PDA

View Full Version : NEW Awesome Maroo iPad 2 cases

Pages : [1] 2

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
I came across a youtube comment recommending cyber acoustics iPad 2 leather case. Then after some research I found Maroo.com which are like a "sub-company" of cyber acoustics.

Anyway, their iPad 2 cases are here (http://www.maroo.com/product_list.cfm?pc=11&ps=11)

I had ordered the Marware C.E.O. Hybrid case for iPad 2 but I didn't like the fact that you had to remove two corners of the iPad from the case to stand it up, exposing some of the back of the iPad.

I like this case even though it only offers two positions, it looks really good, they have lots of different designs on nylon & leather cases or u can opt for the plain more professional leather cases.

There's 11 different designs on the nylon cases, and four different leather ones at the moment.

I read on their facebook page that they will be putting the auto sleep/wake function on the case.

There are two small corner elastic bands to keep it shut as well.

I have preordered the Awanui II case (http://www.maroo.com/product_detail.cfm?p=17)

I like the individuality of their cases, they are different and unique.

I probably sound like an employee/affiliate of Maroo.com now, I am just excited to receive my case

From the photos, I can see there is a strap to put your hand in if you are standing it up and using it or you want to read, etc.

Anyway, the reason I made this thread because from what I can see, Maroo.com is quite new and so nobody knows about them. Check out their cases, you might find what you are looking for.

this is the design I chose is:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x365/QR93/awanuicase.jpg

The photo shows the first iPad but its the same design

They also have the plain ones:

https://www.maroo.com/images/media/102121-004s.jpg

Here is the youtube video of the case by Steve:

CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvZi18yYrQ)

Click for article on their bumper system and why pictures/descriptions are currently limited (http://maroo.com/subpage.cfm?blog&bID=12)

gatech2
Apr 17, 2011, 10:54 AM
Nice cases.
Thanks for sharing.

ninerfan
Apr 17, 2011, 10:58 AM
This is just what I have been looking for!! Thanks for sharing!

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 11:21 AM
no problem guys, glad uz like it. Glad I looked around lots to find this, cos' it was quite difficult to find the perfect case for me:cool:

I will be reviewing it on here once I receive it with close up photos, etc.:D

benjayman2
Apr 17, 2011, 01:17 PM
a little too bright for me and limited hands-free viewing angles

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 01:21 PM
a little too bright for me and limited hands-free viewing angles

That's what I like about it!. I only need two viewing angles-typing and movie/tv. I will have the cover folded right back anyway most of the time I use it.

What will you be using it for?
And I admit it would be too bright for people <30 :p

batman75
Apr 17, 2011, 03:06 PM
I have the premium leather/suede version on order. Since it was delayed and pre-ordered I got it for 79.99 instead of 99.99.

I have the 49.99 version for the iPad 1 which is very high quality, so I suspect the premium version should be top notch.

Has anyone actually received one yet? I'm curious how much bulk it adds.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 03:20 PM
I have the premium leather/suede version on order. Since it was delayed and pre-ordered I got it for 79.99 instead of 99.99.

I have the 49.99 version for the iPad 1 which is very high quality, so I suspect the premium version should be top notch.

Has anyone actually received one yet? I'm curious how much bulk it adds.

Cool, kumara or maunga?
Are you in the U or UK? And what exactly do you mean by it was delayed? If it was preordered?

I have pre-ordered the grafitti one in the original post

Should it not be similar to the iPad 1 case. Glad to hear your positive view!
The thing I like about Maroo is that they seem to care about their customers and their service is more personal from what I can tell. This is invaluable and I don't mind paying a premium for that.

Keep up the good work Maroo/Cyber Acoustics!

also, I think the iPad 2 cases have the sleep/Wake function which is a bonus

I hope the nylon cases use premium leather and not low-grade leather. Hope it's not pig leather!

Cybersteve, help?

LanikaiGirl
Apr 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
I ordered a Tatau II. Can't wait to see it!

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 03:33 PM
I ordered a Tatau II. Can't wait to see it!

Same! Can't wait for mine as well!

Hope they ship soon. I haven't seen designs like these on any other cases so I'm chuffed to have found Maroo.
I only have one issue, and that is what they have done for the speaker on the iPad 2, they don't have photos of the rear of the case so I have emailed them.

My order is pending :)

LanikaiGirl
Apr 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
Mine is pending as well. I am anxious to see what the nylon is like. The one I ordered doesn't have the leather binding, so I am a little nervous.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
Mine is pending as well. I am anxious to see what the nylon is like. The one I ordered doesn't have the leather binding, so I am a little nervous.

Ah, it should be fine! I think the Tatau is all nylon exterior perhaps?

Why are you nervous? Is it do with the build quality of the case or aesthetics?

P.s. U in USA OR UK?

skaterboy
Apr 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
These look cool, does anyone know if they have the magnets? I have gotten quite used to my smart cover. The website did not mention the magnets. Thank you for sharing.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 04:08 PM
These look cool, does anyone know if they have the magnets? I have gotten quite used to my smart cover. The website did not mention the magnets. Thank you for sharing.

What do u mean by magnets?
According to their Facebook comments, they will have the smart cover sleep/wKe function. But there are two corner elastic straps to keep the front closed to the screen.

Still unclear about the sleep function though

LanikaiGirl
Apr 17, 2011, 05:01 PM
Ah, it should be fine! I think the Tatau is all nylon exterior perhaps?

Why are you nervous? Is it do with the build quality of the case or aesthetics?

P.s. U in USA OR UK?

Just that maybe the nylon will feel odd.

I am in the Us.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 05:07 PM
Just that maybe the nylon will feel odd.

I am in the Us.

Even if it does feel odd, you will get used to it. I am not sure how mine will feel either but hey I love the design!

skaterboy
Apr 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
I meant the magnets for the sleep/wake function like the smart cover. on the company website it mentioned nothing about sleep/ wake under features. If it had a sleep / wake function you would think they would mention that under features? Haven't checked Facebook.

ForumViewer
Apr 17, 2011, 06:33 PM
Personally I can't stand straps and nylonish loops on cases. They make it look cheap and detract from an otherwise nice case.

batman75
Apr 17, 2011, 07:35 PM
Personally I can't stand straps and nylonish loops on cases. They make it look cheap and detract from an otherwise nice case.

But you'll be surprised how useful those elastic corner loops are.

fishcube
Apr 17, 2011, 08:06 PM
I meant the magnets for the sleep/wake function like the smart cover. on the company website it mentioned nothing about sleep/ wake under features. If it had a sleep / wake function you would think they would mention that under features? Haven't checked Facebook.

I checked FB, and didn't see them answer the question about sleep/wake feature ??

fishcube
Apr 17, 2011, 08:08 PM
But you'll be surprised how useful those elastic corner loops are.

??? How useful?

Cybersteve
Apr 18, 2011, 11:07 AM
I just want to clarify some of the questions posted on this thread. The Maroo iPad2 case is similar in function as our original case. The inside material has be changed to suede and we have added a pocket on the inside flap. It does have the magnetic sleep/awake function along with a hole in the back for the camera. I hope to have a video up today showing these new features on our site. Feel free to post any questions you might have.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

kazaam93
Apr 18, 2011, 11:24 AM
I just want to clarify some of the questions posted on this thread. The Maroo iPad2 case is similar in function as our original case. The inside material has be changed to suede and we have added a pocket on the inside flap. It does have the magnetic sleep/awake function along with a hole in the back for the camera. I hope to have a video up today showing these new features on our site. Feel free to post any questions you might have.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Looking forward to watching the video, and thanks for answering our queries!

djransom
Apr 18, 2011, 11:42 AM
I will definitely order one of these once I get my iPad 2. Very nice case.

kazaam93
Apr 18, 2011, 11:43 AM
I will definitely order one of these once I get my iPad 2. Very nice case.

cool, which one?

djransom
Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM
cool, which one?

Black leather.

kazaam93
Apr 18, 2011, 11:46 AM
Black leather.

I was going to go for a plain black leather one but I decided to go for something a bit more colourful and different, but I wouldn't mind the leather ones :D

batman75
Apr 18, 2011, 05:05 PM
The premium leather one I ordered (Maunga II) won't ship till the 25th.

brianm801
Apr 19, 2011, 02:01 PM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

I ordered the black leather CA case after watching the video... http://www.cyberacoustics.com/articles/a.cfm/new-cyber-acoustics-ipad-2-cover

Quick question... Whats the difference between the Maroo leather ($45) case and the Cyber Acoustics leather ($40) case? It looks like the Maroo case has a logo on the front cover but the CA does not.... is that it?

redzapper
Apr 19, 2011, 04:19 PM
I ordered the black leather CA case after watching the video... http://www.cyberacoustics.com/articles/a.cfm/new-cyber-acoustics-ipad-2-cover

Quick question... Whats the difference between the Maroo leather ($45) case and the Cyber Acoustics leather ($40) case? It looks like the Maroo case has a logo on the front cover but the CA does not.... is that it?

Decided to buy this after watching the video too. I especially liked the part where he started throwing the ipad around.

I also had a quick chat with CyberSteve (he's the one in the video).

The Maroo comes with a cleaning cloth, slightly different inner suede and the logo.

kazaam93
Apr 19, 2011, 04:25 PM
Decided to buy this after watching the video too. I especially liked the part where he started throwing the ipad around.

I also had a quick chat with CyberSteve (he's the one in the video).

The Maroo comes with a cleaning cloth, slightly different inner suede and the logo.

Lol, I loved that bit, but surely the components in the iPad would still move around, well vibrate at least. But I am sure no physical damage would occur.

I can confirm that a cleaning cloth is included as well. I am still not sure how the sound isn't muffled even slightly as there aren't even any perforations in the back so the sound has to "leak" through the bottom rather than coming directly from the grill.

But I will know when I receive it.
I liked the fact that the iPad was really sturdy in the more upright position as I may be using it with a wireless keyboard so will need to touch the screen with it standing up

Cybersteve
Apr 19, 2011, 06:19 PM
Kazaam93 - Here is a picture of the speaker with the cover on. This should give you a better idea why the sound is not muffled.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ninerfan
Apr 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
Great, informative video! One of the best I have seen!

One question I have: If the pockets on the inside of the cover have papers and business cards in them, would marks be made on the screen?

Also, do you have any idea when the Kumara II will be available for shipping?

I really like these cases ... best of all worlds it seems to me!

Rgladman
Apr 19, 2011, 07:38 PM
Great, informative video! One of the best I have seen!

One question I have: If the pockets on the inside of the cover have papers and business cards in them, would marks be made on the screen?

Also, do you have any idea when the Kumara II will be available for shipping?

I really like these cases ... best of all worlds it seems to me!

I ordered that very case last night and received an e-mail today saying it will ship the week of 5/11/11. Seems to be a good company to deal with, they wanted to make sure I was aware of the delivery date.

cinca
Apr 19, 2011, 08:18 PM
Kazaam93 - Here is a picture of the speaker with the cover on. This should give you a better idea why the sound is not muffled.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Steve,

I'm currently in the middle of new relationship with my smart cover but I wanted to tell you your product looks great.

I had the "Rolls Royce" of covers for my iPad 1 -- the Vaja Agenda 2 -- and if (maybe more question of when) I am looking to outgrow my smart cover and get a case that protects the back and front your case is at the top of the list.

Great job on a great case. I look forward to what all the customers say on the forums when they arrive.

Thanks also for participating in the forums and answering questions.

corykane
Apr 19, 2011, 08:22 PM
I got my Maroo MOKO II black leather iPad case the other day. It is an awesome case. Exactly what I have been looking for. I don't have any good pics but I took a couple with my iphone that I will try to post up.

batman75
Apr 19, 2011, 08:24 PM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Steve - Have you managed to make this case a thinner fit than the old case? I remember the old case had a plastic frame under the iPad which raised it off the case but also made the whole thing quite thick when closed.

batman75
Apr 19, 2011, 08:24 PM
I got my Maroo MOKO II black leather iPad case the other day. It is an awesome case. Exactly what I have been looking for. I don't have any good pics but I took a couple with my iphone that I will try to post up.

How well does the case maintain the slim profile of the iPad relative to other Folio cases?

corykane
Apr 19, 2011, 08:47 PM
How well does the case maintain the slim profile of the iPad relative to other Folio cases?

It does add some bulk to the iPad making it a little thicker than my Macbook pro 13 with the case on. I feel like it is well protected and very nice quality though. I also like how it holds the ipad in place compared to all the competitors with the black rubber corners. Awesome case!

ninerfan
Apr 19, 2011, 08:49 PM
I ordered that very case last night and received an e-mail today saying it will ship the week of 5/11/11. Seems to be a good company to deal with, they wanted to make sure I was aware of the delivery date.

Thanks Rgladman, that is just what I wanted to know.

Also, just want to make certain of the color: it looks purple on my computer.

Rgladman
Apr 19, 2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks Rgladman, that is just what I wanted to know.

Also, just want to make certain of the color: it looks purple on my computer.

It does appear to be a wine color which I think is a nice alternative to black.

kazaam93
Apr 20, 2011, 12:22 AM
It does add some bulk to the iPad making it a little thicker than my Macbook pro 13 with the case on. I feel like it is well protected and very nice quality though. I also like how it holds the ipad in place compared to all the competitors with the black rubber corners. Awesome case!

Thanks for the pics. It does seem ever so slightly thicker than I expected but I don't mind..

And thanks for the photos Steve:) I still can't multi quote on tapatalk iPad!

scwatkins77
Apr 20, 2011, 02:05 AM
FUUUUUUUGly (imho. Glad you like it)

kazaam93
Apr 20, 2011, 02:33 AM
FUUUUUUUGly (imho. Glad you like it)

even the plain ones? Nah, the leather series is nice?

I liked the canvas by swithceasy but its too thick and the yoobao looks cheap and I have read they use some pig leather and the marware ceo hybrid exposes the back when positioning it.

thats why i went for this!

batman75
Apr 20, 2011, 07:42 AM
even the plain ones? Nah, the leather series is nice?

I liked the canvas by swithceasy but its too thick and the yoobao looks cheap and I have read they use some pig leather and the marware ceo hybrid exposes the back when positioning it.

thats why i went for this!

Yeah the quality of even the cheapest Maroo case totally eclipses Yoobao. Yoobao is a very cheap chinese case that's worth no more than $20 imo. I say this having owned both cases for the iPad 1.

brianm801
Apr 20, 2011, 09:40 AM
I ordered the black leather CA/Maroo case to replace my Yoobao case.

The Yoobao case isn't a bad case... I'm not sure why people trash it when they haven't even seen/used it. I was one of the first people to receive the case and its spent the last 3-4 weeks on my iPad.

My requirements for a case are simple:

1) It needs to protect my iPad. Front/Back AND SIDES.
2) I want the Sleep/Wake feature.
3) It needs to look professional.
4) It needs to be available NOW! (not in a month)
5) Make my iPad 2 look like an iPad 2 (not an iPad 1 :) )

The Yoobao case does all of that with flying colors.. however... I've found #5 on my list to be an issue. My current case is too slim/form fitting. It keeps sliding out of my hands as i carry it around all day from meeting to meeting.

What attracts me to the Maroo/CA case is it fits #1-4 on my list.. but adds some bulk/protection to the front and back. It looks like it will be easier to carry around.

So for those that think its too bulky.... there are people like me that have found that 'too slim' is not a good thing. Everybody has an opinion, right :D

~Brian

kazaam93
Apr 20, 2011, 10:31 AM
I ordered the black leather CA/Maroo case to replace my Yoobao case.

The Yoobao case isn't a bad case... I'm not sure why people trash it when they haven't even seen/used it. I was one of the first people to receive the case and its spent the last 3-4 weeks on my iPad.

My requirements for a case are simple:

1) It needs to protect my iPad. Front/Back AND SIDES.
2) I want the Sleep/Wake feature.
3) It needs to look professional.
4) It needs to be available NOW! (not in a month)
5) Make my iPad 2 look like an iPad 2 (not an iPad 1 :) )

The Yoobao case does all of that with flying colors.. however... I've found #5 on my list to be an issue. My current case is too slim/form fitting. It keeps sliding out of my hands as i carry it around all day from meeting to meeting.

What attracts me to the Maroo/CA case is it fits #1-4 on my list.. but adds some bulk/protection to the front and back. It looks like it will be easier to carry around.

So for those that think its too bulky.... there are people like me that have found that 'too slim' is not a good thing. Everybody has an opinion, right :D

~Brian

I don't understand what you mean by point 4, but otherwise well said

borka105
Apr 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
Ordered one as well. I've had my ipad 2 since day 1 and IMO this seems to fit the bill.

I also really liked the part about how easy this case is to remove and then re-insert back into the case.

The thickness hopefully isn't that bad when the case is open because the entire ipad is exposed which should help maintain the perception of how slim the ipad 2 is compared to ipad 1. The fact that the case doesn't cover the bezel when opened was another selling point for me.

Now the waiting begins...

Cybersteve
Apr 20, 2011, 12:53 PM
ninerfan - The inside pocket is made of suede and will not damage the screen.

I received confirmation last night that the Kumara II will start shipping on 05/09

batman75 - The case is the same thickiness as our original iPad cover. There is a trade off between protection and being slim. We felt protection was the way to go. The overall thickness with the iPad inserted is 3/4"

Please let me know if you have any other questions....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

brianm801
Apr 20, 2011, 03:00 PM
I don't understand what you mean by point 4, but otherwise well said

If you think waaaaay back to when the iPad 2 came out the only case/cover available was the Apple Smart Cover. All the MFR's websites said they would have something out around April. I didn't want my over priced toy getting scratched so i picked up the first case available that fit my needs.... The Yoobao.

I just got my shipping notice for my CyberAcoustics case!!!!

The website show's the corner clips as being clear (both CA and Maroo sites).. but the posted pictures of the Maroo show black.... i sure hope the CA version has the black clips :)

Cybersteve
Apr 20, 2011, 03:15 PM
The website show's the corner clips as being clear (both CA and Maroo sites).. but the posted pictures of the Maroo show black.... i sure hope the CA version has the black clips :)

Great catch Brian... the original prototypes had the clear TPU chassis. We decided to change it to a kinda clear smoke black. Correction to the site will be up shortly.

CyberSteve
CyberAcoustics

ninerfan
Apr 20, 2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks CyberSteve for your fast response.

Another question about the Kumara II: My computers show the color as PURPLE (which is what I want) but others say it looks more of a wine color.

It actually looks purple on my iPhone 3GS as well.

So, you are the source :) please let me know!

LanikaiGirl
Apr 20, 2011, 05:55 PM
Cybersteve,
Does tha apply to the maroo nylon cases as well? (that the corners are smokey instead of clear?)
I have a white iPad and one of the reasons I ordered the maroo was because the clips were clear.

Cybersteve
Apr 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
ninerfan - yes the color is more of a dark red tone but not maroon.

LanikaiGirl - Yes, all the new iPad2 cases will have the clear smoke grey corners. If you want a refund, please send me a private message with your order number and I will be happy to issue you one.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

batman75
Apr 20, 2011, 07:29 PM
ninerfan - yes the color is more of a dark red tone but not maroon.

LanikaiGirl - Yes, all the new iPad2 cases will have the clear smoke grey corners. If you want a refund, please send me a private message with your order number and I will be happy to issue you one.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Lanikai girl - it is better to have the smoked corner bumper because over time a clear one will become dirty. The smoked one will hide that better. Also they don't cover that much of the bezel.

Psychobueller
Apr 20, 2011, 09:19 PM
Just to add my .02, I have had their iPad 1 case for a while now and it is absolutely awesome! It is very protective, yet the iPad comes out easily when I want to hold it without a case. The elastic retainer bands turn out to be very useful. It's a quality piece and the price was reasonable. Overall I am soooo glad I went with it.

epicmar
Apr 20, 2011, 11:44 PM
Does anyone know if the premium leather version (I like the black MAUNGA II) which Maroo has available for preorder for $99.99 is available for order anywhere else for less $$? I saw a post where someone indicated that they were able to order it for $79.99 preorder. I currently am using the Yoobao which is not bad (despite all the negative posts), but I really like the way the Maroo/Cyber Acoustics shows more of the face/top of the iPad and the premium leather for a decent price is tempting.

LanikaiGirl
Apr 21, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cybersteve,
Do you have a picture of a white iPad in a in production case?

Thanks!

Gina

Faded1984
Apr 21, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cybersteve, do you have any resellers in the UK selling your cases?

Cybersteve
Apr 21, 2011, 11:12 AM
LanikaGirl - I will should be able to send you a picture later today.

Faded1984 - At the present time there are no resellers in the UK but we are working on this. I hoping by the end of May we will have something.

Cybersteve
Apr 21, 2011, 06:04 PM
Cybersteve,
Do you have a picture of a white iPad in a in production case?

Thanks!

Gina

LanikaiGirl - Hopefully the picture gives you a good idea how the corners look with the white iPad.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

imgeorgelin
Apr 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
What's the weight of it?

LanikaiGirl
Apr 21, 2011, 08:22 PM
LanikaiGirl - Hopefully the picture gives you a good idea how the corners look with the white iPad.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Thanks Cybersteve. That should be ok.

Gina :D

Cybersteve
Apr 22, 2011, 09:40 AM
What's the weight of it?

The cover weighs 12.5 oz

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Raven45
Apr 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
I ordered the Moko II yesterday. Hopefully, it gets here faster than my iPad 2 did :-)

Raven45
Apr 22, 2011, 04:40 PM
CyberSteve -
Currently I have an iCarbon skin on the back of my iPad 2. Do I need to remove that prior to using my Moko II?
It's quite thin but......

brianm801
Apr 22, 2011, 11:07 PM
I just got my shipping notice for my CyberAcoustics case!!!!

My case showed up today.... I really like the look and feel!

However, the inside is a bit of a disappointment :( . There is a large crease/ flap down the inside spine that is very distracting. It's almost as if somebody pinched the suede before the glue dried. Holding the case with the cover folded back I can feel this 'flap' in the palm of my left hand. I wonder if it's a manufacturing flaw or are they all like this.

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

borka105
Apr 23, 2011, 12:13 AM
I also got my case today. I am not sure if the poster above me is saying the same thing, but the case lacks a stable spine.

When you fold the case over into a vertical stand, typing position or simply in half, the spine portion is a lot of times uneven. There is a very thin piece of cardboard at the spine and the faux leather material sticks out and clumps when the case is folded.

I will do my best to take pictures and post tomorrow. I am also not sure if all the cases have this or if mine is somehow defective. At this point it is an immediate concern and not an issue I ever had with the marware or yoobao cases.

Maybe Steve can shed some light on this...

kazaam93
Apr 23, 2011, 01:52 AM
My case showed up today.... I really like the look and feel!

However, the inside is a bit of a disappointment :( . There is a large crease/ flap down the inside spine that is very distracting. It's almost as if somebody pinched the suede before the glue dried. Holding the case with the cover folded back I can feel this 'flap' in the palm of my left hand. I wonder if it's a manufacturing flaw or are they all like this.

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

Sounds like a defect but I'm certain it will be sorted out !

On a side note, I am quite interested in the Keyboard case (http://www.maroo.com/product_detail.cfm?p=13) but can't understand why the price is so high. lol. I am not going to be buying it anytime soon, I have spent way too much on the past couple of weeks with the iPad, the case, the apple wireless bluetooth keyboard

brianm801
Apr 23, 2011, 04:11 PM
Sounds like a defect but I'm certain it will be sorted out !

I got a message from (Cyber)Steve and he's taking care of it... great service!!!

Here is what I'm talking about... Its kind of nit-picky but it does 'feel' weird when you hold it.

http://www.lostbyte.net/case-1.jpg
http://www.lostbyte.net/case-2.jpg

Other then that one problem i love the case. I'm not looking forward to using my old case while i wait for the new one :)

~Brian

kazaam93
Apr 23, 2011, 04:19 PM
I got a message from (Cyber)Steve and he's taking care of it... great service!!!

Here is what I'm talking about... Its kind of nit-picky but it does 'feel' weird when you hold it.

Image (http://www.lostbyte.net/case-1.jpg)
Image (http://www.lostbyte.net/case-2.jpg)

Other then that one problem i love the case. I'm not looking forward to using my old case while i wait for the new one :)

~Brian
Glad to hear that! that's one of the reasons i ordered from them. That problem would definitely irritate me, you aren't being picky.
all that matters is that its being sorted! And im guessing you are in the US so at least delivery won't take too long

Farrellcollie
Apr 24, 2011, 12:26 AM
Are there any differences between the moko II and the maunga II or kumera II except the quality of leather (and color of kumara II)?

Cybersteve
Apr 24, 2011, 01:47 PM
Are there any differences between the moko II and the maunga II or kumera II except the quality of leather (and color of kumara II)?

Farrellcollie - The Maunga and Kumara are made from a higher qualtity of leather vs the Moko and Roto. The functionality remains the same.

Raven45
Apr 24, 2011, 03:09 PM
Ordered my Moko II on Thursday. Got it on Saturday. Couldn't be any faster service than that unless I had driven down and picked it up myself. Guess being only 180 miles or so from Maroo helped some :-)

First, to answer my own question (see above), there is no problem at all fitting an iPad 2 with a thin skin into the Moko. At least with the iCarbon CF skin.

Fit is almost perfect. The camera hole can be off just a little but can be remedied by repositioning the iPad. Not an issue for me as I don't use the camera anyway.

The interior lining is wrinkled on mine also. Not to the extent of the one pictured above though. I don't think it will be an issue with me other than I worry that constant movement of the lining may wear the material over time.

The case does add some weight obviously. But handling the iPad now feels much more secure than before. I do see myself using the elastic corner straps; especially if leaving the house.
The microfiber cloth is a nice bonus and it fits nicely in the interior pocket once folded a couple times.

Look and feel of the leather is awesome. And I love the on/off feature. Wasn't sure that would matter all that much to me until I experienced it.
All-in-all, an excellent case. And initial experience leads me to believe Maroo is an excellent company to deal with.

Jim

kazaam93
Apr 24, 2011, 03:25 PM
Raven45, thanks for the post, would you mind posting photo(s) of the "wrinkles"?

Raven45
Apr 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
Raven45, thanks for the post, would you mind posting photo(s) of the "wrinkles"?

Be glad to. But will have to wait until this evening as we're heading out now to meet with all the relatives for dinner and relaxation :-)

Raven45
Apr 25, 2011, 12:56 AM
OK, back from the evening festivities and hopefully able to post some pics as requested.

The first one shows the spine as laid flat out on the table.
The second shows the case as it looks when folded. Note that, for the most part, the wrinkles flatten out when folded except for the two inches at the bottom of the case (left on photo).

kazaam93
Apr 25, 2011, 06:06 AM
OK, back from the evening festivities and hopefully able to post some pics as requested.

The first one shows the spine as laid flat out on the table.
The second shows the case as it looks when folded. Note that, for the most part, the wrinkles flatten out when folded except for the two inches at the bottom of the case (left on photo).

Thanks for posting the pics, That would bug me, lol. Hope they get it sorted before mine is shipped.

Nightz
Apr 25, 2011, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know the dimensions of this case? And what's the difference between the Maroo and CA?

Raven45
Apr 25, 2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for posting the pics, That would bug me, lol. Hope they get it sorted before mine is shipped.

It does bother me some. The exterior is great but I doubt I'll be showing off the interior.
I got a red (actually more of a maroon) Cyber Acoustics leather cover for my fiance's original iPad. Very nice and looks much the same as the Moko II. But the felt lining has no flaws. Not sure why they can't do the same for the Maroo cases. Perhaps it has to do with the stretchability of the suede fabric. Argh.

Jim

Raven45
Apr 25, 2011, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know the dimensions of this case? And what's the difference between the Maroo and CA?

With iPad 2 installed, the Moko II is approx. 7/8" at its thickest x 7 3/4" wide x 9 7/8" high. Weight (with iPad) is 2 lb, 2 1/4 oz.
The microfiber cloth and the iCarbons CF skin on the back of the iPad account for probably an ounce of that weight.

From what I can tell, the CA for iPad2 and the Maroo Moko II are pretty much identical. The only difference I can see is that the Moko II has the Maroo logo on the front cover and the CA is lacking a logo (unless it is on the back cover).
And the Maroo comes with their nice microfiber cloth. No mention of a cloth on the CA site. That might account some for the $5 difference in price.

Jim

kschles
Apr 27, 2011, 02:18 PM
Got my Moko II today and am very pleased. It's a good combination of protection and function. My Ipad was easy to install and it's easy to remove if I need to do that. I've gone through several cases that are over-designed, and not very user friendly (I'm talking to you, Toblino 2, Switcheasy Canvas, and Marware Microshell).

My Maroo has a little crease on the inside spine, but this doesn't bother me. After opening and closing it a number of times, the crease is less noticeable. Like the elastic straps on the front cover, which will come in handy for traveling; but don't have to be used around the house. The sleep/awake feature seems to work well. To my mind, this is what a case should be.

Finally, to Kazaam93. I gave you a bunch of grief when you started this thread and kept showing up on other threads touting the Maroo. If you read this, I apologize. Thanks for bringing the Maroo to my attention.

kazaam93
Apr 27, 2011, 02:34 PM
Got my Moko II today and am very pleased. It's a good combination of protection and function. My Ipad was easy to install and it's easy to remove if I need to do that. I've gone through several cases that are over-designed, and not very user friendly (I'm talking to you, Toblino 2, Switcheasy Canvas, and Marware Microshell).

My Maroo has a little crease on the inside spine, but this doesn't bother me. After opening and closing it a number of times, the crease is less noticeable. Like the elastic straps on the front cover, which will come in handy for traveling; but don't have to be used around the house. The sleep/awake feature seems to work well. To my mind, this is what a case should be.

Finally, to Kazaam93. I gave you a bunch of grief when you started this thread and kept showing up on other threads touting the Maroo. If you read this, I apologize. Thanks for bringing the Maroo to my attention.

It's fine, I'm glad you like the case. Lol. and it is cybersteve that is an employee.i just loved the case when i seen it and thats why i came across as ott.

The crease would annoy me i think but i will need to wait until i receive mine and decide. Everyone seems to have this crease. i cant afford more than one case and thats why i spent ages researching

My nylon case was shipped today. So excited. Hope there's no crease. I have to wait about a week which is annoying but out of everone's control :D

reebs
Apr 27, 2011, 05:48 PM
Think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the Tatau II. Wonder when those will ship?

ninerfan
Apr 27, 2011, 07:35 PM
I also stopped procrastinating and ordered a Roto II today. I was going to wait for the Kumara II to come out but need a case so will see if I like this one.

Ordered this morning and already received my shipping notice. Great people to deal with. Kudos to CyberSteve for being so responsive.

batman75
Apr 28, 2011, 07:34 PM
I'm getting annoyed. I was told my case would ship 2 weeks ago. This was a mistake because study forgot I ordered a Maunga II not the Roto case. Fair enough, honest mistake, and they had previously given me a 10 dollar credit for the delay from the original April 5th date.

But then they said the Maunga II would ship April 25th and it has not shipped.

What's with the string of broken commitments?

kazaam93
Apr 29, 2011, 01:25 AM
I'm getting annoyed. I was told my case would ship 2 weeks ago. This was a mistake because study forgot I ordered a Maunga II not the Roto case. Fair enough, honest mistake, and they had previously given me a 10 dollar credit for the delay from the original April 5th date.

But then they said the Maunga II would ship April 25th and it has not shipped.

What's with the string of broken commitments?

Who is study.

Really doesn't sound like them, try posting on their facebook. Steve hasnt really been replyingto my emails recently but he did reply to my PM I sent him on here. perhaps they are really busy at the moment as I think Maroo is run as part of Cyber Acoustics.

Anyway, my case was shipped 2 days ago, the nylon frafitti one and has left portland. The wait must be really frustrating for you :( hang in there and i'm sure they will resolve the problem to your satisfaction. Fingers crossed it has been shipped and you just haven't received the notice.

Cybersteve
Apr 29, 2011, 12:49 PM
I know how frustrating it has been for some of you to wait for your covers. We are doing our best to meet the demand. All the covers with the exception of the Maunga & Kumara will be available on May 3rd. Some of the covers are available now. The Maunga & Kumara will be shipping no later than May 9th. I apologize to those who might have been mislead with false shipping dates, this was not our intent. If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ninerfan
Apr 30, 2011, 03:38 PM
My new wine colored (it is not "red") case arrived today and we are so impressed! The leather exterior is smooth and gorgeous and very padded, the suede interior is dyed to match and is very smooth with no wrinkles at the spine, the four corner tabs hold the iPad in perfectly, and it is so easy to turn it into a stand compared to the Apple Smart Cover flopping all over the place. The wake/sleep feature does indeed work, you can actually hear the "click" when it turns off.

All in all, I can recommend this case with no reservations. It is stunning! For those who haven't seen it, watch the demo video. Everything said and shown is absolutely true. Well, I didn't throw it on the floor like CyberSteve did but I feel comfortable that if I drop it, there will be adequate protection afforded to my iPad 2. http://www.cyberacoustics.com/articles/a.cfm/new-cyber-acoustics-ipad-2-cover

stiwi
May 1, 2011, 02:38 AM
I have gone through bunch of case reviews, to finally come across Maroo. They look very nice and seems to have all features you would ask for. I just ordered Aranga for my wife.

It's worth to mention that promo code maroofans01 entitles you to get 10% discount!

WyldRyce
May 1, 2011, 04:57 AM
Just ordered the Mako II case and I'm looking forward to receiving it. Question though, is there a place to a put a stylus with a clip on it? With my current iPad case I just stick the stylus in to where the fold is. Looks like I'll have to do it with this case as well.

kazaam93
May 1, 2011, 05:37 AM
Just ordered the Mako II case and I'm looking forward to receiving it. Question though, is there a place to a put a stylus with a clip on it? With my current iPad case I just stick the stylus in to where the fold is. Looks like I'll have to do it with this case as well.

There is a wee card holder and a hand strap. Never used a stylus so dont know about size of it

BlindMellon
May 1, 2011, 07:12 AM
very nice! this case is now at the top of my list.

Cybersteve
May 2, 2011, 12:20 PM

There is no designated holder for a stylus, but depending on the thickness, you might be able keep it in the fold like you are currently doing.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ninerfan
May 2, 2011, 07:41 PM
I have gone through bunch of case reviews, to finally come across Maroo. They look very nice and seems to have all features you would ask for. I just ordered Aranga for my wife.

It's worth to mention that promo code maroofans01 entitles you to get 10% discount!

ARRGGHHH, I didn't know anything about a discount code! Any way I can get that even after purchase?

stiwi
May 3, 2011, 12:27 AM
ARRGGHHH, I didn't know anything about a discount code! Any way I can get that even after purchase?

The only way to get it after purchase is for the next purchase I guess :)

Chic0
May 3, 2011, 07:31 AM
Now I've got a dilemma. I will be ordering an ipad 2 later today once the apple store is back up. I was all set to order the Marware CEO Hybrid case too until I saw this thread. I've since checked out the Maroo site and these leather cases look great!

At the moment though I am stuck between maybe choosing either the Moko II or Maunga II.

Am I right to think that the Muanga will be available from 9th May?

Also how much is shipping to UK?
Does anyone know of any UK resellers for these cases?

thanks

stiwi
May 3, 2011, 08:58 AM
[...]
Am I right to think that the Muanga will be available from 9th May?

Also how much is shipping to UK?
Does anyone know of any UK resellers for these cases?
[...]

There is a flat international shipping rate of US$5.
Muanga ships from 9th May according to Steve.

RUQRU
May 3, 2011, 10:13 AM
I know how frustrating it has been for some of you to wait for your covers. We are doing our best to meet the demand. All the covers with the exception of the Maunga & Kumara will be available on May 3rd. Some of the covers are available now. The Maunga & Kumara will be shipping no later than May 9th. I apologize to those who might have been mislead with false shipping dates, this was not our intent. If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Steve,

I received mine rather quickly. Thanks! It is a great case, exactly what I was looking for. I like the mounting solution better than the flaps used by others.

colsbp
May 3, 2011, 11:10 AM

this bug me too. Does this happen to all maroo cases or both CA and maroo has this issue? Unable to decided whether to get CA or maroo even though they belong to the same company. Any advise on this?
:confused:

Cybersteve
May 3, 2011, 11:29 AM
Ok.. I have to take it on the chin when I informed you that the Maunga and the Kumara will be shipping on the 9th. This is now pushed back to the 11th of May. All of the other Maroo covers are in stock.

We are working hard to find the right distributor in the UK, sorry but these things take time.

For those who are not sure whether to order our cover, if upon receiving the cover you are dissatisfied with it. just send it back for a 100% refund.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

kimkim23
May 3, 2011, 03:30 PM
ALright i made the shot of ordering a KOE II, read throught this thread and watched the video about it.And cybersteve even mentioned can refund if not satisfied with it. Guess shd be worth a try.It has great features, i esp like the SG bumpers and the red color.
Ordered a portenzo actually and figure it will be a quite a long wait so want a alternative also. KOE II has a fun factor to it and can give me another fashion choice haha..
Anyway can i know roughly how long it would take for it to reach Singapore cybersteve?

stiwi
May 3, 2011, 03:40 PM
[...]
Anyway can i know roughly how long it would take for it to reach Singapore cybersteve?

Steve wrote me that 2-3 weeks to Singapore. Mine was shipped out on Monday. My previous experiences with USPS First Class Mail took approximately 7-8 working days to arrive from OWC to Singapore. So hopefully from Maroo it won't take any longer.

jmthigpen
May 3, 2011, 06:38 PM
Does anyone have the dark red ROTO II with a white iPad - if so PICS PLEASE!! :)

Jhutchings
May 3, 2011, 06:59 PM
Just got my black case. This is a really nice case. I can highly recommend this to anyone who needs a case.

wtiger91
May 3, 2011, 07:03 PM
maru moko II or the switcheasy canvas,,,, decisions, decision... :confused:

jmthigpen
May 3, 2011, 08:12 PM
Please could we get a picture of the red ROTO II case!!

kimkim23
May 4, 2011, 02:03 AM
Steve wrote me that 2-3 weeks to Singapore. Mine was shipped out on Monday. My previous experiences with USPS First Class Mail took approximately 7-8 working days to arrive from OWC to Singapore. So hopefully from Maroo it won't take any longer.

Thanks bro.. er.. are u from hardwarezone?lolz

stiwi
May 4, 2011, 02:07 AM
Thanks bro.. er.. are u from hardwarezone?lolz

Yep ;)

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 07:14 AM
Yay, my case arrived today n the uk, dispatched 27th april.

An0nym0us
May 4, 2011, 09:47 AM
does anyone have a nylon case? i would really like to see a picture of how much bulk that it adds to the iPad. I saw the one with the leather case and that seems pretty thick, but i figured the nylon might be thinner. Any responses would be great. :)

King Luis
May 4, 2011, 10:10 AM
if i have to cancel my treegloo case (paypal resolution is 45 days, if i don't receive it in 45 days, i'm canceling my order from them), then i will be buying this one.

what is the expected shipping wait? 2-4 weeks? shorter? longer?

jmthigpen
May 4, 2011, 10:15 AM
if i have to cancel my treegloo case (paypal resolution is 45 days, if i don't receive it in 45 days, i'm canceling my order from them), then i will be buying this one.

I ordered the ROTO II last night, shipped this morning.

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 10:15 AM

I was told 2-3 weeks as I am in the UK but I received it 7 days after shipping, in the US, I would imagine it would be 2 days

colsbp
May 4, 2011, 10:17 AM
Just order a KOE II but status pending at the moment. :p

jmthigpen
May 4, 2011, 10:18 AM
Just order a KOE II but status pending at the moment. :p

I was pending for about 12 hours, maybe because I ordered at night.

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 10:48 AM
My Pictures:
Front of the cover
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7959/frontofcoverview.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/frontofcoverview.jpg/)

Indented lines Design on the exterior of the spine
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4272/spineoutsideindents.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/spineoutsideindents.jpg/)

Fine stitching
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8529/sching.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/sching.jpg/)

"Wrinkle" or raised suede on inside spine
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2981/wrinkleinsideofspine.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/wrinkleinsideofspine.jpg/)

Back of inside flap (leather I think!)
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8183/leatherbackofinsideflap.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/leatherbackofinsideflap.jpg/)

Inside blue suede and flap, looks grey in photo, don't know why
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6308/bluesuedeoninside.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/bluesuedeoninside.jpg/)

Camera cut-out, ignore the white blur!
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1812/cameracutout.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/cameracutout.jpg/)

nylon support flap bracket
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2104/nylonsupportflapbracket.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/nylonsupportflapbracket.jpg/)

Cover folded back

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4959/screenviewcoverfoldedba.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/148/screenviewcoverfoldedba.jpg/)

Side-view with Cover folded back

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2135/coverfoldedbacksideview.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/coverfoldedbacksideview.jpg/)

Side-view with Cover folded back

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/189/coverfoldedbacksidespin.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/coverfoldedbacksidespin.jpg/)

Side view with cover lying wide open
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8401/flatdownsideimage2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/flatdownsideimage2.jpg/)

Side view with cover lying wide open/switch side
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3130/flatdownsideimage1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/flatdownsideimage1.jpg/)

Side view of typing position
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/337/typingpositionsideof.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/typingpositionsideof.jpg/)

Front view of typing position
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/223/typingpositionfrontscre.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/typingpositionfrontscre.jpg/)

Side view of movie/external keyboard position

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5702/moviewatchingstandorext.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/moviewatchingstandorext.jpg/)

Back view of movie/external keyboard position
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5702/moviewatchingstandorext.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/moviewatchingstandorext.jpg/)

Case facing flat down

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5987/coverlaidflatbackof.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/coverlaidflatbackof.jpg/)

Bumper
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6769/bumpern.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/bumpern.jpg/)

Cover open
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4950/coveropenscreenon.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/coveropenscreenon.jpg/)

The weight of the iPad and case is 971g, case alone is 355g, iPad is 615g.

The spine, i.e. the base when it is in the movie position is 7cm.

The width from the side with the flap closed is 2cm

The stitching on the camera looks bad in the close up but if you look at the other photos, you can see this isn't the case. Another point is that the suede interior looks greyish in the photos but it is actually a kind of aqua light grey!

Hope this helps

I plan on doing a full review when I have time

An0nym0us
May 4, 2011, 11:27 AM
i was wondering if u could take one of the ipad in the case laying next to something so i can judge to see if its as less or as thick as the leather one. Great pics btw!

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM
i was wondering if u could take one of the ipad in the case laying next to something so i can judge to see if its as less or as thick as the leather one. Great pics btw!

sure!

http://uploadpad.com/files/DSCF0297.JPG
http://uploadpad.com/files/DSCF0298.JPG
http://uploadpad.com/files/DSCF0299.JPG

Hope that helps!

Cybersteve
May 4, 2011, 12:08 PM
I was told 2-3 weeks as I am in the UK but I received it 7 days after shipping, in the US, I would imagine it would be 2 days

Just to give you all an update on how we ship the covers. Every cover is ship using the US postal service. Due to the high volume, thank you all, shipping days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For the US order we use 3 day priority, for outside the US we use the standard mail. This keeps the cost down from $30+ with UPS/Fex to $10+ using the post office. Of couse using the post office for overseas shipments can take up to 2-3 weeks for some, others it can be shorter.

You will see your tracking # via email first before the webiste is update.

Hope this helps.....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

jmthigpen
May 4, 2011, 12:58 PM
Just to give you all an update on how we ship the covers. Every cover is ship using the US postal service. Due to the high volume, thank you all, shipping days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For the US order we use 3 day priority, for outside the US we use the standard mail. This keeps the cost down from $30+ with UPS/Fex to $10+ using the post office. Of couse using the post office for overseas shipments can take up to 2-3 weeks for some, others it can be shorter.

You will see your tracking # via email first before the webiste is update.

Hope this helps.....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

CyberSteve, could you post a picture of the white ipad 2 with the ROTO II cover?

xraydoc
May 4, 2011, 01:28 PM
Yikes. Those are some LARGE pictures!

Cybersteve
May 4, 2011, 03:10 PM
CyberSteve, could you post a picture of the white ipad 2 with the ROTO II cover?

Here you go....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 03:52 PM
Yikes. Those are some LARGE pictures!

Yh, sorry about that, those with smaller monitors can zoom out, or click on an image to go directly the album.
I resized and reuploaded 3 times but it didnt seem to make a difference.
Better too big than too small! :P

Chic0
May 4, 2011, 04:40 PM
Having a bit of a problem here trying to order the Moko II case. I've entered all my details then click on the Login to Paypal button.

After entering my password, I am logged in. I then click Continue button and am taken back to the Maroo order page with a message stating my Paypal account has not been validated :(

Any ideas Steve? Is there maybe another way to pay?

It could be something to do with me using my mobile broadband dongle as i am away from home at the moment. Maybe I could try tomorrow on my work PC....

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 04:44 PM
Having a bit of a problem here trying to order the Moko II case. I've entered all my details then click on the Login to Paypal button.

After entering my password, I am logged in. I then click Continue button and am taken back to the Maroo order page with a message stating my Paypal account has not been validated :(

It could be something to do with me using my mobile broadband dongle as i am away from home at the moment. Maybe I could try tomorrow on my work PC....

Strange. Is your paypal account verified?

kazaam93
May 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
Here you go....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

P.s. I never received a cleaning cloth :confused:

Chic0
May 4, 2011, 05:00 PM
Strange. Is your paypal account verified?

Managed to place an order now, but had to use my partner's paypal.

Looking forward to getting this case. I actually ordered the Marware CEO Hybrid yesterday, but I only just noticed that the speaker grille is covered up on that one :(

Will keep that one asa spare and use the Moko as my primary case :D

Cheers

stiwi
May 4, 2011, 05:02 PM
P.s. I never received a cleaning cloth :confused:

It comes free only with Moko II and Roto II.

jmthigpen
May 4, 2011, 05:15 PM
Here you go....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

awesome, Thanks! glad I went with the ROTO II!

King Julian
May 4, 2011, 05:37 PM
Managed to place an order now, but had to use my partner's paypal.

Looking forward to getting this case. I actually ordered the Marware CEO Hybrid yesterday, but I only just noticed that the speaker grille is covered up on that one :(

Will keep that one asa spare and use the Moko as my primary case :D

Cheers

Strange, I had all manor of problems trying to pay via Paypal, gave up in the end. I will contact Paypal tomorrow, I think it is just International Customers?

State Your Case
May 4, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Steve,

After lengthy research on these and other forums, I (thankfully) realized today this was what I was looking for all along. Not sure why I passed on it from being on my short list - maybe the corner bumpers came off as funky looking and unable to protect as well as something with casing all around but when I actually thought about it, the design makes good sense.

My main question for you is this: Have you focused a little extra on ensuring the cases don't create a stubborn crease in the spine? I don't care about getting scratches on the thing (that's what it's for right?) but if i could feel the crease every time I used it, I'd probably ask to exchange for another one.

Also, what are your plans with maroo vs cyber acoustics? Why two different companies for the same product? While I probably wont buy a second case unless the wife decides she likes the ipad so much she wants one, will you allow users to upload a pattern to be used on a customized nylon case and will you consider using a rugged looking leather with thick, high contrast stitching?

Thanks for making a case that looks to be well made while not costing more than a case should cost. 40 bucks is about as much as I'd want to spend and I think this looks well worth that investment.

Cybersteve
May 4, 2011, 06:35 PM

You may have had a problem with the mobile dongle. Likely a cookie hand-off issue that PayPal isn’t getting through your mobile set up.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

kazaam93
May 5, 2011, 09:03 AM
It comes free only with Moko II and Roto II.

Oh ok thanks

jokerz126
May 5, 2011, 10:17 AM
just wondering if I have Ghost Armor protection on the front and back of my ipad 2, will this Maroo case fit it OK??....anyone have it with front+back protection so far? Cybersteve?

Thanks!

Cybersteve
May 5, 2011, 10:19 AM
Hey Steve,

After lengthy research on these and other forums, I (thankfully) realized today this was what I was looking for all along. Not sure why I passed on it from being on my short list - maybe the corner bumpers came off as funky looking and unable to protect as well as something with casing all around but when I actually thought about it, the design makes good sense.

My main question for you is this: Have you focused a little extra on ensuring the cases don't create a stubborn crease in the spine? I don't care about getting scratches on the thing (that's what it's for right?) but if i could feel the crease every time I used it, I'd probably ask to exchange for another one.

Also, what are your plans with maroo vs cyber acoustics? Why two different companies for the same product? While I probably wont buy a second case unless the wife decides she likes the ipad so much she wants one, will you allow users to upload a pattern to be used on a customized nylon case and will you consider using a rugged looking leather with thick, high contrast stitching?

Thanks for making a case that looks to be well made while not costing more than a case should cost. 40 bucks is about as much as I'd want to spend and I think this looks well worth that investment.

When we hear comments from our customers that can improve the product, we listen and are thankful. The problem with the spine has been addressed. Why two companies? When you think of tablet covers, the words "Cyber Acoustics" really doesn't fit. Our aim was to create something unique and easy to remember, like "Maroo".

We are looking into the possibility for customization, but that is ways away. As for future designs, we will be adding them about every other month.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

King Julian
May 5, 2011, 10:32 AM
CyberSteve

I am still having difficulties with paying you through Paypal, any ideas. Paypal refers me back to Cyber Acoustics for transactions through regular checkout flow?

weaselmtl
May 5, 2011, 10:36 AM
Anyone ship a Maroo case to Canada? What is shipping method (USPS, Fexex, Puro, etc.)? Will I be charged duty/tax when it crosses border?

Thanks.

kazaam93
May 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
CyberSteve

I am still having difficulties with paying you through Paypal, any ideas. Paypal refers me back to Cyber Acoustics for transactions through regular checkout flow?

They are the same company.

kazaam93
May 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
Anyone ship a Maroo case to Canada? What is shipping method (USPS, Fexex, Puro, etc.)? Will I be charged duty/tax when it crosses border?

Thanks.

USPS First Class International.
M in the uk and never got any charges or fees

jmthigpen
May 5, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cybersteeve, or anyone with a ROKO II maroo case - how bright is the red? From the picture's I've seen on the Maroo website and this thread I can't really tell - they all look different. Is it a dark red? or in your face bright red? I would prefer darker.

Cybersteve
May 5, 2011, 11:25 AM
jmthigpen - It is more on the darker side. Not a in your face red.

weaselmtl - You will receive it via Canadian Post and you might be subject to GST.

jokerz126 - There is about a 1mm tolerance between the TPU chassis and the iPad. I caution that if the material afix to the back of your iPad is soft, the TPU chassis might leave an impression.

Cyber Steve
Cyber Acoustics

weaselmtl
May 5, 2011, 11:35 AM

weaselmtl - You will receive it via Canadian Post and you might be subject to GST.

jokerz126 - There is about a 1mm tolerance between the TPU chassis and the iPad. I caution that if the material afix to the back of your iPad is soft, the TPU chassis might leave an impression.

Cyber Steve
Cyber Acoustics

Thanks for your reply Cybersteve. I sent you a PM.

colsbp
May 5, 2011, 11:44 AM

Cyber Steve
Cyber Acoustics

Hi steve, does this mean it is better not to use any protection on the back of the ipad. need to know before i buy my screen protection.

Cybersteve
May 5, 2011, 11:58 AM
Hi steve, does this mean it is better not to use any protection on the back of the ipad. need to know before i buy my screen protection.

If you plan on leaving the iPad in the case, I would not see the reason to purchase protection for the back of the iPad. For the front, thats a personal preference.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

skydancer
May 5, 2011, 12:18 PM
I too tried to buy a Maroo case via Pay Pal, I had had a red cyber Acoustics case for my original ipad and loved it, when I passed the iPad on to my son he wanted the Maroo Mana. As far as I can now work out from trawling the web, Pay Pal will let you buy so much then it will insist you get what it calls "verified" in short this amounts to you giving Pay Pal your Bank details as a sort fo security for anyone who deals with you like on EBay. But even though you can then use your credit card once you have done this anytime you buy something it will automatically default to use your bank account instead of your credit card so saving them money on the card issuer fees. You have to jump through hoops each time to use your credit card. Apparently this is to make us use their own Santander credit card. There is a lot of bad feeling about this on the web with cases of people even having money taken from their accounts for things they have not even bought and in some payment disputes if they think you are in the wrong they just take money from your account! I really want to buy this Maroo case but feel very uneasy giving Pay Pal access to my bank details and think this default payment system they have is disgraceful.
I am therefore waiting to see if a UK distributor for Maroo is found soon.

This Pay Pal problem is really bad as so many small companies use it. Not sure what to do, some people have opened extra bank accounts with just a small amount in them for safety and given Pay Pal those details. Horrible situation with what used to be such a good system. I am not sure if they are targeting international customers especially at the moment but a lot of us seem to have been hit at the same time. Makes shopping online very difficult for us all.

amac4me
May 5, 2011, 01:56 PM
Steve,

Can you please describe the differences between the 4 leather cases? I understand that the MAUNGA II & KUMARA II differ from the MOKO II & ROTO II in that they use "high quality fine leather" but is this the only difference?

What are the differences between the MAUNGA II & KUMARA II. Is the KUMARA II just thinner?

I'm leaning towards the MAUNGA II or KUMARA II but would like some more information about them prior to purchasing.

Thanks!

Cybersteve
May 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
Steve,

Can you please describe the differences between the 4 leather cases? I understand that the MAUNGA II & KUMARA II differ from the MOKO II & ROTO II in that they use "high quality fine leather" but is this the only difference?

Yes, both the MAUNGA & KUMARA have a fine exterior leather with the interior being the same as the MOKO & ROTO.

What are the differences between the MAUNGA II & KUMARA II. Is the KUMARA II just thinner?

Both are the same thickness. The MAUNGA is back in color and the KUMARA is a dark brown.

I'm leaning towards the MAUNGA II or KUMARA II but would like some more information about them prior to purchasing.

Please don't lean to far
Thanks!

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

f1restarter
May 5, 2011, 02:33 PM
So Amex is not supported even though it shows as accepted form of payment?

ninerfan
May 5, 2011, 02:40 PM
Cybersteeve, or anyone with a ROKO II maroo case - how bright is the red? From the picture's I've seen on the Maroo website and this thread I can't really tell - they all look different. Is it a dark red? or in your face bright red? I would prefer darker.

jmthigpen, I have the ROKO II case. The red is not the bright red that is shown in the box in CyberSteve's demo video. And it is NOT the bright red of the leather Smart Cover either. I am not sure if it was the lighting they were using, or my computers and i devices, but it is not that red.

It is more like a deep burgundy or maroon. And the inside suede material is almost a fuschia color.

To be honest, it was not the color I was expecting, but I love everything about the case so much that to me it is not an issue. My iPad is black and the combo is stunning.

Hope this helps!

ninerfan
May 5, 2011, 02:45 PM
When we hear comments from our customers that can improve the product, we listen and are thankful. The problem with the spine has been addressed. Why two companies? When you think of tablet covers, the words "Cyber Acoustics" really doesn't fit. Our aim was to create something unique and easy to remember, like "Maroo".

We are looking into the possibility for customization, but that is ways away. As for future designs, we will be adding them about every other month.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

I am curious as to what kind of change you are making to the spine. I don't have a wrinkling problem but the spine itself is extremely thin which could become a concern.

jmthigpen
May 5, 2011, 02:57 PM
jmthigpen, I have the ROKO II case. The red is not the bright red that is shown in the box in CyberSteve's demo video. And it is NOT the bright red of the leather Smart Cover either. I am not sure if it was the lighting they were using, or my computers and i devices, but it is not that red.

It is more like a deep burgundy or maroon. And the inside suede material is almost a fuschia color.

To be honest, it was not the color I was expecting, but I love everything about the case so much that to me it is not an issue. My iPad is black and the combo is stunning.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! That's awesome, I was getting a little worried that it would be bright red like some of the pics I've seen. I've got a white ipad 2 on order so we'll see how that looks - I'll post pictures :cool:

Cybersteve
May 5, 2011, 04:46 PM
I am curious as to what kind of change you are making to the spine. I don't have a wrinkling problem but the spine itself is extremely thin which could become a concern.

We are making no changes to the spine just making sure we don't have the wrinkle problem. I have been using the original case with the same spine design for just about a year now and having no problems.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ninerfan
May 5, 2011, 05:59 PM
We are making no changes to the spine just making sure we don't have the wrinkle problem. I have been using the original case with the same spine design for just about a year now and having no problems.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Good to know :). Thanks!

nharrisn
May 5, 2011, 07:08 PM
When we hear comments from our customers that can improve the product, we listen and are thankful.

We are looking into the possibility for customization

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Well then, how about a version for us left handed people? :)The hand strap needs to be closer to the spine instead of the edge for holding the iPad in the right hand and typing with the left. Or an ambidextrous version with strap right in the centre...

Hellokittyutah
May 5, 2011, 07:13 PM
I really like this case but I would like to know how much weight and bulk does it really add? Is it comparable to the Yoobau in terms of thinness?

An0nym0us
May 5, 2011, 08:37 PM
I really like this case but I would like to know how much weight and bulk does it really add? Is it comparable to the Yoobau in terms of thinness?

Adds a fair amount of bulk, but to be honest i think its worth the trade off in the long run for protection. up to you though. only thing i'm waiten on is new designs, can't seem to find one i like right now :)

(credit of the picture goes to kazaam93)

Xeryuslee
May 5, 2011, 08:58 PM
Deleted

London23
May 5, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hey CyberSteve...does the Tatau II have leather binding and back, and the clear corner bumpers? And also what color and finish is the interior of this case? Many thanks!

Cybersteve
May 6, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hey CyberSteve...does the Tatau II have leather binding and back, and the clear corner bumpers? And also what color and finish is the interior of this case? Many thanks!

The Tatau II fabric/design is on the front and back of the cover, with smoke clear bumbers. The inside color is a coco brown.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

reebs
May 6, 2011, 10:33 AM

I'll be receiving this today. Will post pics ASAP!

Nightz
May 6, 2011, 10:49 AM
Finally caved in and ordered a MOKO last night. Hope to get it by early next week! :D

London23
May 6, 2011, 03:39 PM
Wow! I'm uber impressed! Ordered my Tatau II this afternoon @ 12:57 and got an email of shipment @ 2:30! Nuf sed! You rock CyberSteve!!!

London23
May 6, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'll be receiving this today. Will post pics ASAP!

Yes please do! Can't wait to get mine :D

King Julian
May 6, 2011, 04:07 PM
They are the same company.

Thanks I am aware they are the same company. I have contacted Maroo direct to try and resolve the issues. I have contacted Paypal and tried two different Paypal accounts but no luck.

If I can't get it resolved by the end of the week then it looks like I won't be able to buy one.

Unless Maroo wish to ship me one for free!

reebs
May 6, 2011, 07:37 PM
Received today and am loving it! Wondering why they didn't incorporate the leather binding on some of the other cases in the design but maybe just an aesthetic thing.

reebs
May 6, 2011, 07:39 PM
here you go...

ninerfan
May 6, 2011, 09:08 PM
Really nice looking case, Reebs!!! What are the actual colors of the exterior and interior?

stiwi
May 7, 2011, 04:02 AM
Received today and am loving it! Wondering why they didn't incorporate the leather binding on some of the other cases in the design but maybe just an aesthetic thing.

Colors of your Tatau II look completely different to the ones published on Maroo website, just the pattern seems right. How is that possible?

Jhutchings
May 7, 2011, 08:24 AM
I must say this case is a pleasant surprise. Ivhave most of the cases commented on this board. Yoobau,dodocase, Portenzo, STM skinny, switch easy, etc. This case really works well. All these cases have some flaws but I will say this seems to be the perfect case for me. Of course everyone has their favorites. For me this case covers all the basics. Good protection, the viewing angles are good the case price wasmgood and guess what I did not have to wait a month for it. The iPad is secure in the case and easy to remove. It is not the thinnest but you get what you pay for good protection and a well excited case. Maybe the best one out there at the moment.

reebs
May 7, 2011, 08:55 AM
Colors of your Tatau II look completely different to the ones published on Maroo website, just the pattern seems right. How is that possible?

Sorry, my pics did NOT show the light green color outline around the brown pattern. I used my iPhone, not sure why. Pic on Maroo site is more accurate. Interior is cocoa brown. I will try to post more pics later.

Cybersteve
May 7, 2011, 11:34 AM
Some have written in asking for a better idea of the Matau II pattern/look. Hopefully this picture will answer your questions.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

jmthigpen
May 7, 2011, 01:50 PM
Just got the Roto II in the mail - the quality has exceeded my expectations.

Here are a few pics of the case - enjoy :)

fishcube
May 7, 2011, 06:58 PM
here you go...

What colors are in this design?

fishcube
May 7, 2011, 07:14 PM
Great catch Brian... the original prototypes had the clear TPU chassis. We decided to change it to a kinda clear smoke black. Correction to the site will be up shortly.

CyberSteve
CyberAcoustics

Can I order a case with clear corners? I don't want smoke with my white iPad.

reebs
May 7, 2011, 07:29 PM
What colors are in this design?

Well the main pattern is in a light brown outlined in suttle lime green color. Main color is cream color with the light brown and green plaid type pattern. If you go to Maroo's website and zoom on the pic, that is the exact colors. Great quality and workmanship!

fishcube
May 7, 2011, 08:34 PM
Well the main pattern is in a light brown outlined in suttle lime green color. Main color is cream color with the light brown and green plaid type pattern. If you go to Maroo's website and zoom on the pic, that is the exact colors. Great quality and workmanship!

Wow, pics look pink.

xraydoc
May 8, 2011, 08:26 AM
Received my black leather model on Friday. I really like this case. The iPad is very secure with the TPU corner mounts and I like the elastic that holds the front flap corners closed (cover won't open if you accidentally drop it). And stands up on a wedge like the original Apple iPad cases. And the magnetic smart cover is a nice touch.

I think I've finally found a case for my iPad 2 that I'll stick with! Huzzah!

State Your Case
May 8, 2011, 08:46 AM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Glad to hear about the spine and the separate Maroo brand makes sense.

Since you like to hear customer comments/ideas, I had one to share. Companies like Saddleback leather and a few other companies like temple bags make great looking, thick leather cases. They're extremely durable and have a great "manly" look to them. However, they also cost 130-200+ bucks.

When I saw saddleback's ad for their case say that it would easily outlast the ipad it made me think it doesn't make sense to pay so much for a case that will be obsolete when I'm done with the ipad 2 (probably a year to two years depending on how much I like the ipad 3)

Your chassis system is easily adaptable to many types of tablets so why not offer a thick leather case that features a detachable TPU chassis? The higher expense of the leather could be justified because it would be "the last case you'll ever buy" kind of thing. While you're at it, make this rugged case slightly thinner- the thick leather wouldn't need padding so hopefully that should help reduce bulk and if you could make all this happen for ~$100-120 (along with the idea that changing to a different TPU chassis would only cost say 15-20) you would probably see a lot of interest.

In the meanwhile, keep up the good work!

kazaam93
May 8, 2011, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear about the spine and the separate Maroo brand makes sense.
Your chassis system is easily adaptable to many types of tablets so why not offer a thick leather case that features a detachable TPU chassis? The higher expense of the leather could be justified because it would be "the last case you'll ever buy" kind of thing. While you're at it, make this rugged case slightly thinner- the thick leather wouldn't need padding so hopefully that should help reduce bulk and if you could make all this happen for ~$100-120 (along with the idea that changing to a different TPU chassis would only cost say 15-20) you would probably see a lot of interest.

In the meanwhile, keep up the good work!

Why make such an expensive case? Am I right on thiking that you are suggesting an "adaptable" or "multifcuntional" case in which different tablets can be placed? Some tablets are smaller than others so would the actual case not be too small or too big in some cases, but then again I am not clued up on the different sizes of the most popular tablets out there at the moment, but if the tablets are roughly the same size, this makes sense I guess!

But it would be quite fiddly or difficult to make the detachable chassis system secure when attached, would it not? I can see where yu are coming from, but I, personally prefer having a separate case for each device rather than one universal case,.

State Your Case
May 8, 2011, 10:34 AM
I guess it makes the most sense if you're looking for an ipad case and assume that the next few generations will stick to a similar size but with different thickness.

If the chassis were locked in place with a few clasps it should be sturdy but it was just an idea i had for an upscale, full grain leather case. might be more complicated than it's worth but i'll throw it out there

It looks like the Saddleback case is "only" $104 but again, it will be obsolete soon enough. gotta love the leather though.. the dark coffee brown is my personal favorite (http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130-iPad-2-Case/products/4630-Leather-iPad-Case-Dark-Coffee-Brown) but yeah if you combined switchable TPU bumpers with that kind of leather, I'd be buying a second case.

Cybersteve
May 8, 2011, 12:41 PM
Fishcube - We found that the clear chassis corner might have the tendency to discolor after a long period of time, like 2-3 years. That is why we made the change to the clear smoke grey. There have been several comments on how this new look clashes with the white iPad. We haven't decided on whether we will offer a clear chassis system in the black and red covers yet. If we do, it probably will not be available until late June.

State Your Case - You make an interesting point. We will have to ponder this.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

batman75
May 8, 2011, 05:43 PM
I guess it makes the most sense if you're looking for an ipad case and assume that the next few generations will stick to a similar size but with different thickness.

If the chassis were locked in place with a few clasps it should be sturdy but it was just an idea i had for an upscale, full grain leather case. might be more complicated than it's worth but i'll throw it out there

It looks like the Saddleback case is "only" $104 but again, it will be obsolete soon enough. gotta love the leather though.. the dark coffee brown is my personal favorite (http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130-iPad-2-Case/products/4630-Leather-iPad-Case-Dark-Coffee-Brown) but yeah if you combined switchable TPU bumpers with that kind of leather, I'd be buying a second case.

The problem with saddleback is that they cover up the bezel. This ruins the look and feel of the ipad in the opinion of many on this forum.

State Your Case
May 8, 2011, 06:13 PM
The problem with saddleback is that they cover up the bezel. This ruins the look and feel of the ipad in the opinion of many on this forum.

Totally agree with you there. I wouldn't want Maroo to copy their case, just use that type of thick leather in place of the thinner leather & padding since the chassis takes care of most of the shock protection and the thick leather will equally protect the back & screen from anything else while reducing just a little bulk and adding extra durability. As it wears, it will probably look and feel even better IMO.

batman75
May 8, 2011, 09:09 PM
Totally agree with you there. I wouldn't want Maroo to copy their case, just use that type of thick leather in place of the thinner leather & padding since the chassis takes care of most of the shock protection and the thick leather will equally protect the back & screen from anything else while reducing just a little bulk and adding extra durability. As it wears, it will probably look and feel even better IMO.

I think that's a good idea.

I'm pretty impressed with Maroo. I spoke with Steve when he communicated to me the shipping delay on the Maunga II. Very professional, very honest, and clearly they do things right rather than taking shortcuts. Their handling of supplier delays and also of the ridge issue has been impeccable.

In stark contrast to many others. Especially Vaja Cases who I used in the past and wouldn't use again.

I'd love to see Maroo broaden into a wider range of even more premium products.

State Your Case
May 9, 2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah open communication & solid customer feedback convinced me this was the way to go. Just ordered the Moko II & I'm happy my case search is over.

Farrellcollie
May 9, 2011, 06:17 PM
I just received the roto 2 case I ordered last thursday night. The case is good for my purposes of a gap measure until I receive my grove bamboo case which will probably not be until july. The outside color is a dark red or maroon and I think it oddly clashes with the interior which is, to me, an unfortunate purplish color. I would have ordered the more expensive brown case, but the delivery schedule seemed uncertain (I cannot recall the actual name of the brown leather case and I do find the silly names for what is basically black, maroon and brown to be unnecessary). The smoke clips do not bother me with my white ipad. The case is kind of squishy from the padding and the leather is not tightly wrapped (like the fit of the leather smart cover from apple which of course does not have padding.). I can lift up about 3/4 inch of leather if i run my hand across the cover. The padding does seem to make the ipad seem quite safe in case of accidental dropping or in a non padded bag, but I personally would like a tighter fit on the leather to its interior shaping material (cardboard I assume) and less padding. The soft spine was a bit of a surprise, but does not seem to affect the stand positions. The hand strap and closing straps are nice. Overall it seems to be a well made case.

Hellokittyutah
May 9, 2011, 07:36 PM
when are the fine leather cases going to be available? I would like to know aprox so that I can make a decision regarding which case to order.

Rgladman
May 9, 2011, 07:56 PM
when are the fine leather cases going to be available? I would like to know aprox so that I can make a decision regarding which case to order.

I have the Kumara II on order and have been told it will ship on 5/11.

Cybersteve
May 9, 2011, 08:22 PM
I have the Kumara II on order and have been told it will ship on 5/11.

We are still on track for 05/11 to ship the fine leather covers.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ccb0x45
May 10, 2011, 01:32 AM
Hey everyone.

I just wanted to say thanks for the input on this case. I have gone through 2 other cases already, the griffin folio(fell apart really quick, and didnt have a smart cover), and then the acase from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-EZ-Carry-Polyurethane-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B004UDH29K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305008609&sr=8-1

Do not buy the above case, it is a peice of junk. I really had high hopes because it was so slim. The smart cover works well on it, but the cutouts suck horrible and you are constantly shifting it around(luckily I got it for under 20 bucks from a dealnews deal), but worst of all the case is held together by glue, which came apart after 3 days and the entire case fell apart. I think it was from using the case outside in the sun which caused the glue to melt and not hold.

I really wanted a thin case however after reading the reviews and videos of the maroo case I bought it, and I just got it today(very fast shipping). It is MUCH higher quality than the other cases, I love every part of the design, especially how it exposes the whole bezel. My only complaint is the thickness, but I knew that going in that it would be thick and its actually less thick than I thought it would be. It doesn't add much weight, but I really think the thickness is worth it because I know I could drop this thing and it definitely will protect the ipad well, and I do tend to drop stuff.

The stand works great and the elastic straps are really nice to keep it closed when throwing it in your bag, or to keep it in book mode, I find I actually use them a lot more than I thought. The hand strap I think is kinda stupid, its a little too loose to be useful, but that really wasn't a big feature to me. The spine was a little wrinkly when I first got it but it has evened out after using it and I don't notice it anymore. The smart cover magnets work perfect.

Anyways thanks for helping me find a case that I can stick with. My only regret actually is I wimped out and bought the basic black Moko II, which looks really nice and professional, but I kinda wish I got one of the designs ones because it would have made it stand out a bit more.

I honestly feel if the case is closed with the straps on I could throw it across the room on a hardwood floor and not even hurt the ipad one bit.

Farrellcollie
May 10, 2011, 01:52 AM
I agree about the handstrap being too loose. I really like the idea of it more than the execution. I have been playing with it all day and it is more and more annoying because it is just not tight enough. I am a little disappointed because the handstrap was a plus for me. I am trying to figure out if I can make it tighter somehow. The little straps on the edges do a great job so far.

ccb0x45
May 10, 2011, 02:02 AM
Yea I agree if they tightened it up it would probably be more useful. It really wasn't a plus for me though because it seemed like a gimmick, and when using it it feels like a gimmick definitely, but its not like you need to use it or it detracts from the case. If it was tighter it would maybe really be useful. Cybersteve, if you revise the case with a tighter handstrap I think I should receive a replacement free of charge for presenting you with such a great idea. :p

Really this is an awesome case though aside from that.

One thing I wanted to mention that I like about this case is the little flap for business cards or whatever, I actually keep my little screen cleaner cloth in there which is handy for wiping my greasy finger prints off the screen.

All in all I give this case 8.5 out of 10.

In comparison I give my last two cases 3/10 so I am a harsh reviewer.

Hellokittyutah
May 10, 2011, 06:27 AM
I would like to know a little bit more about the Kumara II. Is it kind of purple? From the screen it looks like a nice tone of deep purple but I want to make sure.

King Julian
May 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
After battling with Paypal I eventually won and ordered a Moko II case. Not too long after I ordered I received an email confirming my case had been dispatched.

Through my issues with Paypal and behind the scenes emails with Cyberacoustics(aka Maroo) the customer service has been excellent so far.

Looking forward to receiving my case and will report back.

Cybersteve
May 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
I hear you all loud and clear on the hand strap being too loose.

Hellokittyutah - The Kumara II color is more of a dark coca brown color. I am waiting for them to arrive so I can get better pic posted on the site.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ninerfan
May 10, 2011, 10:31 AM
Funny thing, my handstrap is quite tight, in fact I have to wiggle my hand to use it.

Hellokittyutah ... the Kumara II is not purple :( I think if I keep asking on a daily basis, perhaps Cybersteve will relent and suggest to the powers that be in Maroo, to make a lovely deep purple leather case!! /hints broadly

Rgladman
May 10, 2011, 01:42 PM
We are still on track for 05/11 to ship the fine leather covers.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

CyberSteve,

I just received my shipment notice for my Kumara II so you beat your estimate by a day.

Really looking forward to replacing my current Yoobao case.

Thanks for the great customer service.

State Your Case
May 10, 2011, 04:16 PM
I hear you all loud and clear on the hand strap being too loose.

Hellokittyutah - The Kumara II color is more of a dark coca brown color. I am waiting for them to arrive so I can get better pic posted on the site.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Oh wow I thought it was purple. I'm looking forward to seeing the Moko II in person.

Hellokittyutah
May 10, 2011, 06:37 PM
I am so sad it is not purple :mad: Now I dont know what to do:confused: I want an unusual leather color besides red!

Hellokittyutah
May 10, 2011, 07:03 PM
I just decided to order the red one, it really looks like a well made case. I am kind of annoyed with Yoobau!

Nightz
May 11, 2011, 01:24 PM
Cybersteve,

I sent an e-mail to Maroo about returning my case a couple of days ago, but I haven't gotten a response. Is there a faster way to contact the company?

jmthigpen
May 11, 2011, 01:42 PM
Cybersteve,

I sent an e-mail to Maroo about returning my case a couple of days ago, but I haven't gotten a response. Is there a faster way to contact the company?

why are you returning nightz?

Nightz
May 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
why are you returning nightz?

It wasn't anything wrong with the case for sure, just more of a personal preference. It's definitely well made, protects the iPad perfectly and I love the chassis system they have on it, so I would have no problem recommending it to people. I'd just rather have a thinner case that'll preserve the form factor of the iPad 2.

Cybersteve
May 11, 2011, 04:58 PM
The Maunga II and Kumara II are now shipping :)

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

ninerfan
May 11, 2011, 05:10 PM
The Maunga II and Kumara II are now shipping :)

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Pictures please!! Thanks CyberSteve!

Cybersteve
May 11, 2011, 05:20 PM
Pictures please!! Thanks CyberSteve!

They are on there way to the professional photographer today. You don't want me taking the pic. I hope to have them up on the site next Wednesday. I want to make sure we show the correct color for the Kumara II and for that I need the proper lighting and a professional.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics.

janita
May 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
From what I've been reading the Kumara II is actually a cocoa brown color. What about the Maunga II? I first thought it was black but now am wondering if it is a charcoal grey or even a blue grey shade.

Cybersteve
May 11, 2011, 06:02 PM
From what I've been reading the Kumara II is actually a cocoa brown color. What about the Maunga II? I first thought it was black but now am wondering if it is a charcoal grey or even a blue grey shade.

It is definitely black.....

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

janita
May 11, 2011, 06:19 PM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Thanks CyberSteve. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures when they come out.

BlindMellon
May 11, 2011, 07:04 PM
I can vouch that these are fantastic cases. I inadvertently ordered an iPad 1 case for my new iPad 2, but never the less it's a very nice and functional case. These are the best I've seen.

colsbp
May 12, 2011, 07:22 AM
Anyone receive KOE II? mind posting some pictures?

stiwi
May 12, 2011, 08:40 AM
It took 10 days in total to have this case delivered to Singapore.
I had an opportunity to see and play with few cases at one of the store here and I was concerned about Maroo after seeing the crap other brands are selling and people buying, including so famous Switcheasy Canvas. Seriously, what's all the fuss about this piece of... Canvas. I could hardly open it and was unable to close it, not to mention how bad was overall feel and quality.

I was sure my wife (for who is Maroo case intended) won't be happy if this case is like the others I saw... Fortunately it looks very well, the suede interior is very nice in look and feel, bumpers look solid and the overall case seem to be well thought. I thought it is also going to be more bulky than it actually is. Wife is happy, so she made some photos and asked me to share:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010385.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010386.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010387.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010388.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010390.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010391.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904840/Maroo/P1010392.jpg

Also the customer service from Maroo / CA has been excellent. I accidentally ordered Aranga for Ipad 1 but it was promptly sorted out by Steve.

f1restarter
May 12, 2011, 02:00 PM
Just received my Moko 2 case and I have to say this is exactly the design I was looking for to protect my iPad 2. Very good quality and the iPad 2 feels very snug and secure. The cleaning cloth is definitely a nice bonus!

whudat
May 12, 2011, 02:27 PM
Just purchased the Cyber Acoustics IC-1002BK unit directly from Cyber Acoustics. Just what I was looking for. A little heavier than I wanted but I can deal with it. I wanted the Maroo case without the Maroo logo for a simpler and cleaner look.

Chic0
May 12, 2011, 02:57 PM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

oh man.....I thought the Maunga II was a blue grey colour.
I didn't realise it was actually black.

I have already ordered the Moko II. Is there a noticeable cosmetic difference between both cases?

batman75
May 12, 2011, 07:07 PM
I received my Kumara II case today. I had originally ordered the Maunga II, but when Steve told me that he thought the Kumara II was more distinctive because of its very dark brown finish, I took his advice and went for that one.

The color of the Kumara II is a deep dark brown. It is darker than my Mahogany dining table. Almost as dark as my black leather sofa. It reminds me of those very dark brown Gucci suits which at first look black, but as you get close you realize they are a sumptuous velvety dark brown.

Bottom-line the case looks stunning. The quality of the leather is outstanding. It has a premium grain. It is soft but thick. The look and feel is top notch. The stitching is impeccable. It feels like a true luxury product, as it should at this price. And it will look the part when you put it down on the boardroom table as you enter the staff meeting.

The two stand positions work very well, and it feels great to hold. Its lighter than the Toblino case I was using to get by until this arrived.

There are 2 buts:
1) It doesn't have a plush suede lining like the other cases. Feels more like a thin microfiber only a little better than that of the Toblino case. It is very consistent in finish which makes it better than the lining in the Toblino, but it lacks the plushness of the suede lining in the $45 Maroo cases. I was a little disappointed by this. Steve may correct me and tell me it is real suede which is why it isn't as soft as the imitation suede - we shall see.
2) It has the Maroo logo and name on the outside like the other Maroo cases. I was hoping that as a premium case it would be unbranded for more elegance (it seemed unbranded in the photos on the website).

Also their is no microfiber cloth included with this one like there is with the cheaper Maroo case.

An0nym0us
May 12, 2011, 07:27 PM
was wondering if it was possible to find out when new designs for the nylon cases were coming out?

Rgladman
May 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
I received my Kumara II case today. I had originally ordered the Maunga II, but when Steve told me that he thought the Kumara II was more distinctive because of its very dark brown finish, I took his advice and went for that one.

The color of the Kumara II is a deep dark brown. It is darker than my Mahogany dining table. Almost as dark as my black leather sofa. It reminds me of those very dark brown Gucci suits which at first look black, but as you get close you realize they are a sumptuous velvety dark brown.

Bottom-line the case looks stunning. The quality of the leather is outstanding. It has a premium grain. It is soft but thick. The look and feel is top notch. The stitching is impeccable. It feels like a true luxury product, as it should at this price. And it will look the part when you put it down on the boardroom table as you enter the staff meeting.

The two stand positions work very well, and it feels great to hold. Its lighter than the Toblino case I was using to get by until this arrived.

There are 2 buts:
1) It doesn't have a plush suede lining like the other cases. Feels more like a thin microfiber only a little better than that of the Toblino case. It is very consistent in finish which makes it better than the lining in the Toblino, but it lacks the plushness of the suede lining in the $45 Maroo cases. I was a little disappointed by this. Steve may correct me and tell me it is real suede which is why it isn't as soft as the imitation suede - we shall see.
2) It has the Maroo logo and name on the outside like the other Maroo cases. I was hoping that as a premium case it would be unbranded for more elegance (it seemed unbranded in the photos on the website).

Also their is no microfiber cloth included with this one like there is with the cheaper Maroo case.

I also received mine today and I am very pleased with this case. When I first ordered the case I thought is was a deep maroon or wine color and I thought that would be a very distinctive look. After seeing the color of this brown it is also very distinctive and professional looking.

The lining is definitely different than the lesser priced cases but I don't think it will be a problem. Personally I don't mind the Maroo logo, if it was my business I would also want my name associated with such a nice looking case.

I also was disappointed by the lack of the cleaning cloth, the website didn't mention it but I just assumed it would be included in the premium cases.

Hellokittyutah
May 12, 2011, 08:54 PM
Does anybody know about Maroo's return policy? I tried to look it up in the website but did not find. I have not received my case but i am curious to know.

kimkim23
May 13, 2011, 10:15 AM
Reached home to a lovely surprise today, found a parcel on my table and it was the KOE II. i ordered it just 9days back and didnt expect it to be here so fast.
Great product, well built and dont really add a lot of weight to the ipad2. Ordered a portenzo too but oh well as everyone know its taking forever to arrive.I love the color and feel of the KOE II, its easy to insert and remove my ipad.Offer lots of protection, and i just love the red, very funky hehe...:D would had wished for clear bumpers to go well with my white ipad but oh well..
There is the problem of the cease in the middle of the casing but then doesn't really bother me and prehapes it will flatten out in time, not a big prob. Wont mind ordering again from them for sure if theres any new designs which i like in the future.:cool: So here are some photos to share with everyone, taken with my iphone.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/kimkim23/542b660b.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/kimkim23/f6f73ae0.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/kimkim23/34114747.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/kimkim23/bf22c59b.jpg

Cybersteve
May 13, 2011, 10:34 AM
Hellokittyutah - The return policy is 30 days full refund no questions ask.

I will speak to management about adding the micro fiber cloth to the Kumara and Maunga case.

colsbp
May 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hi, if see the below shipping info. Does this mean my case is still in US port?

May 05, 2011 12:17 am PORTLAND, OR 97218 Processed through Sort Facility
May 05, 2011 Electronic Shipping Info Received

stiwi
May 13, 2011, 01:25 PM

Nope, just there is no further tracking for packages that left US.

Cybersteve
May 13, 2011, 03:50 PM

Here is the low down.....

Every cover is shipped out of Washington State via US Post Office priority mail. Unfortunately, if has to travel overseas is has go thru Jamica, New York (US) first before it leaves the US. This takes 3-4 business days. That is why it takes about 8-10 business days to reach an overseas location.

For tracking, sometimes you might see a update from Jamica NY or not, but that doesn't mean the package is in limbo. We never see any tracking once the package is outside the US until if arrives at the final destination. Hope that helps and if you have any quesions, please feel free to send me a PM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

jennison
May 13, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hellokittyutah - The return policy is 30 days full refund no questions ask.
Is an email RMA required or just box it up and return it?

Cybersteve
May 13, 2011, 06:39 PM
Some of you have voice concerns over the sleep/awake feature when you are not using the elastic corner straps to secure the front cover carrying the iPad. What happens, the front of the cover tends to shift invoking the sleep/awake feature and you hear the clicking sound.

The best way to avoid this is to use the corner straps or you can turn off the clicking sound by going to the Settings, General, then Sounds and turn off the lock sounds. Keep in mind that when the iPad is not in motion it will go into sleep mode.

Hope that answers your question…

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

colsbp
May 14, 2011, 09:26 AM
Here is the low down.....

Every cover is shipped out of Washington State via US Post Office priority mail. Unfortunately, if has to travel overseas is has go thru Jamica, New York (US) first before it leaves the US. This takes 3-4 business days. That is why it takes about 8-10 business days to reach an overseas location.

For tracking, sometimes you might see a update from Jamica NY or not, but that doesn't mean the package is in limbo. We never see any tracking once the package is outside the US until if arrives at the final destination. Hope that helps and if you have any quesions, please feel free to send me a PM

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

Thanks steve, I have received my package. The cover is excellent, I love it but there is a small issue. The front cover got a small black dot (should be dirt) How do you recommend I clean it?

Hellokittyutah
May 14, 2011, 06:12 PM
I ordered the Roto II and I am very glad I did. This case is well made and I love the securing system. I am concerned, however, about a problem I am having with standing the case in the vertical position, it is not stable and falls down. Could it be defective? Anybody else having this problem? I have not seen anybody commenting on it so I would assume it is not happening to other people...

Indigovalley
May 14, 2011, 07:49 PM
Thought I'd post a couple pics of my Maroo case. I have the Toki II. I use it in my classroom everyday. My students earn some free time with the iPad at the end of class and so they get to use the case too and give their input. I have been through a lot of iPad cases searching for the one that works best in my situation and I think the Maroo is definitely the one. I like that it's protective but not too bulky. My students like it as it doesn't get in the way of using the device and makes it easier to hold. The typing position works well which is mainly how I use it. I have not tried the portrait position as I rarely use the iPad in that orientation.

Sorry about the quality of the pics, they are from my iPod Touch so low resolution. Hope this works....

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/46b248ce546348f8287f99c9697269897e0d9d56be3edaf58fbdc3173ce67bb46g.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/e647fd77778adea65bfced234e88f1cb8e44811a518bcef88b875b75824f6e5f6g.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/4f4c57c4af6681c12aeea60bd0f4bbf8bf0c9791a95a860b813a499378ea01276g.jpg

BlindMellon
May 15, 2011, 09:51 AM

I gotta tell you, this is the most horrible looking case for the iPad I've ever seen.

https://saddleback_production.s3.amazonaws.com/18151.jpg

State Your Case
May 15, 2011, 01:08 PM
I gotta tell you, this is the most horrible looking case for the iPad I've ever seen.

https://saddleback_production.s3.amazonaws.com/18151.jpg

Agreed. If you look at the rest of the posts (there are a lot of posts so no worries), you'll see I was in favor of using that type of thick leather only & not their case design.

Cybersteve
May 15, 2011, 01:25 PM
Some of written in regarding the stability of the iPad in the landscape position. I believe that the spine is might not be fully extended causing this problem. Pease refer to the pictures on how to set the iPad in the landscape position. The one on the left is the correct position. You might have to do a few times to break it in, but it will work just fine.

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

King Julian
May 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
Just received my Moko II case. Fantastic case, lovely soft leather,plush inside, everyone is going WOW where did you get that from, must of cost a fortune!. The name tag on the front in my opinion looks extremely well, add that touch of class. Well worth the money.

Throughout my journey I have had great customer service and excellent delivery times all the way to Europe.

Thank guys

LanikaiGirl
May 16, 2011, 08:22 PM
Received my Mata II. Beautifully made. It seems to be amazingly protective. I just wish it was a little lighter. It came in at a little over 12oz.

Chic0
May 17, 2011, 06:41 AM
received my Moko II today. Only took about 10days delivery to UK.
Looks great in the flesh and seems well made.

Need to wait a bit longer for my ipad 2 to arrive. At the moment, the tracking is looking like it will be here tomorrow :D

State Your Case
May 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
So far, the case has met or exceeded my expectations. The biggest surprise so far has been the thickness of the leather. It looked really thin in the videos online but it's actually pretty firm feeling. The hand strap is tight enough that it feels secure when I use it, the inside spine has no crease bubbling up at all, and it's thinner than I thought it was so those other potential shortcomings never materialized.

If you're looking at these forums in an effort to make a decision I'd say you can't go wrong with this case. Not only is the case well made, protective, and easy to use, but if you're concerned about a case adding bulk or weight, it takes seconds to pop the case in or out of the bumpers so you can use it as SJ intended and then protect it when you need to.

I personally keep it in the case most of the time for both protection and the ability to use the stands and then pop it out when I'm sitting on the couch or bed when I'm playing a game that requires tilting.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Farrellcollie
May 18, 2011, 10:22 AM
Maybe i just got a bad hand strap or have tiny hands, becsuse mine is really loose.

stiwi
May 18, 2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe i just got a bad hand strap or have tiny hands, becsuse mine is really loose.

Yep, so is mine Aranga II. It holds pretty well when there is no iPad inside, but with iPad it is almost impossible to keep it like on the youtube video. That's the only fail I have noticed so far.

State Your Case
May 18, 2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah it looks like the tightness of the handstrap might not have been as carefully checked before so some people got looser straps but Steve is now aware of the problem so hopefully the straps will all be tighter now.

State Your Case
May 24, 2011, 12:08 AM
Well now that I've had the case over a week I felt I could assess the pros and cons a little better.

pros:
-Great build quality. Feels well made and no issues with the stitching. Nothing is getting loose and it never had a bad smell, just leather.
-Easy to use. The typing stand works well (using it now) the viewing angle is useful, it folds onto itself easily and the handstrap has already been useful several times when I'm showing my kid something. The straps are great to have to keep the cover open as well.
-Appears to have good drop protection. I thankfully haven't dropped it yet but I do feel confident that a fall from 5 feet to the ground (a typical scenario) would not harm the iPad even if dropped on an edge. Of the uber thin cases, how many can say that?
-clean design. Only the corners are covered and everything is accessible. The speaker sounds better in it too. Very easy to take out and put back when you want but after trying to use it out of the case a few times I really prefer using the case.
-Very good value. Paid 40 bucks for the black leather case with the 10% off maroo coupon. Also includes a microfiber cloth however only some cases come with cloth so check ahead of time if that matters to you.

Cons:
-elastics straps aren't as elegant a solution as a magnetic clasp or something else that could be a single motion closure. You don't need to use the straps if you are just leaving it on the table but if you use the sleep/wake, you might hear the iPad clicking sometimes because the magnet is just close enough to put the iPad to sleep when it's strapped down into position. It's not a huge pain and they work well but i would have liked a simpler way to ensure it's closed.
-would have liked a third intermediate stand position if that were somehow possible. If I'm trying to watch a movie in bed, the vertical position isn't quite stable enough and with the typing position I have to prop it up more with some sheets.. Not a huge deal and I honestly dont know how I would incorporate a midway angle with this case design.. But it would be nice. I don't like the cases that prop up on a ridge inside the case.
-adds more bulk and weight than some cases. It's a case designed to protect the iPad from falls not just superficial scratches so yeah I understand that but there's always room for improvement right? Maybe integrate the TPU back into the back of the case to reduce thickness by 2-3mm and maybe a little weight. Overall, for this level of protection you won't get something featherweight. From what I can tell the STM skinny isn't very good for absorbing shock.

I would still highly recommend the case after getting some good use from it.

oscarc
May 25, 2011, 06:54 AM
CyberSteve, I notice the Moko II is out of stock. Any idea when the case will be back in stock?

BlindMellon
May 25, 2011, 08:35 AM
Overall, very happy with this case, but it's a bit too bulky for my needs. I understand that it's made to take a good fall, but I prefer something a bit more svelte.

I'd love a model without so much padding.

eddieras
May 25, 2011, 09:14 AM
just ordered the Roto yesterday and received shipping notice very soon after - should get by friday! steve was very responsive with pre order questions-- made the decision much easier- was also considering the CEO Hybrid - thanks to everyone on the forum for their comments.

stiwi
May 25, 2011, 09:15 AM
Overall, very happy with this case, but it's a bit too bulky for my needs. I understand that it's made to take a good fall, but I prefer something a bit more svelte.

I'd love a model without so much padding.

Maroo cases certainly add bulk to iPad. Mine fall recently from the table (1m height) and nothing happened. I don't know what would happen if it wouldn't be in this case or if it would be in less protective, slim one.

Cybersteve
May 25, 2011, 11:08 AM
CyberSteve, I notice the Moko II is out of stock. Any idea when the case will be back in stock?

oscarc - Sorry computer snafu - shopping cart back open

CyberSteve
Cyber Acoustics

batman75
May 26, 2011, 10:45 PM
Did anyone see the new Maroo Seth Aaron iPad 2 cases?

I'm curious if they improve the form factor?

eddieras
May 27, 2011, 06:32 AM
i just received my Roto - took only two days ship to Chicago. It's absolutely beautiful! I got the red and it's a deeper red, not bright red. Looks great with my black Ipad. My 15 son doesn't like it tho -which maybe will keep him from using it!

The viewing angle works right off the bat. I was unsure if with leather it would need some 'break in' but it folds neat, crisp and is stable. Typing angle is perfect.

the only thing i'm not sure about is the hand strap. that was one of the main reasons i bought it. the strap is on the far side of the back of the cover when holding it with my left hand. seems it would be more comfortable if it were either on the near edge (towards my hand) or in the middle. maybe i got a leftie version!

reebs
May 27, 2011, 06:41 AM
Did anyone see the new Maroo Seth Aaron iPad 2 cases?

I'm curious if they improve the form factor?

Link?!:eek:

reebs
May 27, 2011, 08:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-NTbOfJRM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Found this vid on YouTube showing all their covers!