PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 or iPhone 5???

BlackMamba14
Apr 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
Getting my mother a gift. She is not very tech savvy and has the original iphone right now. Just wants a device for facetime, email, and web browsing. Which is more useful for her?

silverblack
Apr 16, 2011, 06:12 PM
I generally think it is a bad idea giving someone an iPhone for gift, because the monthly bills add up to be much more than the prize of the phone itself. iPad would be much more appropriate, as long as there's already wifi in your mom's house.

Julien
Apr 16, 2011, 06:14 PM
Getting my mother a gift. She is not very tech savvy and has the original iphone right now. Just wants a device for facetime, email, and web browsing. Which is more useful for her?

If it's for Mothers Day I say give her an iPhone 5. She'll be the only person in the world with one . Now that IS a special gift.

JulianL
Apr 16, 2011, 06:38 PM
There's no way to answer your exact question since no one who's likely to talk about it knows what the iPhone 5 will be like but even if the iPhone 5 has 10 times the performance of the iPhone 4 I'd still say iPad. There's just no comparison as far as browsing experience is concerned, email is also much easier to use on a bigger screen. I don't know about FaceTime but just browsing and email win it for the iPad. Also, your mum already has an iPhone so an iPad would be more novel for her and her experience of using the iPhone will still help her using the iPad.

- Julian