PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about the Speck FitFolio. Poorly made.

jdminpdx
Apr 14, 2011, 10:31 PM
I was all for this case. And now I am annoyed and irritated with the quality. I went through two of these and had the exact same problem before finally getting my money back. See picture below. The interior felt was coming apart at where the case bends and the flap folds back behind the iPad when in use. I thought the first one was defective and got another. A day later the second one did the same thing. I use my iPad day in and day out and the build can't hold up to normal use. Lame.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Wnt2Prtct/a37268ec.jpg

psychonaut
Apr 14, 2011, 10:34 PM
I was all for this case. And now I am annoyed and irritated with the quality. I went through two of these and had the exact same problem before finally getting my money back. See picture below. The interior felt was coming apart at where the case bends and the flap folds back behind the iPad when in use. I thought the first one was defective and got another. A day later the second one did the same thing. I use my iPad day in and day out and the build can't hold up to normal use. Lame.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Wnt2Prtct/a37268ec.jpg

This is exactly the problem I had with the one I bought. Needless to say I plan to return it as well.

jdminpdx
Apr 14, 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm not surprised. Going through 2 with the same issue and now hearing that you've had the issue makes me suspect that others will soon be chiming in as well. I've hit up Speck for a response.

jdminpdx
Apr 15, 2011, 03:20 PM
I spoke with Speck and this isn't normal as someone pointed out. :rolleyes:

molly1
Apr 15, 2011, 05:08 PM
Same issue as others. Will return ASAP

ani23
Apr 15, 2011, 06:16 PM
From my experience speck is pretty great with customer service. I got two back to back bad iPhone cases which didn't have working volume buttons. Finally they just overnighted me two cases when I ordered only one and said keep all of em.

jdminpdx
Apr 16, 2011, 01:02 AM
From my experience speck is pretty great with customer service. I got two back to back bad iPhone cases which didn't have working volume buttons. Finally they just overnighted me two cases when I ordered only one and said keep all of em.

Speck took absolutely wonderful care of me. I'm very pleased with their CS.

solace
Apr 19, 2011, 09:41 PM
not experiencing this with mine yet *knock on wood*

jdminpdx
Apr 19, 2011, 10:56 PM
So Speck was wonderful and sent me a free replacement and any iPhone 4 case I wanted. They arrived today and the FitFolio, my 3rd, has the same problem! And I hadn't even used it! Right out of the box. I'm sorry but I would steer clear.

freeman727
Apr 21, 2011, 09:13 AM
I am glad this post was made, I was about to get the fitfolio for the ipad 2 I have on order.

bobbyrab
Apr 21, 2011, 10:58 AM
I have a Speck product on my i-Touch and it has not worn well at all. Based upon my experience I would not buy another Speck product. They may look cool, but their quality control remains suspect in my eyes.