Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
I installed Windows 7 with Bootcamp.

Except for the initial installation steps, with reboots, Windows 7 does not shut down completely. I see the "Shutting down ...: message. Not sure if it will eventually shutdown or if there is a problem. If the latter, what's the fix?

Other than this, Windows 7 seems to be working okay.

damet

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Try updating windows 7 through windows update. Make sure you have the lastest updates for Windows 7. I had this problem too, but after I updated everything, it worked like a charm. No shutdown issues.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
Try updating windows 7 through windows update. Make sure you have the lastest updates for Windows 7. I had this problem too, but after I updated everything, it worked like a charm. No shutdown issues.

It worked itself out. I don't remember if I did anything, like updates for Windows 7, or if it was just related to the initial install & a one time occurence.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
It worked itself out. I don't remember if I did anything, like updates for Windows 7, or if it was just related to the initial install & a one time occurence.

Sometimes it will just sit there on some of my older workstations. Clearing cache or waiting on hardware or whatever the heck it does.

Most times it's installing something. I wait it out and eventually windows will shutdown.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
Sometimes it will just sit there on some of my older workstations. Clearing cache or waiting on hardware or whatever the heck it does.

Most times it's installing something. I wait it out and eventually windows will shutdown.

If it's installing something, there's usually something like a "cursor" flashing, but in this case the "cursor" was frozen in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.