PDA

View Full Version : Image Processing in iPhone

rickjackson
Apr 15, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hello to all,

Actually I am adding Image Processing Feature in my iPhone Application It should do Brightness, Contrast, Sharpen, Exposure....

But i am not able to Find any article/Tutorial on the Internet. Will you please help me to find any tutorial or tell me how can i implement the iPhone View Based Application.

I have found 1 link http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/10094-adjust-image-brightness-contrast-fly.html its worked also for Brightness but its not working on iPad.

So Suggest something that i can start with my Image Processing Logic.

Thanks

Rick Jackson

firewood
Apr 15, 2011, 04:00 AM
Image from camera or from a file?

Do you want to get an the raw RGB bitmap values, and apply some 2D mathematical filtering functions using the Accelerate framework and/or your own DSP code, or try doing something with the GPU?

Do you want to work in the RGB, YUV or HSV (or some other) color space?

rickjackson
Apr 15, 2011, 04:18 AM
Image from camera or from a file?

Do you want to get an the raw RGB bitmap values, and apply some 2D mathematical filtering functions using the Accelerate framework and/or your own DSP code, or try doing something with the GPU?

Do you want to work in the RGB, YUV or HSV (or some other) color space?

Hey FireWood Thanks For reply....

What my functionality is My Iphone will capture a Picture then it will shown in the screen a menu will be provided for INCREASE BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, SATURATION, HUE ETC.

Since i am a newbie i am not getting what is raw RGB bitmap values etc u suggest me what should i do and then i will implement the same.

Thanks

Rick Jackson

firewood
Apr 15, 2011, 07:52 PM
I suggest a good textbook on video and image processing so that you understand the terminology, data types and algorithms that you may need.

Too many people ask for a programming solution without finding out that it's a standard textbook subject or maybe a typical graduate student term project.