PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 12" Rev D DVI to Video Adaptor Problem

antrabbit
Mar 4, 2005, 10:04 AM
I'm trying to display my Mac on a PAL television. I got a Mini DVI to Video adaptor but I can't get it to work. There doesn't seem to be any way to tell my Mac that I have a PAL television. I have a feeling the adaptor isn't working properly.

I have plugged the Powerbook into a VGA monitor using the VGA adaptor and that worked fine.

Is there a box in OSX 10.3 to select NTSC or PAL, and if so where is it?

Thanks

Helmut Kool
Mar 4, 2005, 12:15 PM
When the computer is connected to a TV, you can choose between NTSC and PAL in system setting / displays. If the TV isn't recognized, the settings will not be available. If dual display mode is on, the settings window will be shown on the tv screen, so try pressing F7 to switch to mirroring. TV-out will work even if NTSC/PAL setting is wrong, but picture quality is better when the settings are correct.

antrabbit
Mar 5, 2005, 03:07 PM
I think the adaptor isn't working properly or the 10.3.8 update has done something to the graphics card as there was no NTSC/PAL settings choices under systems displays. I've taken the adaptor back to the shop and will get another on Monday and give it another go then.

Thanks for your help.