PDA

View Full Version : Marware Microshell Follio - Any news on when avaialble?

OSUCowboys88
Apr 14, 2011, 03:00 PM
I love that the folio has magnets like the smart cover. I hope it comes out soon - anyone heard anything?

Mark

Nightz
Apr 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
Looks like they'll be shipping their stuff on Monday according to their Facebook page.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 14, 2011, 04:09 PM
They'll be shipping it first week in April - I have an email from them (mid March) promising me that! :D

JustCrusin
Apr 23, 2011, 07:42 AM
Anyone receive this yet? Super anxious to hear feedback.

ZBoater
Apr 24, 2011, 03:44 PM
Adorama is advertising these at $35 free shipping. Ordered two before someone figured out it was probably a mistake. :D Says it ships April 30th.

jedolley
Apr 24, 2011, 05:05 PM
Adorama is advertising these at $35 free shipping. Ordered two before someone figured out it was probably a mistake. :D Says it ships April 30th.

This is actually a price increase as they were originally $29.99. I have an order at that price, but will probably cancel.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

onehotchili
Apr 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
i just received my Microshell Folio (pre-ordered directly from Marware). And this one is a keeper.

i have had and returned several cases like the Portenzo and the Incase Magazine Jacket. i just wanted something light, thin, and simple.... and this case fits the bill with all three. i also wanted the magnet smart cover option....

anyhow, i am sure people will start receiving theirs the next couple of days or so :)

thomahawk0
Apr 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
My wife received her case as well this afternoon

Mdifilm
Apr 25, 2011, 04:06 PM
I got mine, I was debating if I should peel off the juststickin skin but decided to just try it without peeling it off, it works, to make it snug easier, just make sure the long part is slided in first and then press and snug the two other corners, it worked for me.

mac-spy
Apr 25, 2011, 04:27 PM
Fellows,

Any pic or review to share? How's the quality? I am still waiting for mine (different vendor) and wonder whether I should keep waiting or just stick with the Incipio feather case.

Thanks,

frankiepdx
Apr 25, 2011, 04:29 PM
fellows,

any pic or review to share? How's the quality? I am still waiting for mine (different vendor) and wonder whether i should keep waiting or just stick with the incipio feather case.

Thanks,

+1

string3599
Apr 25, 2011, 06:20 PM
Fellows,

Any pic or review to share? How's the quality? I am still waiting for mine (different vendor) and wonder whether I should keep waiting or just stick with the Incipio feather case.

Thanks,

This.

Stangs55
Apr 25, 2011, 06:39 PM
+1

+12

JustCrusin
Apr 27, 2011, 09:37 AM
Any pictures / video review of this yet?

silverblack
Apr 28, 2011, 03:07 PM
fellows,

any pic or review to share? How's the quality? I am still waiting for mine (different vendor) and wonder whether i should keep waiting or just stick with the incipio feather case.

Thanks,

+14

gordita
Apr 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
We've been so spoilt with some of the recent youtube reviews that it's almost a given to expect one for every new case going fwd...lol

thomahawk0
Apr 28, 2011, 10:17 PM
Here are some pictures that I took this evening of my wife's Microshell Folio. Overall, she loves the protection it provides and the slightly rubberized feel on the back helps when holding the iPad 2. Her only complaints were that the cover seems more flimsy than the Smart Cover and the two holding ridges on the back were larger than expected, but don't bother her when typing on a flat surface, especially with the cover folded back. The ridges on Marware's website look indented in the close-up. More pictures to come in a minute...

Edit: My wife said that the low profile makes the case feel like it isn't even attached. Also, the screen has a PowerSupport Crystal film on it and the fit is still perfect

thomahawk0
Apr 28, 2011, 10:19 PM
More pictures...

ccozmo
Apr 28, 2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the review and photos :)

What about the smart cover functionality ? Are the magnets strong enough to keep the cover closed ? Even if you hold it upside down ?

Where the cover attaches doesn't seem to have any hinges, how does folding the cover back affect it ? Do you think it would weaken or bend out of shape over time ?

briankeith513
Apr 29, 2011, 12:46 AM
Looking at these pics, I'm glad I didn't get this product. Why does it leave so much exposed? The top and bottom. The Belkin Snap Shield has cut outs for all ports, and nothing else exposed.

JustCrusin
Apr 29, 2011, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the pictures...but for some reason I can't see them. Is anyone else having issues seeing them?

doubledown7d
Apr 29, 2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the great pics. Good job on the lighting and focus btw :-) contrast and color look very natural (sorry, it's the photog in me). I also wanted to know about the cover. Does the strength of the magnets keep it closed, or does it flop open too easily? I love the slim look of this case but edge protection looks iffy. If you had a skin on the back of the IP2 I think it would be excellent.

pinkoos
Apr 29, 2011, 09:10 AM
My wife received her case as well this afternoon

Where did you buy it from?

thomahawk0
Apr 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the review and photos :)

What about the smart cover functionality ? Are the magnets strong enough to keep the cover closed ? Even if you hold it upside down ?

Where the cover attaches doesn't seem to have any hinges, how does folding the cover back affect it ? Do you think it would weaken or bend out of shape over time ?

The magnets are NOT strong enough to hold the cover on. the cover stays closed in most scenarios unless you're holding it upside down, which is quite awkward even without the case on it. The cover has a synthetic leathery type hinge on it. See picture DSC_310.

Thanks for the pictures...but for some reason I can't see them. Is anyone else having issues seeing them?

I'm still seeing them just fine!

Thanks for the great pics. Good job on the lighting and focus btw :-) contrast and color look very natural (sorry, it's the photog in me). I also wanted to know about the cover. Does the strength of the magnets keep it closed, or does it flop open too easily? I love the slim look of this case but edge protection looks iffy. If you had a skin on the back of the IP2 I think it would be excellent.

Thanks!! I like to think that I know what I'm doing, but I'm definitely far from a professional! Other answers see above except I'm not sure if you could get this on with a skin on the back. It's a pretty tight fit as it is.

Where did you buy it from?

Unfortunately, we paid the high price on Marware's website, but did use the 10% off coupon for signing up ahead of ordering. Ordered it while it was still listed as pre-ordered and received it a few days after they started shipping it (via their facebook announcement)

bigwinnerx
Apr 29, 2011, 10:14 AM
Pictures don't seem to load in atomic on the iPad. They load in safari though.

King Julian
May 2, 2011, 01:14 PM
Good pictures Thomahawk, it looks a nice case , I like the case myself but I am unsure, however at $69 direct from Marware it's rather saucy price for a polycarbonate case.

silverblack
May 17, 2011, 12:01 PM

Hi ZBoater, did your order from Adorama come through. Is the case same as the one in photos (directly from Marware)?

kingalien
May 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
Hi ZBoater, did your order from Adorama come through. Is the case same as the one in photos (directly from Marware)?

I ordered from Adorama too and prior to 4/24/11 but it has always been on backorder. I've since moved on and canceled the order just this past Saturday.

silverblack
May 17, 2011, 01:30 PM
I ordered from Adorama too and prior to 4/24/11 but it has always been on backorder. I've since moved on and canceled the order just this past Saturday.

Thanks! Looks like Marware themselves are the only one selling these at the moment. I really don't want to pay $70 + $27 shipping to Canada :(

3goldens
May 25, 2011, 12:20 AM
Gleemobile.com will get it to ya fast man

They are with out a doubt the tops accessory dealer in the us of a!

I buy nowhere else now!

atomicbatteries
May 25, 2011, 12:39 AM
I am going to lookin into one of these for sure!