PDA

View Full Version : Best stylus for writing on ipad 1?

Theraker007
Apr 16, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hey guys, I'm just looking for a stylus so I can jot down dictations on my ipad instead of having to fumble with sheets of paper without clipboards (reason why is not important haha).

Anyone have a stylus recommendation that is thin enough to make handwriting legible on the ipad's drawing/writing apps?

Sixtafoua
Apr 16, 2011, 10:29 AM
There are many types of styluses and everyone has their own preference to which one they like best, so you may want to buy a few and see which one you like best. I think the Targus is good for handwriting, but if you want really precise accuracy, you should buy the Dagi stylus. Though, I think the targus is better for writing. And you should know it takes practice; drawing on the iPad is very different than drawing on paper. Also, some Styluses can be expensive. You may want to check eBay. eBay has some really cheap no-name styluses. You can get some for less than a dollar, and beware of resistive Styluses (make sure they say they work with the iPad).
Hope this helps :)

muymal
Apr 16, 2011, 10:33 AM
I have a targus and it's quite quick and smooth to write on. not 100% accurate but definitely works especially if you use zoom up writing.

Haven't heard a lot of good things about dagi, even though it has a dot in the clear head so you can see where you are making the mark, it's not very sensitive. but then i never tried it.

but +1 to targus.

other people seems to like boxwave or griffin which i think are same as targue with different branding?