Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I am looking for a protective film or skin that is like the Wrapsol; that is, transparent but not glossy like zagg or BSE. Any out there? I have a TPU case one, but want the near naked iPad feeling of not having the extra thickness and weight.

Wrapsol's $30 + $25 shipping to Canada is just too much for a piece of thin plastic.

[Edit] I went with Phantomskins, thanks to the suggestions from a fellow member. They have the matte skins which should be similar to Wrapsol's product.

Last edited:

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i use a transparent duck tape on the back, it gives a good grip too. im not joking.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I think both Phantomskinz and Ghost Armor have a matte option.

THANKS! Ghost Armor only has the glossy version for the iPad 2, for now anyway. Phantomskinz has the matte option though. $25 + $5 shipping to Canada is much more reasonable. I may place an order today. However, I haven't used Phantomskinz before. Anyone has any experience how it compares to Wrapsol (which I like very much)?

i use a transparent duck tape on the back, it gives a good grip too. im not joking.

Do you not worry about the glue from the tape melt, and left behind on your iPad when you remove the tape one day? I wouldn't do that as a permanent solution to my own iPad. I'd rather leave it bare and let it scratch if I couldn't afford the skin.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Phantomskinz has the matte option though. $25 + $5 shipping to Canada is much more reasonable. I may place an order today. However, I haven't used Phantomskinz before. Anyone has any experience how it compares to Wrapsol (which I like very much)?

Coupon code for 20% off Phantomskinz: spring20

I've never used Wrapsol before so I can't compare. Phantomskinz has done well for me in the past. I had a problem with the iPad 2 skin, but it apparently turned out to be that I received a bad one, and customer service took care of it.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Coupon code for 20% off Phantomskinz: spring20

Thank you for your coupon code. I also found the photos of Phantomskinz on iPad 2 posted in this forum:
http://att.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1121435

I placed the order already :) (I'm sick of my TPU case keeps lifting the screen protector. I need something else to protect the back of my iPad right away)
When it arrives, I'll comment on how the material compares to Wrapsol.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Received email from Phantomskinz that it's been shipped, 4 hours after I placed the order. I'm impressed:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.