PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Flickr upload app that doesn't suck?

ilp
Apr 15, 2011, 10:03 AM
So angry!

I just want to upload my photos to Flickr with minimal pain. Why is this so hard.

Yahoo! Flickr app sucks. AT&T 3G network sucks. The Flickr app has all sorts of stupid little bugs in the upload screen, such that once you select the max of 5 images (why that max?!), the only reliable thing about that "upload" screen is that I can tag the images with a common set. Trying to add tags or descriptions to individual images is frustrating, as half the time the damn app forgets my inputs. WTF Yahoo!

Then, the actual upload, in the face of less than ideal AT&T 3G conditions (network sucks), often freezes. There's no way to pause and resume or force a retry. You think that a mobile application would be written with less-than-ideal mobile network conditions in mind! Hey, how about sending that image in chunks, or retrying more aggressively, or, heck, even let me pause the upload so that I can retry later! No, if the network becomes unavailable, it loses the current image.. "try again" ends up skipping the image and trying the rest. So I have to go to Settings to flick Airplane mode on and off to force a retry of the rest of the images, while losing the currently uploaded image. What is that? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Don't these people use these applications?

I bought MobileFotos a while back, but that still forces me to upload one image at a time, like it was the stone ages. So I have to click through image by image.

Please please please, can someone suggest a quality app for this? Willing to pay a few bucks.

njaremka
Apr 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
you can upload directly to your flickr page using email. go the m.flickr.com in safari, and click the "More" tab, then "Upload" and it will explain how to do it.

but, if you are that upset with flickr, why not find some other hosting site?

Keleko
Apr 15, 2011, 06:36 PM
Camera+ allows for multiple photo uploads to flickr. I don't use it often, but it doesn't seem to suck too much. I rarely use the yahoo app for flickr.

dr34mc4st3r
Apr 16, 2011, 04:01 AM
im using FlickStackr. works pretty well.