PDA

View Full Version : Folding Smart Cover all the way around..?!?

cinca
Apr 14, 2011, 04:17 PM
Stupid question maybe someone with a minute of spare time can answer..

Does your smart cover rotate all the way around and attach as one single flat piece to the back of your ipad2?

Someone mentioned this in an earlier thread and I'm wondering if mind is defective because the magnets are definitely not strong enough. It will KINDA hold on the the back but the least bit of movement or even gripping down on anything other than the outside edge causes the edge to flip open..

I am flipping my smart cover "in half" and the magnets make quick work of snapping together and holding together nicely and it makes for a decent way to hold it.. But I do have lingering curiosity if there is something wrong with my smart cover..

Even the new iPad 2 super guide seems to show a photo if the smart cover working in a way that my cover clearly does not.. (photo attached)

Can anyone share their experience..? Does anyones smart cover rotate all the way around and firmly snap onto the back in a single, flat surface..?

gr8tfly
Apr 14, 2011, 04:21 PM
Nope. Same as yours. At best, it will weakly attach.

I either fold it in half, microfiber in, or just remove it if I'm going to be using the iPad for a while.

Blorzoga
Apr 14, 2011, 07:00 PM
Stupid question maybe someone with a minute of spare time can answer..

Does your smart cover rotate all the way around and attach as one single flat piece to the back of your ipad2?

Someone mentioned this in an earlier thread and I'm wondering if mind is defective because the magnets are definitely not strong enough. It will KINDA hold on the the back but the least bit of movement or even gripping down on anything other than the outside edge causes the edge to flip open..

I am flipping my smart cover "in half" and the magnets make quick work of snapping together and holding together nicely and it makes for a decent way to hold it.. But I do have lingering curiosity if there is something wrong with my smart cover..

Even the new iPad 2 super guide seems to show a photo if the smart cover working in a way that my cover clearly does not.. (photo attached)

Can anyone share their experience..? Does anyones smart cover rotate all the way around and firmly snap onto the back in a single, flat surface..?

No, there's nothing wrong with your smart cover. It's designed to be worthless.