PDA

View Full Version : Will you upgrade to Lion once it is available?




jmy2469
Apr 16, 2011, 04:12 PM
I have a new MBP on the way,will be here Tuesday,can't wait,first Mac ever. Anyway,wanted to see how many people will upgrade to Lion once it is available. I always try to keep up with all of the new products that are out. Once I get the hang of using the new MBP,I think I will upgrade.



ibis99
Apr 16, 2011, 04:19 PM
I have a new MBP on the way,will be here Tuesday,can't wait,first Mac ever. Anyway,wanted to see how many people will upgrade to Lion once it is available. I always try to keep up with all of the new products that are out. Once I get the hang of using the new MBP,I think I will upgrade.

Congrats on the new MBP! You'll love it.

As far as Lion is concerned, I'll need to see it first then I'll make my decision.

Benjamindaines
Apr 16, 2011, 04:24 PM
Yes. I was a little worried about performance on older machines with earlier builds, but now they're light on memory and snappy as hell.

dethmaShine
Apr 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
Congrats on the new MBP! You'll love it.

As far as Lion is concerned, I'll need to see it first then I'll make my decision.

Similar for me now. I am not very sure.

But looking at apple's prospects; it will be a must upgrade for anyone.

Penfold2711
Apr 16, 2011, 05:09 PM
Im unsure i have DP2 which is a lion cub growing day by day learning new things and i like it but i like iOS on iPhone and Mac OS X on my macbook however from what i have seen it works a bit of getting used to but it does work so yes i think i will be there to see my cub take its place in the pride

roadbloc
Apr 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
Not until I need to do something or get an App which requires it. Just like with Snow Leopard. I'm boring like that. Nor do I have the time to do upgrading for the sake of it.

maflynn
Apr 16, 2011, 05:25 PM
Given the anemic features, I'll probably avoid upgrading until an app I need requires it.

W1MRK
Apr 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
Yes. Planning on it.

zweigand
Apr 16, 2011, 06:51 PM
Will I update? If my Mac will run it, Yes.

QuarterSwede
Apr 16, 2011, 07:00 PM
Definitely, since it's one of the most feature rich and biggest changes to OS X.

Sodner
Apr 16, 2011, 07:01 PM
Oh yea. Can't wait!

Duff-Man
Apr 16, 2011, 07:18 PM
Duff-Man says....I'll buy a family pack upon release, install on my secondary computer (the MBP) and use it for a little bit, then when the "time is right" and everything looks okay I'll upgrade the other computers in the house....oh yeah!

mrsir2009
Apr 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
Not right away... but when its stable and everything that runs on SL runs on Lion then I will upgrade.

-BigMac-
Apr 16, 2011, 09:21 PM
Duff-Man says....I'll buy a family pack upon release, install on my secondary computer (the MBP) and use it for a little bit, then when the "time is right" and everything looks okay I'll upgrade the other computers in the house....oh yeah!

LOL! Duff mannn :eek:

paulsalter
Apr 23, 2011, 01:53 AM
Not going to upgrade until forced to (or when I get a new mac)

Haven't seen anything yet in lion that makes me want to upgrade

mrsir2009
Apr 23, 2011, 02:35 AM
Duff-Man says....I'll buy a family pack upon release, install on my secondary computer (the MBP) and use it for a little bit, then when the "time is right" and everything looks okay I'll upgrade the other computers in the house....oh yeah!

Lol duff man is an epic character:

"You can't fire me! What will happen to my children, Duff girl and, Duff lad?"

"Those were one off characters in a TV commercial"

"Oh yeah..."

Pressure
Apr 23, 2011, 03:16 AM
1. Check application compatibility.
2. Yes / No

Then wait until 10.7.5 until it is solid enough for a business environment.

Ommid
Apr 23, 2011, 04:08 AM
Will keep my tower on SL. Put my air on Lion.

ssmed
Apr 23, 2011, 04:23 AM
Then wait until 10.7.5 until it is solid enough for a business environment.

Yes, early adopters will pay a price and fill this forum with thousands of posts

When using an older machine its often worth only upgrading (at all) when you upgrade the computer.

mysterytramp
Apr 23, 2011, 06:01 AM
Versions has the potential of being the "killer app" that could make the upgrade worthwhile. I'd like to see it in action first, though.

Autosave sounds great but I wish they added it to System 7 20 years ago. (And btw, the System 7 20th anniversary is next month).

The new Mail looks nice.

Other than that, I'm not sure there's a lot here for me. I guess it depends on the price and the reviews.

mt

daneoni
Apr 23, 2011, 06:12 AM
I like what i'm seeing but will wait till it's stable/bug free.

mbp17xxx
Apr 23, 2011, 08:36 AM
if java is available, will upgrade ASAP.

cube
Apr 23, 2011, 08:38 AM
I want Rosetta.

I am not getting a mouse without buttons.

I want visible scrollbars.

lifeguard90
Apr 23, 2011, 09:27 AM
will Lion be majority appearance changes or will it have performance upgrades like snow leopard did? especially for graphics power ?system optimization


thanks

Dewroo
Apr 23, 2011, 10:28 AM
My experience with the beta was phenomenal, untill DP2 update 1. I had to install Tiger over lion, because lion became too unstable. the dock in my primary account would crash none stop. on startup.
and lion because my SL disks have not arrived in the mail yet.

I'm sure that i'll upgrade to lion when it's really out,
but let me just say, Tiger is incredibly fast compared to lion.
I wish i could have this speed all the time.

D;

hamis92
Apr 23, 2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think I'll upgrade right away. I did so when Leopard and Snow Leopard came out and there were always some little things that bugged me.

This time I'll wait 'til I hear what others think about it and then decide on what to do - lesson learned..

Mactrillionaire
Apr 23, 2011, 10:45 AM
My guess is Lion will break too many things that currently work (possibly including Rosetta and the way I use Spaces). Right now, it doesn't seem that I will be upgrading until it's necessary to do so. Some of the features do seem nice, but I'd prefer putting off the inconvenience of doing things differently until it is stable and compatible with most SL applications. If it is true that Rosetta does not come with Lion, I will definitely wait to upgrade until there is a reliable Rosetta emulator available. I don't know if Apple quite realizes how much software they are throwing out the window if the rumor is true that Rosetta will not be part of the final release.

Jhingha
Apr 23, 2011, 10:47 AM
Yes. ASAP.

GoKyu
Apr 23, 2011, 02:20 PM
As mch as I usually enjoy upgrading to the latest and greatest, I think I'll sit out until I find out if it's possible to revert to the old Spaces, or failing that, if there's another virtual window manager available...

Reasec
Apr 23, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yes.

maclaptop
Apr 24, 2011, 03:54 AM
Yes

Tensakun
Apr 24, 2011, 07:01 AM
Hell yeah. Actually, will probably get a MPB after they start coming with Lion preinstalled. Want to learn its quirks 'the hard way' from the ground up.