Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Yeah, the "weird kids obsessed with rockets" usually end up building the real ones that take people to space...I'd be careful who you pick on kid.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Are you suggesting we help you troll this guys web site because he's awkward? That's cold man.

He has something he likes and theres likely a future for him to use that knowledge to get a job he loves. No reason to hate.

I mean, we are on an Apple Inc. forum, it doesn't exactly scream "cool", but we all enjoy ourself and a lot of us have knowledge which helps us with our jobs, school or other parts of our lives.

I wish this guy the best!(I'm sure theres a large rocket community out there that would find his videos and blog of value)

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
Exactly.

You know what happened to the "weird kid" from my high school? The one who was obsessed with computers, and kind of socially inept, and a bookworm?

He works for Microsoft in Seattle and makes more in one year than I will in ten.

OP, I hope you end up flipping that kid's burgers. Good for him for actually having the balls to do what he is doing.

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
I believe a good semi-threadjack is in order to turn this positive.

Speaking of rockets, this topic kind of reminded me of October Sky, the Jake Gyllenhaal movie from several years back. Based off a true story, and Homer Hickam turned out just dandy. Anyone else love that movie as much as I do? It doesn't hurt that the soundtrack is beautiful too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr8jpX2S74

Me too. I watched this film just the other day on Netflix. Great film. Love the dark West Virginia backdrop.

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
I agree, Draythor. I agree!

I'm going to subscribe this guy's channel. Give him some more reasons to keep at it!

Seconded. Im betting this guy ends up working at NASA/Boeing some other totally-awesome-aerospace-company and sends his stuff into space - and probably makes millions doing it. (And this community seriously is one heckva nice place.. OP - If I could be bothered your app would be getting some nice negative feedback. But I can't. So it won't. Yet.).

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Good for this kid. He seems like a nice person. He's found something he loves to do, so he's put himself out there and asked for help and suggestions. Leave him alone, he's done nothing to you.

I'm subscribing to his channel.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Weird Kid Obsessed with Rockets becomes NASA Engineer

I was that kid in the mid '60s. But I built my own rockets and mixed my own fuel. When I read Homer Hickam's book I was surprised that I had used all of the same fuels that he did - except for using moonshine as a binder for zinc dust and sulfur. I grew up to be a teacher.

If I thought the OP read, I would suggest the book in the link below.

Rocket Boys

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.