Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckh321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I just saw this case and was wondering if anybody know something about it. It is one of the few white cases that I've seen plus it comes with a stylus. I do find some reviews about the Ozaki iCoat Versatile, but in my opinion the Notebook version is a lot better. Price of it was €60, so it was quite pricey regarding an unknown case. Link to the website: http://www.ozaki.us/en/2011/ic893_icoatnotebook/

Does anybody know anything about this case? Also, I don't think this case has the sleep/wake option as the website or the packaging didn't say anything about it

ckh321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Apparantly nobody every heard of this case. I'm going to try and buy it this weekend and I will let you guys know if it is something worthwhile (if not, then it goes back to the shop and hopefully something beter will come)

ckh321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Bought the case (along with a Belkin Slim Folio Red as I was also interested in that one) and using it for a day now. In short, the case is quite nice (no wake/sleep magnets unfortunately) and the colour is is perfect for the iPad, but it is expensive (€60) and I do have the feeling that the case can get dirty very easily. Also, when you open the case and hold the cover around the back, then it sticks out a bit on the side plus the pen that is included is in the way so the cover doesn't stay flat.

For looks I would say this cover is 5 out of 5 stars. The white case really looks good on a white iPad.

For functionality it's more like 3 out of 5. It does its job, but the little flap at the backside to hold the cover in movie-viewing style is too little so the cover get out of it too easily.

For price it is 1 out of 5 (in my opinion its too expensive for a fake-leather case even though there is a stylus included).

In overall it's 3 out of 5 stars, but if looks are important for you and the price is not, then I would say get it if you got a white iPad, because it really looks very nice. My girlfriend says I should keep this case, but I'm not so sure as I'm also thinking about the Yoobao case (why aren't they making that one in white?)

By the way, the Belkin case is returned as the material of that one is like the apple iPad 1 case, but the sturdyness and the finish is worse even though the prices are the same. Why didn't Apple make a full case for the iPad 2?!

Pics:

Backside
k3my2v.jpg

Frontside
2u8fqiu.jpg

Open
13zsxgn.jpg

Side
2iuaviw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Here is the one and only reason I would not be caught dead with this case:
The Logo on the back!
I mean what where these folks thinking, its attractive?
People will want to march around with it in business meetings and take me seriously!
Come on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.