PDA

View Full Version : Defective Leather Smartcover

Mikesus
Apr 18, 2011, 07:08 PM
today I noticed to whole bottom edge and corner of my black leather smart cover is delaminating. Called and spoke to a nice guy at Support and he asked for the serial number of the case. (look on the inside of the spine, with an electron microscope, it's there)

So without it can't do anything. fair enough...

So I get the serial number.... Call back... I was told that the system said, "no problem, fork over $69 and you get a case, free shipping"

I know you will be amazed that I didn't take them up on this offer...

So, they finally agree that less than 30 days for a cover is probably a bit short on life and decide that they will fix it... "no problem Mike, just send us the defective case, and as soon as we get the case, we will ship out a replacement." I asked how long and they said about a week. So I asked, "so Apple thinks it will be ok to go without a protective cover for a week?"

"Please hold"

"ok, we can send you a replacement, please return the defective one."

All this was completed in less than 65minutes...

glen e
Apr 18, 2011, 07:17 PM
Far easier if you can to get to a apple store -(I realize that may not be possible) I had a tan cover that was fine but 3 days after getting it, I realized it was gonna show dirt and scratch. I took it to the store in Miami. All I had to do was pull up my order history with apple online store and I was leaving with a black one in 5 min.