PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air Issues , need advice !

Olti
Apr 18, 2011, 02:10 PM
Ok, I bought a MBA on 10th of January , and i have issues with the left speaker, it makes some buzzing noise even when I'm at 50% of volume. Also the magnets that keep my lid closed , the left one is weaker than the other. I am covered by Apple's 1 Year Limited Warranty , and I'm going to Torino tomorrow and there's an Apple Store (Le Gru). What can I expect and what should i do ,will i have a reparation ,a replacement ?? Any advice what to do ?? Thanks

Olti
Apr 18, 2011, 02:17 PM
Help I need an answer tonight !!!

Legion93
Apr 18, 2011, 02:20 PM
Most likely its a hardware fault. Go to the Apple retail store, speak with a 'genius' and they should fix it for you, if not, offer a replacement, they are legally bound to since you are covered by Apple's Apple Care Warranty service - and since it is a hardware defect, not a user fault you should get a replacement free of charge

gdeputy
Apr 18, 2011, 02:21 PM
Doubt they'll give you a new unit but they WILL fix your current one, go ahead and bring it in.

Legion93
Apr 18, 2011, 02:25 PM
Doubt they'll give you a new unit but they WILL fix your current one, go ahead and bring it in.

Well in the case that they can't fix it, they will replace it.

Olti
Apr 18, 2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys but i have some additional questions , Is it possible that i can't get either the replacement or repair ?? And how much days will it last the reparation , approximately , if they have the parts , or if they don't have them , or a replacement (how long will it last, procedures stuff like that?? )

Legion93
Apr 18, 2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys but i have some additional questions , Is it possible that i can't get either the replacement or repair ?? And how much days will it last the reparation , approximately , if they have the parts , or if they don't have them , or a replacement (how long will it last, procedures stuff like that?? )

I can't speak from experience, but it should not last over a week, it depends whether Apple repair warehouse has that specific part that needs replacing, if they have, you should receive it within 3 working days. To get a better estimate, talk to Apple about this.