Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
i am pretty obsessed with some of the itunes streaming radio stations availible, ive read a few different things about ipods being able to record radio streams and what not, if anyone could tell me how to do this that would be just spectacular :)

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
It is not possible to record any radio streams on itunes. Although I have heard of no possible way.
You may be confused with "podcasting." Which is downloading independent radio shows to your mac and then loading them up to your ipod.

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
There are several 3rd party apps that will allow you to record the radio streams off iTunes and turn them into mp3's that can then be put on your iPod, it's just not a feature built into iTunes. If you do a search on VersionTracker you should find several apps. Just do a search for iTunes.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
is wiretap an app? if so where can i find it?, im pretty new to macs so i pretty much dont know anything, my first mac, an i book should be here tomorrow so i wanna jump on all this and get it setup how i want it

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
buryyourbrideau said:
is wiretap an app? if so where can i find it?, im pretty new to macs so i pretty much dont know anything, my first mac, an i book should be here tomorrow so i wanna jump on all this and get it setup how i want it

you can get wiretap here: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap

there used to be a free version, but im not sure its offered anymore. check out versiontracker.com and see if you can find it. even if not, the app is only $20, and its well worth it. its nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.