modifications based on customer feedback. It seems like they don't try to see their product "through the eyes of a customer/user".

I hope Mose return the first version for a new one. Sad all the issues first one had

OliverOSX93
Apr 16, 2011, 05:51 PM
but how do they taste when I consume them? :p

GraveViolator
Apr 17, 2011, 12:19 AM
Does the second version have something indicating that it is the new generation on its box? Like "v.2" or "improved" or something like that?

ckh321
Apr 17, 2011, 05:29 AM
Does anybody know if they are also planning to make a white iPad case? Red and brown are alright with a white iPad, but I would say that a white one would even be better

a1sy
Apr 17, 2011, 01:29 PM
I am interested in this case.Probably will order it tonight.
just saw somebody put review in Amazon for this case.
Since this Newest case isnot available yet, I suspect he type review for the wrong case ( ver1 ?):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHI9L4

laurenr
Apr 17, 2011, 02:27 PM
I agree, white case would look good with the white iPad 2. Hey shows us some pics of the new revision, with the iPad 2 in use.

Hard Candy makes a really sweet one:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-12507765640553_2152_17236340

3goldens
Apr 17, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hard Candy makes a really sweet one:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-12507765640553_2152_17236340

too bad the logo is so prominent.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
A good alternative to yoobao is Maroo iPad 2 cases

westwood
Apr 17, 2011, 05:30 PM

No, its nothing like the yoobao. A good alternative would be the Boxwave Nero (except thats its nearly double the price):
http://www.boxwave.com/products/smartcase/apple-ipad-2-smart-case-nero-leather_4284.htm

kschles
Apr 17, 2011, 06:10 PM

I've seen you post on multiple threads pimping the Maroo. You really should stop it. It just makes you and your company look ridiculous. You already started a thread about the case....let it go. Don't spam up every other thread.

JustCrusin
Apr 17, 2011, 08:29 PM
Here are a couple pics...sry they aren't all setup in a lightbox and so forth, but...It's Sat and I'm being lazy today.. :D

Pic 1 (http://i56.tinypic.com/2cgn11v.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://i53.tinypic.com/t7o046.jpg)
Pic 3 (http://i56.tinypic.com/2mcvewp.jpg)
Pic 4 (http://i53.tinypic.com/33kbs60.jpg)

Like I said, not a big visual change...but yeah. Also, the red/brown cases use a slightly different leather I noticed. It feels a tad lighter than the black one, but the quality is the same. And no different smell despite that.

Enjoy..

Does the case cover front stay closed now with the magnets?

kazaam93
Apr 18, 2011, 12:53 AM
I've seen you post on multiple threads pimping the Maroo. You really should stop it. It just makes you and your company look ridiculous. You already started a thread about the case....let it go. Don't spam up every other thread.

What makes you think it's my company? (rhetorical question)
Lol, I'm 17, in the UK, at school :/
But you know what, I wouldn't mind if it was my company, and it's a really good but unknown alternative for many people.

So apologies for being spammy and perhaps irritating :(

I'll pack up and leave the yoobao thread

WilliamG
Apr 18, 2011, 02:11 PM
Revision 2 cases are now in hand!

You guys will be pleased to know that I had no trouble activating the magnets in closed form, and the case doesn't turn your iPad 2 off when wrapped around the back.

And the smell? 99% gone. Still that "normal" smell these cases tend to have, but nowhere near the absolutely reeking the first-gen Yoobaos have.

Review will be up in the next couple of days, but I can tell you in advance that from first impressions this is likely the best case on the market.

westwood
Apr 18, 2011, 02:59 PM
Just got an email from amazon that my 2nd gen case shipped!

Just curious though, how come the Amazon.com title for the case is "AYL case"? Why doesn't it say Yoobao case? Same with the 'Technical Description' section. Only the pictures and 'Product Description' say Yoobao.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHI9L4/ref=ox_ya_os_product

WilliamG
Apr 18, 2011, 03:00 PM

Just curious though, how come the Amazon.com title for the case is "AYL case"? Why doesn't it say Yoobao case? Same with the 'Technical Description' section. Only the pictures and 'Product Description' say Yoobao.

Who knows? It is indeed a Yoobao case, though.

Rgladman
Apr 18, 2011, 03:30 PM

Just curious if this was a new order for this case or a carryover from a first gen they never shipped?

I ordered the first gen but they notified they weren't going to ship until the 2nd gen came out.

psychonaut
Apr 18, 2011, 03:39 PM
I just got my revised YooBao cases today and no smell at all. I'll try to shoot a video and upload tonight but worst case I'll have it up on my channel by tomorrow. I can also confirm the sleep/wake problem is fixed.

orschinger
Apr 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'll try to shoot a video and upload tonight but worst case I'll have it up on my channel by tomorrow.

Really looking forward to that - i gotta say, your videos/reviews are really really great, I enjoy them a lot! keep it up :-)

btw: where did you get the revised yoobaos from?

all the best from germany,
alex

The X Factor
Apr 18, 2011, 03:52 PM
Just curious if this was a new order for this case or a carryover from a first gen they never shipped?

I ordered the first gen but they notified they weren't going to ship until the 2nd gen came out.

I never ordered the 1st gen case, but after seeing this thread last night, went ahead and bought the 2nd gen case. I used the link posted that brought me to the amazon site with the description indicating "NEWEST REVISION." Ordered last night - AYL's amazon store said "in stock April 22nd" - but I too just got a shipping confirmation. Can't wait to get this, need it to hold me over until my Portenzo arrives...I may snap a few photos and post too.

Rgladman
Apr 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
I never ordered the 1st gen case, but after seeing this thread last night, went ahead and bought the 2nd gen case. I used the link posted that brought me to the amazon site with the description indicating "NEWEST REVISION." Ordered last night - AYL's amazon store said "in stock April 22nd" - but I too just got a shipping confirmation. Can't wait to get this, need it to hold me over until my Portenzo arrives...I may snap a few photos and post too.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I need to contact them since they were supposed to ship mine as soon as they had them in.

3goldens
Apr 18, 2011, 05:51 PM
I sent an email to the seller on Amazon and got a credit instantly. I did not even have to return the cover! go figure!

westwood
Apr 18, 2011, 06:08 PM
This is a new order for the 2nd gen. I ordered shortly after this thread started.

MMakoto
Apr 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
i just received a shipping confirmation from AYL as well, hopefully i'll get it by thursday since i'm in the east coast.

to the ones that already has it, does the case stay closed in the sleep position?

JustCrusin
Apr 18, 2011, 07:34 PM
i just received a shipping confirmation from AYL as well, hopefully i'll get it by thursday since i'm in the east coast.

to the ones that already has it, does the case stay closed in the sleep position?

+1 interested if it stays closed in the sleeping position.

Hitomic
Apr 18, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'm located in Canada and unfortunately Amazon.com doesn't ship here. Is there another reputable online dealer where I can purchase the new Yoobao cases?

WilliamG
Apr 18, 2011, 09:42 PM
It doesn't, no. But then I wouldn't have expected it to. But the tolerance for keeping the screen closed is much improved over the original Yoobao iPad 2 case, so even if you lift the cover a little, the screen stays off. You have to really mean to open the cover for the screen to come on.

ckh321
Apr 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
WilliamG: which color would you recommend for a white iPad?

WilliamG
Apr 19, 2011, 12:27 PM
WilliamG: which color would you recommend for a white iPad?

Brown. It's very pretty. The review should be up in the next 24 hours of all three colors, but sadly I only have a black iPad 2 in hand at this time. The brown/white combo looks great, though, and that's what I'd go for. The brown cover with a black iPad 2 is a little funny to me, but red could be fun, too, though a little louder!

davidjacobs21
Apr 19, 2011, 01:36 PM
Brown. It's very pretty. The review should be up in the next 24 hours of all three colors, but sadly I only have a black iPad 2 in hand at this time. The brown/white combo looks great, though, and that's what I'd go for. The brown cover with a black iPad 2 is a little funny to me, but red could be fun, too, though a little louder!

Glad to hear that. My brown one is on its way to me. Should look great on my white ipad

slaphotk
Apr 19, 2011, 01:48 PM
Just received this from Amazon:

Acase (TM) 100% Genuine Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation WiFi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB NEWEST MODEL (BLACK)

Perfect fit. No smell. No magnet issues...Starting to get low on stock..

Hellokittyutah
Apr 19, 2011, 02:03 PM
I ordered this case last thursday. Should I have gotten a shipping notice already? I know that it says they will be available the 22nd but I hear other people already getting it.

WilliamG
Apr 19, 2011, 02:04 PM
I ordered this case last thursday. Should I have gotten a shipping notice already? I know that it says they will be available the 22nd but I hear other people already getting it.

Mostly review copies went out.

Hellokittyutah
Apr 19, 2011, 02:17 PM
But some people say that they are getting shipping notices?

WilliamG
Apr 19, 2011, 02:18 PM
But some people say that they are getting shipping notices?

Maybe they're shipping early, then? Maybe someone ordered before you? Who knows? :D

bobbyrab
Apr 19, 2011, 02:25 PM
Specifically which case on Amazon is the "new and improved, non-smelly" Yoobao case that replaces the infamous original one offered by AYL for the iPad2? Thanks!

WilliamG
Apr 19, 2011, 02:26 PM
Specifically which case on Amazon is the "new and improved, non-smelly" Yoobao case that replaces the infamous original one offered by AYL for the iPad2? Thanks!

See first post of this thread.

davidjacobs21
Apr 19, 2011, 02:30 PM
I ordered a brown one from the first link in the post and when i ordered it said would be in stock on april 22. I got a shipment email last night, so i guess they got them in early

davidjacobs21
Apr 19, 2011, 02:33 PM
I ordered a brown one from the first link in the post and when i ordered it said would be in stock on april 22. I got a shipment email last night, so i guess they got them in early

I ordered this past saturday

bobbyrab
Apr 19, 2011, 02:44 PM
See first post of this thread.

Ah, yes! Don't ever get old William G; if I were in my 30's I never would have had to ask. All the best....

Ysabel
Apr 19, 2011, 03:11 PM
Anyone seen it on sale in the UK? :)

Kontext
Apr 19, 2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone seen it on sale in the UK? :)

Yeah, I'd be great if there was any reseller that ships this new versions (although I'm highly concerned that there will be no certainty of whether you purchase a Mk 1 or 2) within europe - preferably not some random eBay-seller from China. :) I would really like to be sure that I can return the case if I don't like it.

I'm actually quite happy with my Belkin Trifold at the moment but I only bought this because the original version of the Yoobao stank to much for my taste in the first place. :-/

govtcheez
Apr 19, 2011, 04:42 PM
Does anyone that have this case also carry a Timbuk2 Freestyle bag, or one of the Timbuk2 iPad sleeves? Will it fit with this Yoobao case on?

I currently have the silicone iLuv case on it and it's snug in the sleeve of my Freestyle bag.

*edit* I like how I'm still considered a "newbie" even thought my join date was 2003. LOL.

flatline82
Apr 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Been using this revision case since Saturday and it's been working absolutely flawlessly. I'm quite happy with the *fixed* version we now have.

SmittS
Apr 19, 2011, 07:20 PM
Anyone ordered from this seller?

http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Genuine-Leather-generation/dp/B004TPG3ZS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303257805&sr=8-3

Prime eligible for brown and red. Unfortunately black is not prime eligible.

kschles
Apr 19, 2011, 07:43 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Genuine-Leather-generation/dp/B004TPG3ZS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303257805&sr=8-3

That looks like it might be one of the 1st generation cases with all the problems. Be careful you get the newer one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHUEH6

SmittS
Apr 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
WilWired Posted a review on the revised cases, just fyi...looking good!

Link: http://bit.ly/dNcIQh

WilliamG
Apr 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
My review should be up tomorrow, but for those on the fence, the new revision is excellent. Here's a little sneak picture from tomorrow's review. :)

dhcl604
Apr 19, 2011, 09:15 PM
WilWired Posted a review on the revised cases, just fyi...looking good!

Link: http://bit.ly/dNcIQh
Thanks. It does look good. I should be getting version 2 any day after returning the first one to AYL of Amazon.

JustCrusin
Apr 19, 2011, 09:21 PM
My review should be up tomorrow, but for those on the fence, the new revision is excellent. Here's a little sneak picture from tomorrow's review. :)

How much does the new case weigh? I bought the Speck HD and it weighs way too much.

dhcl604
Apr 19, 2011, 09:38 PM

As I mentioned I order mine from AYL of Amazon. The customer service is excellent. Returned the case and received refund with no problems at all. Their contact person has great communication.

a1sy
Apr 19, 2011, 10:24 PM
I watched review- here is just one question: why top cover is not covering whole surface? I think it would look better if it would be aligned with bottom portion? Is it shorter because of the magnets problem?

bobbyrab
Apr 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
I watched review- here is just one question: why top cover is not covering whole surface? I think it would look better if it would be aligned with bottom portion? Is it shorter because of the magnets problem?

I am wondering the same thing. The first version was like this and I didn't much like that the covers didn't line up.

gigaguy
Apr 19, 2011, 11:23 PM
IMO the reviewer did not install the ipad quite right, you need to really push the ipad in all the way but especially pull and tuck the little flap really tight. he did not. if you look at some of the controls cutouts, they are not lined up right because the case is not pulled as tight as it could be. my orig case had a smaller gap at the flap edge that got better. I agree the flap gap here is unacceptable, but if you push and tuck tighter the front flap will extend further to the magnet edge. at least this is how the 1st version fit.
you can see in this video the hinge area at top and bottom is a little bunched up and not tightly tucked. I can not really see the sleep function working but if the ipad was fitted better, everything would match up and fit as designed. imho/
it's a wrap-around fit, you have to push it in and tuck it Tight!
its a great case with improvements. and if the orig seller will have my business I'll buy this one too. the first version's sleep function malfunctioning is definitely a drawback. It clicks a lot inadvertently when closed and fully opened.

a1sy
Apr 20, 2011, 12:00 AM
IMO the reviewer did not install the ipad quite right, you need to really push the ipad in all the way but especially pull and tuck the little flap really tight. he did not. if you look at some of the controls cutouts, they are not lined up right because the case is not pulled as tight as it could be. my orig case had a smaller gap at the flap edge that got better. I agree the flap gap here is unacceptable, but if you push and tuck tighter the front flap will extend further to the magnet edge. at least this is how the 1st version fit.
you can see in this video the hinge area at top and bottom is a little bunched up and not tightly tucked. I can not really see the sleep function working but if the ipad was fitted better, everything would match up and fit as designed. imho/
it's a wrap-around fit, you have to push it in and tuck it Tight!
its a great case with improvements. and if the orig seller will have my business I'll buy this one too. the first version's sleep function malfunctioning is definitely a drawback. It clicks a lot inadvertently when closed and fully opened.

He mentioned that you have to push it, and he did, but top cover short quite a bit , strange. O ordered mine few days ago,but will see how it fit.

flatline82
Apr 20, 2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah... I messed with that part after I finished filming the review. It pushed in a little bit farther to align all the cut-outs perfectly, but not much. Just FYI.

I'll toss in an annotation in regards to that asap.

psychonaut
Apr 20, 2011, 12:25 AM
Got these cases in yesterday and put them through the paces and while I still think they are the best choice for a slim folio and while Yoobao has made substantial improvements there is one issue (possibly minor depending on how you intend to use the case) that I uncovered with the sleep/wake feature.

My video take on it is uploaded to my channel and processing now so it should be available within minutes.

MMakoto
Apr 20, 2011, 01:23 AM
Got these cases in yesterday and put them through the paces and while I still think they are the best choice for a slim folio and while Yoobao has made substantial improvements there is one issue (possibly minor depending on how you intend to use the case) that I uncovered with the sleep/wake feature.

My video take on it is uploaded to my channel and processing now so it should be available within minutes.

Oh wow, that magnet is so noticeable on the brown case, and that's the color I ordered too. I don't recall seeing this on the original one I got. Btw, thanks for the great review and the point out of this new flaw, minor one I'd say.

gigaguy
Apr 20, 2011, 01:35 AM
Wanted to make sure and thank flatline and other early adopters for their work. I appreciate it. Onward pioneers to the next ipad accs discovery!

Ysabel
Apr 20, 2011, 02:52 AM
Looks like I will wait for version 3 if that front cover is not lining up properly/magnet not holding the cover in place.

Maybe its the first batch being rush out to reviewers!!! ;)

WilliamG
Apr 20, 2011, 03:20 AM
How much does the new case weigh? I bought the Speck HD and it weighs way too much.

Haven't weighed it exactly, but a lot less than the PixelSkin HD Wrap, for sure. That case is mega heavy.

johnc22
Apr 20, 2011, 07:11 AM
When reviewing please check and see if, when the iPad is propped up in portrait, vertical mode, if the iPad still has a tendency to slide down slightly. This was the cause of most of the problems for me. It caused various cutouts to become misaligned as well as the cover wouldn't fold over properly which made the sleep mode not work quite right, and also allowed the cover to fold back too far resulting in erroneous sleep mode activation.

SmittS
Apr 20, 2011, 07:55 AM

Meh. I had the smart cover and it did the exact same thing. It's unavoidable unless there is some kind of strap that holds the cover in place.

kimnicho
Apr 20, 2011, 08:20 AM
I don't know why I'm still following this thread as I vowed not to ever buy another Yoobao product. If that's real leather then I'm Jennifer Lopez. I guess Im curious if they really fixed the issues. I think youbare right about the strap. My Radtech Skinny has one. I don't love the look/hassle of it but it serves an important purpose.

Meh. I had the smart cover and it did the exact same thing. It's unavoidable unless there is some kind of strap that holds the cover in place.

bobbyrab
Apr 20, 2011, 08:23 AM

If the spine of the binder is anything like the first version, I think that is the cause of the problem. As I recall the spine "gave" a bit and was not rigid or with a well-defined crease, and this caused, IMO, the front cover of the case to wiggle around a bit. I was intrigued by the new and improved version but it looks like I will pass as I believe this is a design flaw. They need to firm up the spine to cause less wiggling and then the sleep issue will er, finally be put to bed.

Netcruzer
Apr 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
I'm a bit disappointed with your video review William. You didn't install/seat the iPad fully, or properly test for magnet activation on the rear. My 1st gen iPad 2 case will ONLY inadvertently lock if I pull the cover all the way to the right rear. If I did what you did, it would look perfect too.

IMO, do another quick vid.. show how it the front cover fits when the ipad is installed properly, and do a better rear magnet test.. really pull and tug and show that you CANNOT activate sleep.

The smell is something that cannot be proved on video, so we'll have to take your word on that. My 1st gen still stinks quite bad a week after opening the package, and letting a fan blow on it overnight a few times.

I must say, that even with the problems I'm really enjoying my Yoobao case, mostly I wish it smelled like leather instead of paint/permanent marker, which the new version has supposedly fixed.

Thanks.

3goldens
Apr 20, 2011, 09:15 AM

YEA!!!

THis review obviously overlooks this glaring fault by not mentioning the flap not coming even close to being flush with the back case, what's up with that?

FAIL!

jweaver
Apr 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
YEA!!!

THis review obviously overlooks this glaring fault by not mentioning the flap not coming even close to being flush with the back case, what's up with that?

FAIL!

Didn't the reviewer say in a post above that this was a mistake on his part.. He hadn't pushed the Ipad all the way in.. Once he did this, everything lined up better and the front flap closed properly..

Jon

xStatiCa
Apr 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
They are supposedly shipping me the new version this week sometime. I am glad they fixed the magnet and smell issue. I am very excited to get it. The company rocks because they let me keep the old case so that my ipad2 is protected while waiting for the new revision. They definitely get major KUDOS from me for their support.

The only thing I wish they would have done (and I would buy a second one to get it) is extend the flap another inch or so that gets tucked in further to hold the ipad in better. Based on the revision one flap being the same length I suspect the ipad will drop down a little during use when the cover is flipped back and the fold is at the bottom. The flap is too short IMHO. Look at the official ipad 1 and the new acase design and you can see that their flap is much longer (2 to 3 times longer).

That will not stop me from using it because it is beautiful and the magnet feature fix was the biggest issue. it is just a shame that they didn't extend the flap further to help keep the ipad from dropping when held vertically and the cover bent flat against the back and the fold at the bottom. I will probably extend it myself with some cloth and tape or something just to make sure it stays stationary. I haven't got it yet so maybe somehow it does hold the iPad in good enough though now that the magnet issue is fixed.

SmittS
Apr 20, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'm a bit disappointed with your video review William. You didn't install/seat the iPad fully, or properly test for magnet activation on the rear. My 1st gen iPad 2 case will ONLY inadvertently lock if I pull the cover all the way to the right rear. If I did what you did, it would look perfect too.

IMO, do another quick vid.. show how it the front cover fits when the ipad is installed properly, and do a better rear magnet test.. really pull and tug and show that you CANNOT activate sleep.

The smell is something that cannot be proved on video, so we'll have to take your word on that. My 1st gen still stinks quite bad a week after opening the package, and letting a fan blow on it overnight a few times.

I must say, that even with the problems I'm really enjoying my Yoobao case, mostly I wish it smelled like leather instead of paint/permanent marker, which the new version has supposedly fixed.

Thanks.

Jesus, now we have reviews of reviews.

WilliamG
Apr 20, 2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks.

If you're talking to me, you have the wrong person. I haven't reviewed it yet. Review will be up later today. :)

Mistaken identity = not fun. :)

WilliamG
Apr 20, 2011, 11:57 AM
Jesus, now we have reviews of reviews.

Haha I was thinking the same!

gigaguy
Apr 20, 2011, 12:51 PM
This case, all versions, generates a lot of interest cause it is leather, Inexpensive, minimal, and follows the good design of the original Apple ipad1 case, which was mostly criticized because of scuff and dirt attraction. This Yoobao improves on that. And the color choices are good but limited. but with the apple1 you just got scratchy black.

Only design improvement might be non-coverage of the bezel front which is a different approach anyway. Many of those have chunky plastic corners and tabs to hold it in. And I don't get why people want those bulky and book like cases that turn the thin engineering marvel of the iPad into a clunky laptop clone.
IMHO...

govtcheez
Apr 20, 2011, 02:38 PM
Does anyone that have this case also carry a Timbuk2 Freestyle bag, or one of the Timbuk2 iPad sleeves? Will it fit with this Yoobao case on?

I currently have the silicone iLuv case on it and it's snug in the sleeve of my Freestyle bag.

Can anyone answer this question? :o

jedolley
Apr 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
Can anyone answer this question? :o

I remember seeing someone put the iPad 1 in the original Apple case in a Timbuk2. I can only assume that the iPad 1 + Apple Case is bigger/thicker than an iPad 2 + Yoobao, so it should fit, but I don't have the Yoobao case to confirm.

westwood
Apr 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
Just received my rev2 today and I have to say the smell isn't bad at all (kind of smells like new lower-quality leather furniture in my opinion) and you have to stick your nose pretty close to the case to smell it. fit and finish is pretty good but not perfect. I tried pushing the iPad in all the way as hard as I could, but the microphone and headphone jack, while within the cutouts, are not perfectly centered. Minor details to me.

As far as the front flap being a little loose and the magnet turning the iPad on and off, yeah it happens a bit. I'm never quite sure when the iPad is actually turned off sometimes (when I jiggle the front flap, I hear a click-click...not sure if the last click is turning the iPad on or off) so I have to peek in to check. I'm not sure how big of a deal this will be for me since I've only had it for an hour.

Also, having the cover around the black doesn't turn off the iPad. I pressed hard and moved it around, and it definitely doesnt turn my iPad off from the back...so I'd say they fixed that issue completely.

One more small thing: the magnet does bulge out ever so slightly, as seen in the brown case in the youtube review mentioned earlier (I can see it on my black case). You can only really tell when you look at the case from a slight angle. Doesn't bother me at all and I don't really care. Overall I really like the case and I'm happy with it.

laurenr
Apr 20, 2011, 10:45 PM
.......The only thing I wish they would have done (and I would buy a second one to get it) is extend the flap another inch or so that gets tucked in further to hold the ipad in better. Based on the revision one flap being the same length I suspect the ipad will drop down a little during use when the cover is flipped back and the fold is at the bottom. The flap is too short IMHO. Look at the official ipad 1 and the new acase design and you can see that their flap is much longer (2 to 3 times longer).....

I quite agree with you about the flap; I have the very first Yoobao case for the iPad 1 - it's a year old, and the flap was much longer, an ideal length actually. I have no idea why they would have shortened it so much. However, I should still point out that my iPad does still feel quite secure with the current configuration. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the design of this case.

WilliamG
Apr 20, 2011, 11:16 PM
Hey all! Just to let you know my Yoobao rev. 2 iPad 2 case review just went live. :) Feel free to read/yell/complain etc. :)

atomicbatteries
Apr 20, 2011, 11:46 PM
Hey all! Just to let you know my Yoobao rev. 2 iPad 2 case review just went live. :) Feel free to read/yell/complain etc. :)
oh geez let me get some popcorn going!

cz9h3d
Apr 21, 2011, 09:15 PM
Got my version 2 today. Magnet doesn't want to turn off the screen. If I press and/or move it around, it goes off.

Ah well. I'll use it until something better catches my fancy.

bobbyrab
Apr 21, 2011, 10:11 PM
Got my version 2 today. Magnet doesn't want to turn off the screen. If I press and/or move it around, it goes off.

Ah well. I'll use it until something better catches my fancy.

That happens I bet because the cover is flopping around when you close it. It needs a firmer binding I think.

WilliamG
Apr 22, 2011, 02:02 AM
That happens I bet because the cover is flopping around when you close it. It needs a firmer binding I think.

I've not had this issue. Leather is quite malleable, so you may want to try bending the cover until it lies flat.

laurenr
Apr 22, 2011, 02:22 AM

What a great review, not just because you recommend the case , but it's the way you describe all the important little details, like the perforated speaker holes, which protect the case better than the usual huge cutout of many other cases (never thought of that before). I had to giggle at the "Quality Your Lifestyle" logo....I totally missed than one!:D

I guess I am one of the few lucky ones with my rev 1 red case ......never had the stinky or sleep-trigger issue, but I like the way Yoobao pays attention, and responds quickly to address negative issues.

obama3344
Apr 22, 2011, 02:36 AM
Absolutely recommended to get Yoobao new revision. You will never regretted

shutterbugnyc
Apr 22, 2011, 04:33 PM
Gotta give major kudos to AYL. They let me keep the first case which I got in black, and I just received the revised version in brown (per my request). They pretty much guaranteed my future business.

As others have stated, the 2 major issues have indeed been cleared up with this new revision.

sarends
Apr 22, 2011, 05:12 PM
I might spring for one of these. I had been looking at the Pad & Quill (and other similar wood frame case styles) but it seems too heavy. I really like the size of this one - I am hoping it would not defeat what I enjoy the most about the iPad - the form factor for reading in bed etc., etc.

The Piel Frama looks like the ideal case but I use my iPad in my pickup and out on jobs I am afraid it will get scratched up. If this one gets scratched up it isn't a huge deal.

Any other cases similar to this one I might consider?

Thanks

sarends
Apr 22, 2011, 11:34 PM
I ordered one just now - it is supposed to ship on Monday. I will report back here how well I like it.

Thanks

guinness8878
Apr 22, 2011, 11:53 PM
Mine came yesterday, overall it's a nice case for what it is but the auto wake/sleep is worthless on mine. I have to press down on it to sleep, once I let go it wakes. It's a ver2.

WilliamG
Apr 23, 2011, 01:17 AM
What a great review, not just because you recommend the case , but it's the way you describe all the important little details, like the perforated speaker holes, which protect the case better than the usual huge cutout of many other cases (never thought of that before). I had to giggle at the "Quality Your Lifestyle" logo....I totally missed than one!:D

I guess I am one of the few lucky ones with my rev 1 red case ......never had the stinky or sleep-trigger issue, but I like the way Yoobao pays attention, and responds quickly to address negative issues.

Thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it. :)

Mine came yesterday, overall it's a nice case for what it is but the auto wake/sleep is worthless on mine. I have to press down on it to sleep, once I let go it wakes. It's a ver2.

Either your case is faulty, you haven't pushed the iPad into it enough, or you need to bend the leather to stay flat against the iPad 2. My Yoobao activates the Smart Cover functionality at about a half inch away from my iPad 2 on either top or bottom of the cover edges.

gigaguy
Apr 23, 2011, 01:59 AM
How hard could it be? I don't understand how the magnets work, where they have to be, etc. I did read the Apple smart cover has like 12-20 magnets.
maybe it really is! rocket science and Apple designed it so copycat cases (at earthly prices) wouldn't work right.
I'm going back to the smart cover and a compatible cutout TPU case (on order), to try get my moneys worth of that pricey and oh so smart piece of leatha!

Hellokittyutah
Apr 23, 2011, 06:58 PM
How long is it taking for everybody to get the revised yoobao case? Mine left 5 days ago and I still have not received it. Where is their shipping facility?

WilliamG
Apr 24, 2011, 02:18 AM
How long is it taking for everybody to get the revised yoobao case? Mine left 5 days ago and I still have not received it. Where is their shipping facility?

AYL ships from CA. I live in Seattle, and it was 2 days. Very speedy shipping. You should have tracking info, so track it! :)

sarends
Apr 24, 2011, 09:49 AM
WilliamG, I ordered Yoobao last Friday based upon your review at BIGHUGENERD.COM. BTW, well done review (I left a comment at your blog) - I hope the case is 80% of what you say it is! Mine is supposed to ship Monday - I am in Colorado.

Thx, Steve

AYL ships from CA. I live in Seattle, and it was 2 days. Very speedy shipping. You should have tracking info, so track it! :)

a1sy
Apr 24, 2011, 10:39 AM

Hmm. I ordered from Amazon on April 18, got shipping info on April 22 and estimated delivery for April 29. From CA to OR 7 days? Hope it will show up sooner.
But I am still puzzled if wake up magnets work properly based on the posts above.

laurenr
Apr 24, 2011, 11:20 AM
Hmm. I ordered from Amazon on April 18, got shipping info on April 22 and estimated delivery for April 29. From CA to OR 7 days? Hope it will show up sooner.
But I am still puzzled if wake up magnets work properly based on the posts above.
The magnets function exactly as they should for me. As the front cover is closed, the sleep function is triggered. I also like how when I am reading in bed, and the cover is folded completely back on itself, the whole thing is comfortable to hold, because the form factor of the case is so slim. On the rev 1 of the case, sleep could apparently be triggered in this position.

a1sy
Apr 24, 2011, 12:08 PM
The magnets function exactly as they should for me. As the front cover is closed, the sleep function is triggered. I also like how when I am reading in bed, and the cover is folded completely back on itself, the whole thing is comfortable to hold, because the form factor of the case is so slim. On the rev 1 of the case, sleep could apparently be triggered in this position.

Laurenr
I see no complains about magnets on the back activating sleep function on rev2. But it seems some complains about position of the front cover when it's closed that it depends of the position of the cover.If it's not properly closed it may not put it to sleep. Seems like yours doesn't have this problem,right?
Thanks

WilliamG
Apr 24, 2011, 12:10 PM
WilliamG, I ordered Yoobao last Friday based upon your review at BIGHUGENERD.COM. BTW, well done review (I left a comment at your blog) - I hope the case is 80% of what you say it is! Mine is supposed to ship Monday - I am in Colorado.

Thx, Steve

Thank you! Really appreciate the feedback and comments. More reviews coming soon. :)

Are you using Amazon's shipping/delivery estimates? Use the actual tracking number because the estimates are extremely conservative, and often just flat-out wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if the case shows up tomorrow.

WilliamG
Apr 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
Laurenr
I see no complains about magnets on the back activating sleep function on rev2. But it seems some complains about position of the front cover when it's closed that it depends of the position of the cover.If it's not properly closed it may not put it to sleep. Seems like yours doesn't have this problem,right?
Thanks

Make sure your iPad is all the way in the case, and and that the leather is flattened correctly. The magnets work perfectly here, and for many other people, no doubt. If they don't, exchange the case. My review samples have been flawless, as I mentioned in the review and on these boards, so you should expect nothing less than the experience I've encountered!

a1sy
Apr 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
Thank you! Really appreciate the feedback and comments. More reviews coming soon. :)

Are you using Amazon's shipping/delivery estimates? Use the actual tracking number because the estimates are extremely conservative, and often just flat-out wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if the case shows up tomorrow.

They use USPS, I tried to check USPS tracking number and it's useless.
It doesn't show anything.Hopefully will get sooner than April 29 :-)
Thanks

WilliamG
Apr 24, 2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks

USPS was fairly useful when I tracked mine. In any case, April 29 is unlikely!

johnc22
Apr 24, 2011, 01:12 PM
AYL is sending me a new version. They are an excellent company to do business with.

Hellokittyutah
Apr 24, 2011, 04:05 PM
I got my shipping notice the 19th and I still have not received it. More than 4 days USPS priority from California to Utah ? It should have taken 2-3 days. I get stuff sooner from Florida! Also my tracking number is completely useless. Anybody has had the same experience?

laurenr
Apr 24, 2011, 08:01 PM
Laurenr
Thanks

As William said, if the case is seated properly, slid all the way in, flap tucked behind the iPad, the sleep function with the top down works perfectly.

For others interested in ordering, i also recommend AYL on Amazon; my order arrived within 48 hours. I had also ordered a different color from the Obo Store, but because that case shipped from China, it took over a week to receive. The latter would be great for customers that live outside of the USA.

Having used this case for about 3 weeks now, it could not be more perfect!:)

dhcl604
Apr 25, 2011, 05:44 AM
I got my shipping notice the 19th and I still have not received it. More than 4 days USPS priority from California to Utah ? It should have taken 2-3 days. I get stuff sooner from Florida! Also my tracking number is completely useless. Anybody has had the same experience?
USPS is useless compared to FedEx. I bought the first and second version from AYL on Amazon and received both here in NY, two days from the notice.

sarends
Apr 25, 2011, 10:11 PM
I ordered my AYL Saturday via amazon. I chose cheapest shipping which was USPS. I received shipping notice and tracking number today. Is supposednto arrive may 3rd. That is a little long but I don't care as I am traveling right now and won't be back home until about the 3rd anyway.

cz9h3d
Apr 26, 2011, 12:29 PM
My cover will turn off the screen, but only when I force it to come further over to the edge. Yes, I have the iPad seated fully - it just seems that it needs to seat a little bit more for this to work reliably all the time.

WilliamG
Apr 26, 2011, 12:35 PM
My cover will turn off the screen, but only when I force it to come further over to the edge. Yes, I have the iPad seated fully - it just seems that it needs to seat a little bit more for this to work reliably all the time.

I think part of the issue may be the leather is soft yet stiff in that area. I recommend taking the iPad out, and forcing the leather into place, better aligned with the edges, - maybe sitting a hardback book on it to keep it in place? It does work. :)

Catonow
Apr 26, 2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks

The USPS tracking page says it's in my city as of early this morning. But it also says it's scheduled to be delivered April 29. I suspect they're just being extra conservative on the expected delivery date, and am sure it will arrive either later this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest.

I've noticed this pattern before with some items ordered via Amazon. I actually prefer a cautious delivery date to one that's overly optimistic. Always nice to see expectations exceeded.

I do wish they had offered a quicker delivery option; I was willing to pay more for the privilege. But when I purchased it late last week, there were no shipping options available, only standard.

Dtn01
Apr 27, 2011, 12:32 AM
Well I love the case but mine was faulty or something cause it wont close right and thus the sleep/wake function doesnt work half of the time. So i just email ayl see if I can exchange. But overall the case is slim and doesn't smell.

berrylicious
Apr 27, 2011, 08:58 AM
Personally I love this case. It fits my iPad like a glove and the sleep/wake functions work perfectly and no noticeable odor at all. With all of the delays due to problems with the first version case they sent me the New Revision case for the same price as the original case and a free screen saver for the inconvenience. I'm a very happy customer :)

johnc22
Apr 27, 2011, 06:09 PM
AYL was nice enough to send me a version 2 of the Yoobao case. The sleep/wake works perfectly but the cutouts are a bit off on the headphone jack and mic. Still, not so far off as to make it a problem, just not centered as I'd expect.

I can't recommend AYL highly enough for the way they dealt with this -excellent customer service experience.

a1sy
Apr 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
I just received the case 10 min ago, so far it works fine for me, magnets properly put it asleep and waking it up.
Headphone jack is not properly aligned, you have to push edge a little bit to insert the connector. The way ipad2 have connector (on the edge) it would be hard to make proper head phone hole with this design, but it's not so bad.
Smell is adequate for the leather, you will feel it if you smell it from 1 inch or so. I have allergy and very sensitive for all kind of smells, but this one don't bother me a lot. My leather jacket smells much more :-)
Overall, I like it, just need to play with it a little more.

MMakoto
Apr 27, 2011, 07:30 PM
AYL was nice enough to send me a version 2 of the Yoobao case. The sleep/wake works perfectly but the cutouts are a bit off on the headphone jack and mic. Still, not so far off as to make it a problem, just not centered as I'd expect.

I can't recommend AYL highly enough for the way they dealt with this -excellent customer service experience.

Do you have the brown case? My brown case has the same problem with the mic and headphone cutouts. My sleep/wake function isn't working most the time as well.

Dtn01
Apr 27, 2011, 07:59 PM
Do you have the brown case? My brown case has the same problem with the mic and headphone cutouts. My sleep/wake function isn't working most the time as well.

I have the brown case too and all U mention happen to me so I just ask for a exchange from AYL.

canyonblue737
Apr 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
Ok, I pulled the trigger and got the version 2 of this case in black. I am a huge fan of the first Apple iPad 1 case and have used newer Apple smart cover in black for more than a month on my iPad 2. While I think the new smart cover works and sure is thin, it just wasn't enough protection and I kept babying my iPad and it bothered me.

The new Yoobao case is beautiful. Only a subtle real leather smell out of the box which quickly faded the cutouts all fit to a "T" the moment I put the iPad in the case. The flap which folds over the iPad to hold it in place does seem a bit short compared to similar cases but it does work and holds the iPad securely and isn't visible once in place so it doesn't matter. My case doesn't have any issue with the top cover not folding far enough over the front the iPad like in one or two of the review shots folks in this thread have pointed out. The only real issue is the magnet doesn't work that well other than as an on-off trigger. To prevent accidental turn on/off of the device when the cover is folded back on itself they used a real weak magnet. This magnet doesn't really clip or hold to the device screen or any other part of the cover itself so don't think the cover while snap shut or stay shut if held upside down by the very edges, it won't. Essentially it is just like the Apple iPad 1 case in terms of the floppy cover but will turn the unit on and off from the front like the Smart Case without any other functionality. Finally the leather itself looks great, a bit shiny (like a cheap middle grade leather, which it is for $39) but the device looks SO, SO professional in this case and far more functional for me. I can just toss the iPad on a table or elsewhere without a second thought and it looks outstanding. I can't believe I used the device for 6 weeks without this type of case. Buy it!

johnc22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:43 AM

Yes, I have the brown case as a replacement. Original was black.

Basically I think this is par for the course for cheaply made stuff from China (not that $40 is cheap for some folks).

Still, I have a Vaja on order so I'll live with the Yoobao until the Libretto gets here. If it's not cut perfectly I WILL be upset.

dacalo
Apr 28, 2011, 01:49 PM
-rev2 has softer leather. It feels higher quality than rev1.
-rev2 does not have that weird toxic smell anymore, just leather smell
-rev2 alignment with mic and earphone seems a little bit less accurate than rev1, but it's no big deal.
-rev2 smart cover appears to work better than rev1 when closed.

EDIT: I have both so I am comparing them side by side, not by memory.

SipperyPete
Apr 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
I just received this case today and am a bit dissapointed. The case fits great and looks great, but does not close or sleep/wake properly. The lid certainly doesn't stay shut correctly, and thus doesn't hold the iPad asleep. If I throw it in a bag or even just carry it, the lid is flapping around and waking/sleeping the device back and forth...pretty annoying to say the least.

Those of you with this case, does the front flap stay closed by way of the magnets or does it just flap around? Perhaps I just need a replacement, as really like he look and feel of this case...

kschles
Apr 28, 2011, 08:16 PM
I think part of the issue may be the leather is soft yet stiff in that area. I recommend taking the iPad out, and forcing the leather into place, better aligned with the edges, - maybe sitting a hardback book on it to keep it in place? It does work. :)

Was disappointed because my Ipad didn't fit properly (the home button was not centered in the cut-out, the cover didn't close well, and the sleep/awake feature didn't always work). This after trying to push in the Ipad as hard as I could.

Finally took William's advice. Took out the Ipad and forced the cover to close as far over as I could (bending the spine a bit helped). Made sure the cover was properly seated, and then put a couple of heavy books on top for several hours. After this my Ipad fit much better. The home button seems centered, the cover closes well, and the sleep/awake function works. Hoping this will continue, and the cover won't revert back to it's bad habits.

dhcl604
Apr 28, 2011, 08:20 PM
I just received this case today and am a bit dissapointed. The case fits great and looks great, but does not close or sleep/wake properly. The lid certainly doesn't stay shut correctly, and thus doesn't hold the iPad asleep. If I throw it in a bag or even just carry it, the lid is flapping around and waking/sleeping the device back and forth...pretty annoying to say the least.

Those of you with this case, does the front flap stay closed by way of the magnets or does it just flap around? Perhaps I just need a replacement, as really like he look and feel of this case...
I have the brown version and like it, other than the cutout for the cable is a little off. The cover does not stay closed with magnets so it may open and close in a bag.

clumsythief83
Apr 28, 2011, 08:50 PM
Just got the case. It's better than the 1st version, but the sleep/wake feature still doesn't work well for me. I gotta press hard on the front flap to get it activated. Now I have that function de-activated. Don't buy it, wait for revision 3 guys. I'm sure there will be another one coming in the next few weeks.

sarends
Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 AM
I ordered mine thru Amazon last Friday and received today using USPS shipping option. I am traveling so I will not be able to check it out until I get home Saturday. I chose cheapest shipping option and it arrived in less than one week - pretty fast IMO.

WilliamG
Apr 29, 2011, 12:32 AM
Was disappointed because my Ipad didn't fit properly (the home button was not centered in the cut-out, the cover didn't close well, and the sleep/awake feature didn't always work). This after trying to push in the Ipad as hard as I could.

Finally took William's advice. Took out the Ipad and forced the cover to close as far over as I could (bending the spine a bit helped). Made sure the cover was properly seated, and then put a couple of heavy books on top for several hours. After this my Ipad fit much better. The home button seems centered, the cover closes well, and the sleep/awake function works. Hoping this will continue, and the cover won't revert back to it's bad habits.

Glad that worked for you! :)

sarends
Apr 29, 2011, 01:47 AM
Anybody here order the Yoobao as an interim case or a 2nd case? I am just using the apple smart cover right now as I wait for my yoobao to arrive. However, I am wondering if I should order something like a Portenzo or Pad & Quill as another option? It sounds like the Portenzo is a beautiful case.

I am hopeful about the Yoobao, but am concerned about the number of people on here who have had trouble with the Yoobao cover not having a strong enough magnet. I really think the overall design of the Yoobao is excellent, and may suit my tastes better than the wood framed cases ala Portenzo, Dodocase etc. But, if the Yoobao only intermittently has success shutting the iPad off on closures, I am afraid I will need to scrap it.

Here I am forecasting what may or may not occur and haven't even given the Yoobao a shot yet!

I wd be interested in the thoughts of other Yoobao buyers on whether they considered a Portenzo (or similar) type case in their case select process.

Cheers

riteshks
Apr 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
I received my yoobao version 2 yesterday. Here are some observations:
1. Its compact and leaves enough space for other things in my business briefcase.
2. Auto sleep works good and doesn't put ipad to sleep when the cover is folded on the back for reading.
3. Weight is little heavy for my linking but much less than other case I saw. Still a good compact case.
4. The front cover is smaller than back. Not a big deal but looks funny.
5. Leather is good (wasn't my top priority anyway)
6. headphone placement is little off. Other ports (volume etc) are very accessible. Wasn't the case with other book style case I saw.

Happy with the case and wouldn't be buying another case. Would like it more if it was in $30 range.

orschinger
Apr 30, 2011, 07:46 AM
Reporting from Germany: Got my Yoobao today, here is the videoreview (in german)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipC8stHU9ak

sarends
Apr 30, 2011, 08:00 AM
Reporting from Germany: Got my Yoobao today, here is the videoreview (in german)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipC8stHU9ak

I could understand only a little, but the picture quality was very good with lots of time examining every possible angle of the case. It certainly looks like the case reviewed was quite nice! I like the very clean sleek lines - so many of the iPad cases are thick or bulky. Also, it certainly didn't look like the reviewer was having any trouble with the case not putting the iPad to sleep as the front cover laid down very very flat. I will be back home tomorrow where my case is waiting for me to try - can't wait as I am so over the Apple Smart Cover!

thadoggfather
Apr 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
just snatched up a black 16gb and a black yoobao to match it. EXCITED!

had first gen and incase book jacket, too big though. this looks PERFECT.

dhcl604
Apr 30, 2011, 08:32 PM
Anybody here order the Yoobao as an interim case or a 2nd case? I am just using the apple smart cover right now as I wait for my yoobao to arrive. However, I am wondering if I should order something like a Portenzo or Pad & Quill as another option? It sounds like the Portenzo is a beautiful case.

I am hopeful about the Yoobao, but am concerned about the number of people on here who have had trouble with the Yoobao cover not having a strong enough magnet. I really think the overall design of the Yoobao is excellent, and may suit my tastes better than the wood framed cases ala Portenzo, Dodocase etc. But, if the Yoobao only intermittently has success shutting the iPad off on closures, I am afraid I will need to scrap it.

Here I am forecasting what may or may not occur and haven't even given the Yoobao a shot yet!

I wd be interested in the thoughts of other Yoobao buyers on whether they considered a Portenzo (or similar) type case in their case select process.

Cheers
I purchased the brown Yoobao and the STM Skinny. The Yoobao arrived first and it looks great. The magnet function works fine, although I have found it to not put the iPad to sleep a couple of times (when it's suppose to) due to the top cover not matching up with the back exactly. But the wakeup function works fine. No problems folding the cover completely around the back. It does not put it to sleep then. As I mentioned I bought the STM Skinny too but since I'm so happy with the Yoobao, I haven't even taken the Skinny out of it's package..

funkycheese
Apr 30, 2011, 09:08 PM
I agree too as above. This is my second case. I still see couple of flaws. First is that the magnet to get the ipad2 to go to sleep is weak. Just enough that it does not activate when you flip it over. But it activates when the front cover is close and you wiggle it. It turns it on and off. They need to make the front cover more stiffer so it doesn't wiggle as much.

2nd is the small flap that holds the ipad2 in place. That one is just too soft and flexible. I think that is one of the main reasons why the smart magnet is occasionally not turning off the ipad2 when it closes. After extended use, the ipad2 tend to slip out of the case just enough that the magnets stop lining up where the magnet feature stop working. Maybe adding velcro to that small flap so the ipad 2 stays tight and stays put and extend the front cover alittle more so it covers it.

pinkoos
May 1, 2011, 08:56 AM
Huge price drop on Amazon?

I'm seeing $25 for Prime eligible and $14 + $4.99 shipping direct from AYL (but not Prime eligible).

Am I looking at the correct, upgraded version of this case?

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Genuine-Leather-Version-Generation/dp/B004WHI9L4/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I363VAA036397S&colid=2RSMYU5HGPKDG

NoIdea!
May 1, 2011, 09:03 AM
Just received my Yoobao iPad 2 case from eBay UK and having only had it on for around 3 hours, the smell is horrendous! I am pretty sure this is the revised version of the case because I can fold the cover right around the back and cannot make it sleep. However, this smell is making me a little dizzy...

Couldn't find anywhere which explicitly states that this smell will dissipate, so has it completely gone for anyone and how long should this take? Also, is this chemical smell potentially dangerous?!

Cheers

dhcl604
May 1, 2011, 09:20 AM
Just received my Yoobao iPad 2 case from eBay UK and having only had it on for around 3 hours, the smell is horrendous! I am pretty sure this is the revised version of the case because I can fold the cover right around the back and cannot make it sleep. However, this smell is making me a little dizzy...

Couldn't find anywhere which explicitly states that this smell will dissipate, so has it completely gone for anyone and how long should this take? Also, is this chemical smell potentially dangerous?!

Cheers
I had the first version of the Yooboa case and sent it back because of the strong chemical smell. It was really bad. Didn't have a problem with the magnets thougth. I now have the second version and upon opening the box it came in, it had a faint leather smell. Quite different from the first.

SmittS
May 1, 2011, 11:50 AM

I'm seeing $25 for Prime eligible and $14 + $4.99 shipping direct from AYL (but not Prime eligible).

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Genuine-Leather-Version-Generation/dp/B004WHI9L4/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I363VAA036397S&colid=2RSMYU5HGPKDG

Great deal. I emailed AYL for a price adjustment.

gigaguy
May 1, 2011, 12:08 PM
Really, $14? what's going on. must be a discontinuation or new product coming? Seemed like it would be mentioned here, we heard all about rev2 well before it came out. hmm.
I ordered anyway, great price if it is the improved revised version 2.

markere
May 1, 2011, 12:10 PM
Really, what's going on. must be something, a discontinuation or new product coming? Seemed like it would be mentioned here. hmm. I ordered one anyway, great price if it is the improved revised version 2.

Ordered a red one. Hopefully they're not trying to dump the rev2s in preparation for rev3. Great deal regardless.

kschles
May 1, 2011, 12:42 PM
Ordered a red one. Hopefully they're not trying to dump the rev2s in preparation for rev3. Great deal regardless.

I'd be happy to see a Rev3. Rev2 is a definite improvement, but the top need to be longer and the back flap could use some adjustment.

troyhouse
May 1, 2011, 01:29 PM

is this for sure rev2, i am ready to place the order.

gigaguy
May 1, 2011, 01:59 PM
Well it says newest version, this is how the 2nd one was listed all along I believe. but the skeptic in me wonders. cause version 2 had pretty good reviews, and version 1 was very popular too. but now at less than half price. but this seller also has a good rep, so I would hope they are not trying to mislead.

pinkoos
May 1, 2011, 02:23 PM
I had just ordered yesterday morning for $33. I contacted Amazon for a price adjustment and they told me to contact AYL b/c they only "fulfilled" the order for AYL, so it's up to AYL to do a price adjustment/credit back.

JustCrusin
May 1, 2011, 02:26 PM
Went on this morning to order at $35, which I saw yesterday and for some odd reason the had this case for $1 + 4.99 Shipping. Scooped it up. Looks like it's now $14.99. No idea why they were selling it for $1.

skaterboy
May 1, 2011, 03:11 PM
I picked one up for $14. I was going to get one anyway, had it in my cart at $30 last evening, $14 seems really inexpensive. Not as good as $1 but Ill take what I can get.

sotie
May 1, 2011, 03:32 PM

Look at what Yoobao did last year with their iPad 1 case. There were 4 or 5 revisions.

cz9h3d
May 1, 2011, 03:36 PM
I've had my case for a couple weeks now.

My Wants: Full coverage for back/sides, thin and light, sleep function, easy two position for typing/viewing, nothing that has to snap in/out for viewing positions.

The Yoobao V2 is still the best I've seen to do all of this. However my iPad2 could have a more secure fit inside the case. The sleep function works best when the iPad is fully inserted (with the cover coming over almost to the edge when closed). However the iPad tends to slip back out slightly when in the stand-up mode or I'm just holding the case in this orientation (with the cover flipped all the way back). Maybe the flap that secures the iPad needs to be longer, or have something to actually secure it/iPad tightly in place. I'm tempted to install some velcro, but I'm sure it will show through the case due to it's thickness.

But I haven't seen any other case that meets my needs. Some are close but leave the ends fully open (STM Skinny), others fully cover, but add significant thickness (Switcheasy Canvas).

I'll keep watching, but for now the Yoobao V2 is the best I've seen. If they are indeed $14.99 via Amazon via AYL, then I paid $20 too much!

troyhouse
May 1, 2011, 03:51 PM
is this for sure rev2, i am ready to place the order.

ordered 1, hard to pass up this price. maybe its a price mistake as someone got it for 1$.

amazon already shows that the order cannot be canceled as getting prepared for shipment.

gigaguy
May 1, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm figuring the $1 & $4.99 shipping maybe was a typo for $14.99
I agree with cz9h3d, this case best meets my preferences. Only thing I'd like better is a case with no screen coverage but all the ones out there all have bigger drawbacks for me, so if screen coverage is the only downside I'll take the yoobao ver 2. I've tried the snap on backs that work with the smart cover but they slip off at the thin areas.

I ordered 3 Yoobao2s @ $14, will keep the color I like best. I have several friends who liked the Yoobao 1 I had and will buy the leftover colors.

funkycheese
May 1, 2011, 05:12 PM
I bought the v1 and the smell was really bad but the v2 the smell is very faint.

mikw4
May 1, 2011, 05:52 PM
I ordered mine Thursday night at $34. I'm a little upset that the price dropped that much. Pissed that I missed the $1 deal. Just sent them and email.

pinkoos
May 1, 2011, 11:21 PM
Anybody who has contacted AYL for a price adjustment please post back over here with your results. Please.

sarends
May 1, 2011, 11:29 PM
Just got home from traveling and threw the Yoobao on. I am please thus far. It met my expectations having read all the pluses and minuses in this thread. It has been keeping the iPad sleeping even though the front cover doesn't lay quite flat. And, it has not shut iPad off when folded over the back.

I need to try WilliamGs suggestion to lay a phone book on it for a 1/2 day to try to get the front cover a little flatter.

What I like;

1. Leather is good
2. Stitching is nice
3. The compact and flat size is perhaps the best and most pleasant surprise - the case feels very sleek to hold.
4. No discernible smell unless I hold my nose right next to it - and even then it is a normal, to be expected mild leather smell
5. The stand works good. I am using rt now in bed 1/2 propped up on my leg.
6. It looks professional and protective
7. I feel that the iPad is more protected compared to smart cover

What I don't like:

1. It is too early to tell, but the front cover may not lay flat enough. I will try phone book f lathering.f
2. Related to num 1., I kinda wish it had a more positive closure mechanism of some sort - stronger magnet, elastic strap or something.

Even these 2 might not be permanent "don't likes" as I could change my mind after a few days.

All in all, I like this case. If anything, I would have paid more if the leather was premium and supple and I would pay more if the build quality was super super impressive as in a Piel Frama or Portenzo. For what I paid, it was a very good buy - I think I paid about $34 if I remember right.

comixster
May 2, 2011, 01:14 AM
also bought one. That's a really nice price!

obama3344
May 2, 2011, 01:20 AM
Just got new Yoobao Case. It ROCK! ROCK! ROCK!

Absolutely recommended.

phantomsd
May 2, 2011, 02:57 AM
Been lurking forever on this thread and watched all the YT reviews numerous times (thanks guys)... finally pulled the trigger once I heard it was $14... so glad I waited.

jweaver
May 2, 2011, 04:26 AM
Finding a V2 was difficult in the UK, so I ordered from the US.. Not only was it cheaper, but it arrived in 4 days...

I had already watched/read the reviews and was a little worried about the front cover being a bit shorter that it could be, the lack of any magnets to hold the cover down and the intermittent sleep feature. And to be honest, I wasn't worried.. I figured that the front flap was designed to be a bit shorter than the rest of that case and I could always disable the sleep feature.

When the case came, I was quite impressed.. It looks nice.. But there were a few edges in the leather that I am not 100% happy with.. And the sleep feature was a bit hit and miss.. But overall I was happy.. I played with the sleep feature a bit and found that on my case, no matter how hard/far I had inserted the iPad the magnets in the cover would only just trigger the sleep.. If I moved the cover even slightly towards the hinge, it would wake up. But I found that I really love the sleep feature and don't want to switch it off, so for the past week, I have been hoping that the case might soften/stretch slightly and the sleep might work better.. But if anything its getting worse.. To make it sleep, I have to deliberately pull the cover away from the hinge as I close it.. And then as the leather stretched back, it eventually wakes up again.. I have setup the 'auto sleep' to 2 min so its not the end of the world.. But it would be nice if it could work as intended.

Is my problem with 'sleep' typical? Have people given up with teh feature? Or are people using it successfully?

My supplier has offered my a replacement/refund.. But this will mean shipping it back to the US and whilst they are willing to pay for the shipping, I don't want to be without a cover for several weeks epecially when the replacement will probably have the same problem.

How are you finding the sleep feature on your v2 cases?

Jon

jafingi
May 2, 2011, 06:04 AM
I bought my v2 from eBay.co.uk saturday.. Gonna receive it this week.

Looking forward to testing it.. )

pinkoos
May 2, 2011, 06:07 AM
Got a reply back from AYL. They will credit back the difference versus the $14+$4.99 shipping price. I'm satisfied with that resolution.

kschles
May 2, 2011, 06:25 AM
Finding a V2 was difficult in the UK, so I ordered from the US.. Not only was it cheaper, but it arrived in 4 days...

I had already watched/read the reviews and was a little worried about the front cover being a bit shorter that it could be, the lack of any magnets to hold the cover down and the intermittent sleep feature. And to be honest, I wasn't worried.. I figured that the front flap was designed to be a bit shorter than the rest of that case and I could always disable the sleep feature.

When the case came, I was quite impressed.. It looks nice.. But there were a few edges in the leather that I am not 100% happy with.. And the sleep feature was a bit hit and miss.. But overall I was happy.. I played with the sleep feature a bit and found that on my case, no matter how hard/far I had inserted the iPad the magnets in the cover would only just trigger the sleep.. If I moved the cover even slightly towards the hinge, it would wake up. But I found that I really love the sleep feature and don't want to switch it off, so for the past week, I have been hoping that the case might soften/stretch slightly and the sleep might work better.. But if anything its getting worse.. To make it sleep, I have to deliberately pull the cover away from the hinge as I close it.. And then as the leather stretched back, it eventually wakes up again.. I have setup the 'auto sleep' to 2 min so its not the end of the world.. But it would be nice if it could work as intended.

Is my problem with 'sleep' typical? Have people given up with teh feature? Or are people using it successfully?

My supplier has offered my a replacement/refund.. But this will mean shipping it back to the US and whilst they are willing to pay for the shipping, I don't want to be without a cover for several weeks epecially when the replacement will probably have the same problem.

How are you finding the sleep feature on your v2 cases?

Jon

Definitely try William G's book suggestion. Take your Ipad out of the case. Close the cover, pulling it over as far as you can (bending the spine a bit worked for me), and put some heavy books on top for a couple of hours. After I did that my Ipad fit in the case better, and the sleep/awake function worked much better.

weaselmtl
May 2, 2011, 08:10 AM
Anyone know where I can get this for a reasonable price in Canada? AYL does not appear to ship up here...

angelmouse
May 2, 2011, 08:19 AM
There seems to be a new set of Yoobao cases for iPad 2 to be released soon. Looks like a similar design to the executive case and also with the sleep/wake function. My guess is it's not made of real leather (perhaps PU) since the price is set to be cheaper.

Pictures from official website:
http://www.yoobao.com/shoppic/201142116185459168.jpg

http://www.yoobao.com/shoppic/201142115385760453.jpg

http://www.yoobao.com/shoppic/201142116312219089.jpg

jweaver
May 2, 2011, 08:28 AM
Definitely try William G's book suggestion. Take your Ipad out of the case. Close the cover, pulling it over as far as you can (bending the spine a bit worked for me), and put some heavy books on top for a couple of hours. After I did that my Ipad fit in the case better, and the sleep/awake function worked much better.

Cheers.. I am on it now.. I missed that post.. I have been watching this thread with interest, but its seems there was a bunch of posts I didn't see.

I wonder if Yoobao will bring out another version in the future to address these issues?

Jon

thadoggfather
May 2, 2011, 08:30 AM
Got a reply back from AYL. They will credit back the difference versus the $14+$4.99 shipping price. I'm satisfied with that resolution.

What's their contact info?

pinkoos
May 2, 2011, 08:32 AM
What's their contact info?

You need to contact them through their Amazon storefront. Click on their name under the listing for the Yoobao case and then click on Help I believe and then Contact or something like that.

madat42
May 2, 2011, 12:01 PM
A DIY fix for the iPad slipping out of the case due to the small flap holding it in:

Take a slim piece of cardboard (the insert that comes in the Yoobao box works great) and trim it down. Tape the cardboard securely to the small flap and tuck the cardboard behind your iPad as far as it can go. This keeps the flap nice and taught behind your iPad.

OceanView
May 2, 2011, 02:27 PM
Looks like price went up today.
Glad I ordered yesterday.

jweaver
May 2, 2011, 03:25 PM
A DIY fix for the iPad slipping out of the case due to the small flap holding it in:

Take a slim piece of cardboard (the insert that comes in the Yoobao box works great) and trim it down. Tape the cardboard securely to the small flap and tuck the cardboard behind your iPad as far as it can go. This keeps the flap nice and taught behind your iPad.

Is "falling out" even a concern? I took mine out today and couldn't even get it out, because the case is such a tight fit.. I am really surprised that it could fall out.

Jon

funkycheese
May 2, 2011, 04:36 PM

I tried velco and its a no go. Velcro is just too thick and it shows right through the leather. :(

madat42
May 2, 2011, 05:56 PM
YEA!!!

FAIL!

Actually, the top cover is shorter in length by design and gives the case a satchel look. The top, bottom, and right edges of the cover are supposed to sit inside the edge of the rest of the case, enough so you can see the stitched border.

jweaver
May 2, 2011, 05:57 PM

I put mine under a big stack of books earlier, after exaggerating the position of the hinge and for me it makes no difference.

I found tonight that if I carry it on the hinge end, the tiny movements of the cover, makes it sound like the paparazzi are following me around.

I am starting to think that mine is faulty...... Looks like I might have to switch the sleep feature off and live without it...

Jon

madat42
May 2, 2011, 05:57 PM
I tried velco and its a no go. Velcro is just too thick and it shows right through the leather. :(

What? Er, I didn't say anything about velcro but I see your point. No, I just taped a long piece of slim cardboard to the small flap and tucked it behind the iPad. Keeps the flap tightly secured.

mikw4
May 2, 2011, 06:11 PM
Received my case today. Very happy with my purchase. Nice slim, quality case. Sleep/wakes like it should. Superb customer service to boot. I recommend to anyone. Really don't think you can beat it for this price.

pfoose
May 2, 2011, 06:35 PM
I bought the yoobao rev 2 case through amazon about a week ago for 35 dollars. The case arrived in 4 days. I was upset when I found out that the case had dropped in price a few days after I had ordered, so I contacted AYL thru their Amazon account. They responded promptly with this message: Dear Customer,

We are doing a promotion but will match the price since you purchased recently, we will credit $19.50 to your order, you should see the credit back to your card in around 5 business days. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Kay

Amazon emailed soon after saying that AYL had requested to refund my card. :D

So far I love this case. Nice and slim, fits easily in my backpack for class. It also looks more like a notebook. People don't even realize its an ipad, which I like because it draws less attention to me. The front flap is a little short, but the overall fit is really snug. The sleep/awake feature has become a little less precise as the case is breaking in. I could see that becoming a problem in the future, but otherwise the case is great!

isitthecase
May 2, 2011, 08:52 PM
Is anyone that got the case for $14 going to contact them for a price adjustment to the higher price now? Looks to me like they took the version 1 case let them air out figured out that there was a 40% defect rate tested them and dumped the ver 1's they had. Now raised their price and will again once there gone and have only ver 2's left, Smart business move.

funkycheese
May 2, 2011, 08:59 PM
What? Er, I didn't say anything about velcro but I see your point. No, I just taped a long piece of slim cardboard to the small flap and tucked it behind the iPad. Keeps the flap tightly secured.

No you did not. But I mentioned about using velcro yesterday or 2 days ago before your post regarding the cardboard method. I just posted saying that the velcro method will not work.

I will try the cardboard method next and see what happens.

markere
May 2, 2011, 09:00 PM
Is anyone that got the case for $14 going to contact them for a price adjustment to the higher price now? Looks to me like they took the version 1 case let them air out figured out that there was a 40% defect rate tested them and dumped the ver 1's they had. Now raised their price and will again once there gone and have only ver 2's left, Smart business move.

I bought it for $14 but I heard someone got it for $1. I'll ask them to do a price adjustment for the difference.

j/k!

klanse
May 2, 2011, 09:06 PM
There seems to be a new set of Yoobao cases for iPad 2 to be released soon. Looks like a similar design to the executive case and also with the sleep/wake function. My guess is it's not made of real leather (perhaps PU) since the price is set to be cheaper.

It will be the same material used in the previous ipad1 case. I'll get mine soon, let's see how's the quality.

gigaguy
May 2, 2011, 09:18 PM
no thanks, the stitched leather is so much nicer looking., not sure of the new price, but hard to beat $14 or $35 for a decent leather case. and pastel colors, yuck. I loved the Apple iPad1 case but not the hard pressed seam edges, that these look to have too. the leather edges are softer.
But not so sure now about what I bought at $14 each, seems iffy to bounce around prices like that. I hope it's not the toxic leather of the first one, the description was the exact same as the now $34 ones.

troyhouse
May 2, 2011, 11:41 PM
you all should post pics, there are hardly any pics from the actual owners in this thread. i am waiting for the case from amazon order and looking at the pics is all i can do for now, so help me out :D

sarends
May 3, 2011, 07:27 AM
Yoobao after first 24 hours.

I really like the case, still. The only issue I have had was the front cover was arched so that it lifted slightly when closed, at the very edge. I have had two or three serious bending sessions with my cover. I simply have bent the cover in the opposite direction in order to straighten the cover. This has been working. From what it was, it is 90% better. It is not quite flat as a pancake yet, but it is close. If I couldn't get it any flatter now I would still be very happy with my Yoobao case.

It looks nice and feels very good to hold. Now when it shuts it makes a little "slap sound" because it is in full contact with the iPad.

I wonder how long they will sell the v2 leather version? For those on the edge, you might want to get them while you can. I do not like the look of the v3 at all.

skaterboy
May 3, 2011, 08:02 AM

How do I know if I have a newer version coming? I paid 14.00 few days ago and it clearly says newest revision. If I get one of the version 1 cases I will no be happy.

Im not going to fight to get the case for a $1, happy with the $14 but congrats to those who scored. What should I look for when it arrives? Will it say ver 2? Thanks.

3goldens
May 3, 2011, 09:17 AM
You guys paid $14.00 for this leather case from Yoobao?

Really? Man what a great price!

Yet I still people whining and complaining about this thing.

Not sure what y'all are expecting for that with free shipping, geez!

Also gives you a little insight of what the actually cost of these things are and why the quality will probably never be there compared to say the pricier cases available.

But hey who the hell cares for 14 bucks! I have a few of them and use them all the time and will no doubt be getting another especially if that price drops again!

Please let the rest of the members of the forum know so we can enjoy the great prices too!

isitthecase
May 3, 2011, 04:27 PM
Looks like everyone who asked for price adjustments need to send the money back plus some they are back to $40 again. Looks like they clear out the aired out version 1s that didn't have the major sleep wake functions. Lmao

B][/B]You guys paid $14.00 for this leather case from Yoobao?

Really? Man what a great price!

Yet I still people whining and complaining about this thing.

Not sure what y'all are expecting for that with free shipping, geez!

Also gives you a little insight of what the actually cost of these things are and why the quality will probably never be there compared to say the pricier cases available.

But hey who the hell cares for 14 bucks! I have a few of them and use them all the time and will no doubt be getting another especially if that price drops again!

Please let the rest of the members of the forum know so we can enjoy the great prices too!

pinkoos
May 3, 2011, 06:55 PM
Got mine today. Still in the process of checking it out. However, already immediately noticed that the microphone and headphone cutouts are pretty off. I mean, how hard is it to get this right, especially with the second revision of a case??

wtiger91
May 3, 2011, 07:01 PM
how did people get this for $14?

MMakoto
May 3, 2011, 07:22 PM
Got mine today. Still in the process of checking it out. However, already immediately noticed that the microphone and headphone cutouts are pretty off. I mean, how hard is it to get this right, especially with the second revision of a case??

i have the same problem in brown color i've mentioned earlier from this thread, my replacement has the same problem, and believe me-i've pushed the ipad really hard trying to align it. tried the OP's way of putting heavy books on top of it as well, but it didn't help much. below picture for those interested.

OceanView
May 3, 2011, 07:42 PM
I'm curious, for those that got the deal at $14, when you get it, can you see if it is version 1 or 2?
I'm guessing the smell and the iPad turning off when folding the cover all the way back are symptoms of the first version? Correct me if I'm off on that.

I will also report in when I receive mine.

Sowelu
May 3, 2011, 07:44 PM
I just received my black Yoobao Executive Leather (iPad 2) Case. It appears that AYL (via Amazon) did NOT ship me the 'revision 2' model. I ordered it on Monday, got it today (next day Prime shipping).

The Amazon page clearly shows 'Newest Model'. These descriptions are controlled by the resellers, AYL. This is why I ordered it from them. Also, several reviewers said that AYL is selling the latest version.

Maybe they are shipping these out to see if they can get rid of them, and whoever complains gets a replacement? I don't know.

The chemical smell is literally giving me a headache, the leather has a synthetic feel to it and it's a bit too shiny for my taste. All the photos and reviews I've seen of the revision 2 show a more matte and nicer looking leather.

I just emailed AYL, so I am waiting to hear back from them. I'd like to just re-order this case again to save time, but I am not sure who is REALLY selling the latest version.

OceanView
May 3, 2011, 07:48 PM
I just received my black Yoobao Executive Leather (iPad 2) Case. It appears that AYL (via Amazon) did NOT ship me the 'revision 2' model. I ordered it on Monday, got it today (next day Prime shipping).

The Amazon page clearly shows 'Newest Model'. These descriptions are controlled by the resellers, AYL. This is why I ordered it from them. Also, several reviewers said that AYL is selling the latest version.

Maybe they are shipping these out to see if they can get rid of them, and whoever complains gets a replacement? I don't know.

The chemical smell is literally giving me a headache, the leather has a synthetic feel to it and it's a bit too shiny for my taste. All the photos and reviews I've seen of the revision 2 show a more matte and nicer looking leather.

I just emailed AYL, so I am waiting to hear back from them. I'd like to just re-order this case again to save time, but I am not sure who is REALLY selling the latest version.

That sucks!
Did you get this on the $14 deal?
If so, I'm sure all of us are getting the same crappy 1st version :mad:

skaterboy
May 3, 2011, 07:49 PM
I ordered one and its on the way, if they ship a version 1 I will be finished with amazon. I know this ayl has good customer service but it clearly states newest version on the one I purchased, even though it was $14 I expect it to be the newest version. I looked at my order and its the same as the $40 case, Id find it hard to believe they would pull something like this.

Sowelu
May 3, 2011, 08:05 PM
That sucks!
Did you get this on the $14 deal?
If so, I'm sure all of us are getting the same crappy 1st version :mad:

No, actually I was unaware of any price changes. When I bought mine, it was $30. It looks like it's up to $40 now. Not sure how all that works, but I don't think they'd lower the price to get rid of some revision 1 duds. Or, at least I hope not.

The price is not what made me get this case. I just want a well made SLIM leather folio case. This is the only one out there.

I was going to order the Vaja Libretto, but I hate the texture of the leather they are using - it looks like small scaled crocodile skin (too garish for my taste). If it came in a nice smooth more minimalist version, I would have gotten it.

SmittS
May 3, 2011, 08:07 PM

The leather is shiny and does still smell some on the rev 2. The smell goes away in a day or so.

troyhouse
May 3, 2011, 08:09 PM
the one we bought over the weekend for 14$ from amazon, clearly says that it is the latest version for ipad 2. specifications:

-Newest Version allows front cover to be folded all the way to the back cover in reading position without activating sleep mode. Built-in magnets automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad.
-Completely interior and exterior with soft real leather and scratch protection
100% Long Lasting Premium Genuine Leather, First layer of natural cowhide leather (High Quality);

Reviews:

This review is for the revision 2 Yoobao case for the iPad 2. I did not own a revision 1 but I frequent some Apple forums so I've familiar with the issues with revision 1.

To comment on the changes made from Rev. 1 to Rev. 2:

Upon opening the box and bag I noticed a bit of a chemical smell along with a leather smell. This smell wasn't overpowering like I've heard described in the Rev. 1 case. After a day, the chemical smell has completely gone and all I smell is leather. Very nice.

The other issue with the first revision of this case was the iPad would sleep if the front cover was folded all the way back. I use this case primarily in landscape with the cover folded back flush. I haven't had one occurrence of the case putting the iPad to sleep in this position. I have attempted to replicate this by pressing on the case to no avail. Very nice again. 2 for 2.

Sowelu
May 3, 2011, 08:11 PM
The leather is shiny and does still smell some on the rev 2. The smell goes away in a day or so.

Hmmm, this is interesting then. I've seen and read several reviews where the reviewer stated that there was just a normal leather smell. The odor coming from this case is clearly synthetic and chemical based, not leather.

Also, there are many well lit pictured of this case and they show a more matte look to the leather. Maybe it's just the angle and lighting?

Sowelu
May 3, 2011, 08:19 PM
So, I just stumbled upon this quick review of the Revision 2 case. Look at the leather, it looks like a nice pliable high quality matte finish. Not what mine looks like (it's got a bit more shine).

Also, check out what the reviewer said about the box that the revision 2 case comes in. Mine shows the old Chinese markings, not the new 'Yoobao' marking. What does all of yours show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjpcQ2LS8E

Maybe this doesn't actually mean anything at all. Maybe the matte finish as seen in these reviews is just due to lighting, and maybe Yoobao is using different packaging at random?

SmittS
May 3, 2011, 08:37 PM
So, I just stumbled upon this quick review of the Revision 2 case. Look at the leather, it looks like a nice pliable high quality matte finish. Not what mine looks like (it's got a bit more shine).

Also, check out what the reviewer said about the box that the revision 2 case comes in. Mine shows the old Chinese markings, not the new 'Yoobao' marking. What does all of yours show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjpcQ2LS8E

Maybe this doesn't actually mean anything at all. Maybe the matte finish as seen in these reviews is just due to lighting, and maybe Yoobao is using different packaging at random?

May be something to it then. The reviewer folds the case back and can slip and slide the 2 halves. My material is very tacky and cannot slip. It sticks to my glass table.

I'm requesting an exchange because my case arrived with a small indention in the front cover. I've tried to ignore it but it's very annoying.

gigaguy
May 3, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm gonna be mad if they sold me 3 of the version 1s using the version 2 description to do it. I knew it was odd to drop the price to $14 but I had read that ayl has a good reputation and figured they would not do a bait and switch type deal.

pinkoos
May 3, 2011, 08:48 PM
i have the same problem in brown color i've mentioned earlier from this thread, my replacement has the same problem, and believe me-i've pushed the ipad really hard trying to align it. tried the OP's way of putting heavy books on top of it as well, but it didn't help much. below picture for those interested.

Yup, my black one looks EXACTLY like yours in the pics you provided. Granted I don't anticipate using the headphones that much, but when I do I know I will be irritated if they don't fit properly and make proper contact with the leads/terminals.

isitthecase
May 3, 2011, 09:28 PM
I tried to tell you that those had to be aired out version 1s there was about a 40 % failure. Rate with the sleep wake. These cases wholesale at $18 plus shipping and customs. No way they could sell for $14 and not to mention Amazon seller fees. So why not dump your old stock minimize your loss hope for a smaller return rate and get a nice tax break. Great business move and still look good to your customers, I love it
Business 101

MMakoto
May 3, 2011, 09:31 PM
I'm gonna be mad if they sold me 3 of the version 1s using the version 2 description to do it. I knew it was odd to drop the price to $14 but I had read that ayl has a good reputation and figured they would not do a bait and switch type deal.

it's rather hard for me to believe that he's pulling this kinda bait and switch type, cuz i've had nothing but great customer service with him. i've had the v1 case, returned and got refunded in a very timely fashion. then i got the v2, but i asked for an exchange due to the poor fit issue. he shipped out the replacement the 2nd day from my request WITHOUT even asking me to send back the old one. the replacement had the same fit issue and magnets weren't working properly, + quality issue. he gave me a prepaid return label and i shipped it back, got my refund AND a free case with a little fit issue.

OceanView
May 4, 2011, 12:03 AM
UPDATE:

Just checked the mail box and was surprised to see the Yoobao case there.
Guess I was expecting a UPS shipment.
I can verify that the case that I got is the updated version 2 and the best part is I only paid $14. What a deal! Thank you AYL!

It only smells very little if I put my nose to it, hope that it goes away in a few days. The sleep function does not trigger when I fold the cover all the way back.
The case is very soft and feels like a quality product.
All the openings on my black case lines up and the front lid closes flat.
The only thing that I can think of as being negative is the inside flap.
It's kinda small so it feels like it may not keep the iPad secure but I will keep an eye on it and see if it moves over time.

Even though I got a great price, I would have paid the current price for the quality is really nice and well worth it.
For those that are siting on the fence, go for it you won't be disappointed.

thadoggfather
May 4, 2011, 12:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BfI5x.jpg

just got this case, does anyone else's align like this? seems slightly off (and I can't push the Ipad in anymore, it wont budge). It was problematic (and didnt work with my PX100's) without taking it out of the case.

is this normal or should i contact them?

phantomsd
May 4, 2011, 12:34 AM
Doggfather... Mine is pushed in all the way and the mic doesn't quite line up... The headphone jack is a little off too... All other openings are perfect. Weird. Debating whether to send it back as well.

Front camera isn't centered with the "notch" either.

mac jones
May 4, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry folks, bu this is the worst junk I've ever seen. LOL

OceanView
May 4, 2011, 01:53 AM
For those having alignment issues, have you tried inserting the iPad at a slight angle?

isitthecase
May 4, 2011, 03:51 AM
Very has three color bars on the bottom corner of the box black red brown. Ver2 does not have those markings on the box.

UPDATE:

Just checked the mail box and was surprised to see the Yoobao case there.
Guess I was expecting a UPS shipment.
I can verify that the case that I got is the updated version 2 and the best part is I only paid $14. What a deal! Thank you AYL!

It only smells very little if I put my nose to it, hope that it goes away in a few days. The sleep function does not trigger when I fold the cover all the way back.
The case is very soft and feels like a quality product.
All the openings on my black case lines up and the front lid closes flat.
The only thing that I can think of as being negative is the inside flap.
It's kinda small so it feels like it may not keep the iPad secure but I will keep an eye on it and see if it moves over time.

Even though I got a great price, I would have paid the current price for the quality is really nice and well worth it.
For those that are siting on the fence, go for it you won't be disappointed.

ckh321
May 4, 2011, 09:10 AM
Today I received my brown case (yay), but when I put the front cover all the way to the back, then it activates the sleep/wake (boo!). Smell is alright, but the malfunction regarding the front is really annoying as I usually hold my iPad in the reading position. Any tips what I should do about this to solve it?

skaterboy
May 4, 2011, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have a screen shot of the new verse old box? I wonder if that will be helpful, clearly many of us purchased these from the $14.00 special, its clear some are getting rev 2 and it seems other the older one. Mine is on its way ups and shipped from California going to NY. It seems it did not ship from Amazon so Im not sure if that is a good or bad sign of whats to come?

pinkoos
May 4, 2011, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have a screen shot of the new verse old box? I wonder if that will be helpful, clearly many of us purchased these from the $14.00 special, its clear some are getting rev 2 and it seems other the older one. Mine is on its way ups and shipped from California going to NY. It seems it did not ship from Amazon so Im not sure if that is a good or bad sign of whats to come?

According to the Youtube review linked a bit higher in this thread, the old one will have Chinese characters on the top edge/flap of the box whereas the revision has "Yoobao" in English.

skaterboy
May 4, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you, I will post pics when mine arrives. I still find it hard to believe Amazon would tolerate someone doing a bait and switch. This seller is not even showing the rev 1 cases online so it would take some nerve to send them out as rev 2 cases.

madat42
May 4, 2011, 11:01 AM
According to the Youtube review linked a bit higher in this thread, the old one will have Chinese characters on the top edge/flap of the box whereas the revision has "Yoobao" in English.

I'll verify that. My rev. 2 case came with no Chinese characters on the top flap of the box. In fact, there are no Chinese characters on it. The first version's box had characters on the top and back.

isitthecase
May 4, 2011, 11:30 AM
The ver 2 box also doesn't have the 3 color bars on the front bottom right of the box as the ver 1 box did

Sowelu
May 4, 2011, 12:34 PM
If I were to speculate (not saying this is actually the case), maybe they are testing and airing out the original versions that do not have the magnet Ďshut off when folded backí issue and passing them as the Ďlatestí version. Maybe they figured that if they smelled less potent and the sleep/awake feature worked as advertised, people wouldnít notice (and I am sure most wonít Ė us OCD Techno Geeks are not the norm).

The one that I received does not have this magnet issue, but it stinks and the leather feels cheap. I know itís only a $40 case, but can ALL the reviewers be wrong about how much nicer the leather feels on the new revision?

Also, as shown in that YouTube video I linked in my previous post, my box is consistent with the Ďoriginalí version of this case. AYL responded to my email and was a bit vague in terms of which version they think I received, but they are willing to replace it Ė so Iíll see what happens next. They said that both newer and older models are shipped in the same box, so I donít think they ever noticed the small differences. I didnít cite them in fear of them swapping boxes.

I told them that Iíd only go for a replacement if they can guarantee that Itíll be the revision 2 Ė Iíve not heard back from them yet, but itís only 1:30pm on the East Coast. All of the openings on my case align perfectly, so letís hope this is also true for the replacement.

Buying a nice case with few flaws for the iPad 2 has turned out to be quite the challenge. Iíd gladly pay $100 for this case with matte premium good smelling leather, better stitching, a better fold-in tuck and a cover that not only allows for the sleep/awake function, but actually STAYS CLOSED until lifted. Using stonger magnets to make this possible seems like a no-brainer to me.

jmthigpen
May 4, 2011, 01:31 PM
If I were to speculate (not saying this is actually the case), maybe they are testing and airing out the original versions that do not have the magnet Ďshut off when folded backí issue and passing them as the Ďlatestí version. Maybe they figured that if they smelled less potent and the sleep/awake feature worked as advertised, people wouldnít notice (and I am sure most wonít Ė us OCD Techno Geeks are not the norm).

The one that I received does not have this magnet issue, but it stinks and the leather feels cheap. I know itís only a $40 case, but can ALL the reviewers be wrong about how much nicer the leather feels on the new revision?

Also, as shown in that YouTube video I linked in my previous post, my box is consistent with the Ďoriginalí version of this case. AYL responded to my email and was a bit vague in terms of which version they think I received, but they are willing to replace it Ė so Iíll see what happens next. They said that both newer and older models are shipped in the same box, so I donít think they ever noticed the small differences. I didnít cite them in fear of them swapping boxes.

I told them that Iíd only go for a replacement if they can guarantee that Itíll be the revision 2 Ė Iíve not heard back from them yet, but itís only 1:30pm on the East Coast. All of the openings on my case align perfectly, so letís hope this is also true for the replacement.

Buying a nice case with few flaws for the iPad 2 has turned out to be quite the challenge. Iíd gladly pay $100 for this case with matte premium good smelling leather, better stitching, a better fold-in tuck and a cover that not only allows for the sleep/awake function, but actually STAYS CLOSED until lifted. Using stonger magnets to make this possible seems like a no-brainer to me.

check out the Maroo cases - well made and excellent protection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvZi18yYrQ

doxielover
May 4, 2011, 02:51 PM
Isn't this the same as the Yoobao case with Acase stamped on the right lower corner?

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Genuine-Leather-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B004UDC5OM/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1304550455&sr=1-7

isitthecase
May 4, 2011, 06:30 PM
Isn't this the same as the Yoobao case with Acase stamped on the right lower corner?

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Genuine-Leather-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B004UDC5OM/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1304550455&sr=1-7

Cracks me up how AYL always shows list price like at $80 then sells at $20 like the case really sells for $80 you save 99% lmao

Sowelu
May 4, 2011, 07:45 PM
check out the Maroo cases - well made and excellent protection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvZi18yYrQ
Thanks for the link. I am not really into their style, and it looks like their cases are more bulky than they need to be. I prefer the device to be wrapped in a tight leather skin.

As for my Yoobao Case - the smell was giving me a headache, so I had to finally take the iPad out, throw the case back in the box and go back to the SmartCover.

I've still not heard back from AYL. This whole revision thing is very shady. Did everyone check their 'revision 2' case boxes? Let us know what the top portion shows (Chinese symbols, or 'YOOBAO.COM').

isitthecase
May 4, 2011, 08:29 PM
Got my replacement today and I am sending it back for a full refund it wound up being ver1 that they replace my rev 1 with. I won't be doing business with them anymore. Check your boxes people

madat42
May 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
...Iíd gladly pay $100 for this case with matte premium good smelling leather, better stitching, a better fold-in tuck and a cover that not only allows for the sleep/awake function, but actually STAYS CLOSED until lifted. Using stonger magnets to make this possible seems like a no-brainer to me.

If you keep buying Yoobao's revisions, you'll end up paying $100 (or more), but you may actually get the case you want. Just a thought.:o

Xeryuslee
May 4, 2011, 11:23 PM
Also bought for $14. Got 2nd revision. Box flap has no Chinese characters. Top flap says yoobao. Bottom flap says www.yoobao.com. But earphone opening is misaligned and makes plugging in headphone difficult. I think with all the troubles finding an acceptable case, I am just gonna keep this for $14 plus shipping.

isitthecase
May 4, 2011, 11:48 PM
If you keep buying Yoobao's revisions, you'll end up paying $100 (or more), but you may actually get the case you want. Just a thought.:o

And when you get the case you thought you wanted you'll want another, case closed. Lol

ckh321
May 5, 2011, 02:30 AM
Crap, I have received the first version. My box had Chinese characters on it and three strips on the lower right side. I've emailed Obostore about this and they replied with this:

"Hi

the item you receive maybe faulty which was not designed well. You may return for replacement

thanks"

Right. I emailed to ask for a replacement before I'm sending them the present case back. I'm not trusting this company about this as their website clearly said "newer version", but instead they tried to ship me the inferior version.

SmittS
May 5, 2011, 07:48 AM
For the people that say their headphone port isn't lining up:

PUSH IT IN FURTHER!

It's not easy the first time but it will go all the way in and everything will line up. Push harder you fairies. The leather will stretch. My God. If the leather was too loose you people would be bitching about that. Now that it's tight nothing lines up.

skaterboy
May 5, 2011, 07:59 AM
Question for those who ordered the $14 case from AYL, did yours ship USPS or UPS? Mine i son its way by USPS which tells me its shipped by the seller direct and not fulfilled by Amazon as they only use UPS. My case left from Anaheim. It should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll post a pic to see if I have a rev 1 or rev 2 case. It appears these are coming right from the seller it may be they are unloading rev 1 cases. It would make sense Amazon is fulfilling with only rev 2 cases. Perhaps I'm reading to much into this but either way it seems strange so many of you are getting rev 1 cases this week.