PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried CopperRiver bags?

W1MRK
Apr 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
Curious if anyone has tried these bags for the iPad?

Thoughts on them would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

www.CopperriverBags.com

bluedukies8
Apr 14, 2011, 01:04 PM
My friend just ordered a bag from them on their eBay site. He was not happy at all with their customer service. Their listing stated that shipping would take 7-10 days. He contacted them on the 11th day asking if it was going to ship soon and they told him that his bag was is the the crafting stage and was close to going into the "building" stage.

Needless to say it took him a month to get his bag and had to deal with sarcastic and nonprofessional emails through out. He likes the bag, just not happy with everything along the way. Maybe buying from their direct website might help, but not from what I have heard. I saw one other person post in a different thread about how when they emailed him they made it a point to make sure he knew about their 100 year warranty.

Just thought I would share what I have heard. :)

W1MRK
Apr 14, 2011, 01:20 PM
Wow Ok Thanks. I think I will re think this.

kellen
Apr 14, 2011, 02:47 PM
Check the thread about Manly bags for the iPad. Some people have bought one. Generally happy, but they are on the small size from what they said.

SMacDuff
Apr 14, 2011, 04:09 PM
Would never buy an iPad-specific bag but I love the look of the CopperRiver bags and just now pulled the trigger (thanks, W1MRK!!!) on a brown Voyager All Purpose bag that fits both my 15" MBP and my ipad2 w/Smart Cover attached. I'll review it once it arrives if anyone is interested.

W1MRK
Apr 14, 2011, 04:12 PM
I have a old Victornox Web Manager case from 2001 i never used I think I will just use that even if its made for 13" it has a laptop sleeve. I liked the looks of it but it looks like I do not have much extra room.

brudog68
Apr 14, 2011, 09:23 PM
I got the "iPad messenger bag" in brown...nice bag,good quality,rugged etc...but I'm sending it back IF they ever send my requested "return authorization". Bought mine straight from their website...ordering and shipping was as advertised...but it's been a week since I sent the email requesting return authorization.

Just turned out I'll have to continue lugging a bigger briefcase/bag with me all the time anyway, so I'd rarely use this smaller bag, otherwise I liked it.

A few things I didn't like...3 straps, to snap and buckle, just to open it seemed a little much...none of the pockets/sections are gusseted ,so fat stuff doesn't fit well:D...and still waiting to see about the customer service.

Want a good deal? Lol

W1MRK
Apr 14, 2011, 09:29 PM
I got the "iPad messenger bag" in brown...nice bag,good quality,rugged etc...but I'm sending it back IF they ever send my requested "return authorization". Bought mine straight from their website...ordering and shipping was as advertised...but it's been a week since I sent the email requesting return authorization.

Yeah that seems like a long time to wait and the more I hear about them no-one seems to be Thrilled. I think I will stick to what I have. Thanks all.