PDA

View Full Version : Is the price of entry for developer previews "Worth it"?




njaremka
Apr 18, 2011, 07:12 AM
title pretty much says it all. is it "worth it" to pay for the price of developer status just to download and play around with the lion preview? or, should i just wait for the official release?



rorschach
Apr 18, 2011, 07:26 AM
It may be considering you'll also get the final release.

mrapplegate
Apr 18, 2011, 07:31 AM
I'm one of those that says if you want to spend $99 on it go for it. It can only hurt you if you don't know what you're doing ha ha :D
At least learn how to file bug reports to help the rest of the Apple community.

maflynn
Apr 18, 2011, 07:32 AM
If you're a developer who needs to alter, update your code because of the new verision of OSX, its definitely worth it. If you're an apple fan wanting to play with the DP, then no its probably not worth paying the price for a developer's account with apple

njaremka
Apr 18, 2011, 07:38 AM
...If you're an apple fan wanting to play with the DP, then no its probably not worth paying the price for a developer's account with apple

i'm not a developer, just a fan who wants to play around with it.

dethmaShine
Apr 18, 2011, 07:49 AM
If you have spare $99 bugs, I'd say go for it.

Otherwise: NO.

hellomoto4
Apr 18, 2011, 08:32 AM
Depends how much Lion retails for, I guess.

maflynn
Apr 18, 2011, 08:48 AM
If you have spare $99 bugs, I'd say go for it.

Otherwise: NO.

That's the bottom line. You're dropping a c-note on a developer preview. If you want spend that much money to play around with go for it. In the past (except for SL) upgrades were costing around 125 so in theory you could save some money if apple follows that path. If they don't, you run the potential of over-paying for the OS

njaremka
Apr 18, 2011, 09:06 AM
That's the bottom line. You're dropping a c-note on a developer preview. If you want spend that much money to play around with go for it. In the past (except for SL) upgrades were costing around 125 so in theory you could save some money if apple follows that path. If they don't, you run the potential of over-paying for the OS

this makes sense. i can wait.