PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Cheaper alternative of Wrapsol = Phantomskinz

silverblack
Apr 18, 2011, 07:22 AM
I am looking for a protective film or skin that is like the Wrapsol; that is, transparent but not glossy like zagg or BSE. Any out there? I have a TPU case one, but want the near naked iPad feeling of not having the extra thickness and weight.

Wrapsol's $30 + $25 shipping to Canada is just too much for a piece of thin plastic.

[Edit] I went with Phantomskins, thanks to the suggestions from a fellow member. They have the matte skins which should be similar to Wrapsol's product.

vito
Apr 18, 2011, 07:27 AM
Similar shipping rate to the UK too, don't know why they can't ship via USPS or something similar!

aleni
Apr 18, 2011, 08:03 AM
i use a transparent duck tape on the back, it gives a good grip too. im not joking.

jedolley
Apr 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
I think both Phantomskinz and Ghost Armor have a matte option.

silverblack
Apr 18, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think both Phantomskinz and Ghost Armor have a matte option.

THANKS! Ghost Armor only has the glossy version for the iPad 2, for now anyway. Phantomskinz has the matte option though. $25 + $5 shipping to Canada is much more reasonable. I may place an order today. However, I haven't used Phantomskinz before. Anyone has any experience how it compares to Wrapsol (which I like very much)?

i use a transparent duck tape on the back, it gives a good grip too. im not joking.

Do you not worry about the glue from the tape melt, and left behind on your iPad when you remove the tape one day? I wouldn't do that as a permanent solution to my own iPad. I'd rather leave it bare and let it scratch if I couldn't afford the skin.

jedolley
Apr 18, 2011, 09:08 AM
Phantomskinz has the matte option though. $25 + $5 shipping to Canada is much more reasonable. I may place an order today. However, I haven't used Phantomskinz before. Anyone has any experience how it compares to Wrapsol (which I like very much)?

Coupon code for 20% off Phantomskinz: spring20

I've never used Wrapsol before so I can't compare. Phantomskinz has done well for me in the past. I had a problem with the iPad 2 skin, but it apparently turned out to be that I received a bad one, and customer service took care of it.

silverblack
Apr 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
Coupon code for 20% off Phantomskinz: spring20

Thank you for your coupon code. I also found the photos of Phantomskinz on iPad 2 posted in this forum:
http://att.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1121435

I placed the order already :) (I'm sick of my TPU case keeps lifting the screen protector. I need something else to protect the back of my iPad right away)
When it arrives, I'll comment on how the material compares to Wrapsol.

silverblack
Apr 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
Received email from Phantomskinz that it's been shipped, 4 hours after I placed the order. I'm impressed:D