PDA

View Full Version : How to remove iSight?

heljy
Mar 3, 2005, 11:48 PM
I currently have the iSight mouning on my LCD display. Its the one with double-sided tape and its glued pretty tightly. I am planning to sell my LCD, how can I remove the mounting without damaging both the display and the mounting??

IJ Reilly
Mar 4, 2005, 04:04 AM
Very carefully. :)

Seriously, I wanted to move mine to a better location on my 17" Studio Display. The mounting bracket came off eventually, with steady, gentle pressure. Hate that sticky tape though. Bad idea.

angelneo
Mar 4, 2005, 04:43 AM
How about using some lighter fluid? They works great on sticky stuff

heljy
Mar 4, 2005, 01:27 PM
Well, i managed to get mine off. I guess there's really no scientific way to remove them. I just yank and yank and it came off pretty cleanly. It was pretty scary though, the plastic mounting seems like its going to break or something. I am not sure if I can still reuse the tape for my new monitor, but at least there was no residue on the old one. But then again, I only had it on for less than 1 month, so maybe that matters?

livingfortoday
Mar 4, 2005, 02:45 PM
How about using some lighter fluid? They works great on sticky stuff

There's this great stuff called "Goo Gone" that gets rid of sticky stuff, and could loosen it up first. It won't damage the screen, either, and I've used it on my iBook before to clean up the case.

Lighter fluid... that just sounds dangerous on a monitor.