PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get this case by ion-factory

Xultar
Apr 18, 2011, 07:46 PM
Anyone?

Anyone?

I must know...I think I found my new love!!!

Carbon Fiber situation with smartcover and front and back protection.

http://ion-factory.com/carboncover.php

I. Must. Have.:D

Xultar
Apr 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
kick!

gameboy213
Apr 19, 2011, 06:10 PM
Seems pricey to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

himesh
Apr 21, 2011, 03:07 AM
Don't think its out yet but does look pretty cool

Xultar
Apr 21, 2011, 04:57 AM
Don't think its out yet but does look pretty cool

Yeah well someone found out they charge an arm and a leg for shipping because it comes direct from China. Coupled with the fact that it isnt out yet you may as well get a Portenzo since the wait will be the same.

Blorzoga
Apr 21, 2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah well someone found out they charge an arm and a leg for shipping because it comes direct from China. Coupled with the fact that it isnt out yet you may as well get a Portenzo since the wait will be the same.

Why would I want to get a portenza case if I like this one? Theyre completely different. Do you just assume that everyone must want a portenza case because you like them?

diacritic
Apr 21, 2011, 06:26 AM
That's a huge magnet on the inside of the cover. Does not look quite polished.

clyde2801
Apr 21, 2011, 06:56 AM

That was me. $69 for the case, and $15 for EMS shipping. The website didn't say anything about preorder or coming soon.

I was in the process of pulling the trigger when I saw the shipping charges, but I don't think I want to spend $75 for a case and be SOL if I don't like it. For now, I'm sticking to my smart cover/ghost armor/targus tote combo until I find something better that I like in the store.

clyde2801
Apr 23, 2011, 01:30 AM
Jeez, is it just me, or are these guys advertising everywhere online for their case?

C0bra K0mmander
Apr 28, 2011, 07:03 AM
anyone jumped on this case?

clyde2801
Apr 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
anyone jumped on this case?

Considering that they're shipping it from China via EMS, it will probably be at least another week before anyone else does get it. It has to travel halfway across the globe and go through customs.

3goldens
Apr 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
how could you miss this ugly thing its advertised on this site everywhere!

Xultar
Apr 28, 2011, 04:56 PM

It was before they started ad carpet-bombing everywhere.

smiffer55
Apr 28, 2011, 06:56 PM

I actually need up ordering the ugly thing from pocomaru.com. Ordered it Monday afternoon and it showed up Wednesday with free shipping. Overall it's a nice.

Weight: hardly weights anything. I don't have a scale but the hand test says it weighs about as much as my STM Skinny

Smart cover: works BUT folding the cover behind the case turns the iPad off. Fortunately I don't hold my iPad that way so it really isn't an issue. Just be aware it does do this though.

Looks: the white/silver combo looks great with the white iPad.

Like a lot of the Chinese cases it smells but I left it sitting on my deck all night and while I was at work and the smell is mostly gone. My guess is it will mostly be gone in a day or two When I first opened the bag it came in though the smell was verrrry strong.

The smart cover folds over into a triangle and works well in a typing position. That is the only position it works in though. The pictures on the website show it with the iPad sitting upright. No matter how I tried I can't get that position to work without falling over.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. The silver/white combo works well with my white iPad, the typing position is perfect and it keeps the slim/light properties of my new iPad.

Bearxor
May 3, 2011, 10:12 PM
This. Is the second place I've read where someone couldn't get it to stand upright for viewing and has the magnet problem. Bummer. I really wanted to like this one.

Mario Loco
May 3, 2011, 10:43 PM
Just ordered my ion case. I got the white and silver one for my white iPad 2. I hope I like when it gets here since I spent 89 bucks for it. I'll post some pics once I receive it.

Mario Loco
May 9, 2011, 10:11 PM
Okay. It's been about a week later now and still no case. I did get an email that it has shipped out of Hong Kong. Where heck is this really coming from (lol). Ok guys. I'll wait some more. Check back and I'll post the pics soon.

dwaldrop
May 12, 2011, 11:56 AM
I received my carbon cover Monday. I did not get a chance to open it until last night. The "smart cover" works well. I am not having the reported issue with it turning off when opened.

The smell, on the other hand, about made me ill. It is sitting in my garage to air out. May move it outside tomorrow. I hope it clears up as it is the best case I have found so far!

alan111
May 12, 2011, 01:23 PM
I actually need up ordering the ugly thing from pocomaru.com. Ordered it Monday afternoon and it showed up Wednesday with free shipping. Overall it's a nice.

Weight: hardly weights anything. I don't have a scale but the hand test says it weighs about as much as my STM Skinny

Smart cover: works BUT folding the cover behind the case turns the iPad off. Fortunately I don't hold my iPad that way so it really isn't an issue. Just be aware it does do this though.

Looks: the white/silver combo looks great with the white iPad.

Like a lot of the Chinese cases it smells but I left it sitting on my deck all night and while I was at work and the smell is mostly gone. My guess is it will mostly be gone in a day or two When I first opened the bag it came in though the smell was verrrry strong.

The smart cover folds over into a triangle and works well in a typing position. That is the only position it works in though. The pictures on the website show it with the iPad sitting upright. No matter how I tried I can't get that position to work without falling over.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. The silver/white combo works well with my white iPad, the typing position is perfect and it keeps the slim/light properties of my new iPad.

I received my carbon cover Monday. I did not get a chance to open it until last night. The "smart cover" works well. I am not having the reported issue with it turning off when opened.

The smell, on the other hand, about made me ill. It is sitting in my garage to air out. May move it outside tomorrow. I hope it clears up as it is the best case I have found so far!

Thanks for the report fellas.
Can we get some pictures please? I'd like to see some non-factory photo shoot pictures.

Thanks !

Mario Loco
May 13, 2011, 08:01 PM
Part 1

I received the Ipad case from ION-FACTORY today. Let me say that I am very impressed with it.

The exterior back shell is very soft. It has like a leather touch and feel to it. It is also very soft and bends but not too much that makes it flimsy.

It has a stitch that goes across the edge on the cover and makes it look very classy. The front cover also has a very nice carbon fiber stitch material that looks good.

I am doing multiple post on this product since I can only have 5 pics max.

Antfer
May 13, 2011, 11:30 PM
Meh.
I'm going to pass.

Xultar
May 13, 2011, 11:41 PM
Looks cool but I'm gonna pass too.

Thanks for posting. How long did it take for delivery from purchase to door?

brooka
May 14, 2011, 02:49 AM
DO NOT GET THIS CASE.......

I got this case delivered the other week and returned it straight away.

Everything was amazing about it, the look, the feel, the on off feature..

BUT

Try and fold the cover into the triangle and stand itinerary portrait mode. Fat chance. It worked about 20% of the time. The other 80% it collapsed from the weight of the case and iPad2.

If you go on ION's Facebook page they say to carefully make sure that the fold is positioned right when in portrait mode. Why the hell would I want to carefully place the cover every single time I want to put it into portrait mode???? I want to use it like the smart cover from apple.... It just works... No thought process, just fold it up and it stands.

Anyway I got a full refund after 6 emails back and forth from them.
If they fix this issue, this would of been the best case yet for iPad 2.

Sorry guys! Hope this helps. :)

Mario Loco
May 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
Part 2

Okay im back. I was having issues posting more pics on here.

So.... I put my ipad into the case and I am loving it even more. The iPad fits into the case perfectly, no issues. It has cut outs for everything, mic, earphone plug, dock connector, volume and lock or mute switch, mic and camera. I am loving this case guys.

Someone posted on here about standing it up in portrait mode. I am able to do this with no issues. I can't see why you would want to though. It doesnt really have a good viewing angle unless you are postioned right infront of the ipad.

This case is really nice and I give it two thumbs up.

Mario Loco
May 14, 2011, 10:57 PM
Part 3

More Pics!!!

PracticalMac
May 16, 2011, 09:15 AM
Work alike case:

JOY FACTORY SmartSuit2 Ipad 2 case (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1153424)

fastangel
May 18, 2011, 02:31 PM
Found this quick review video on this Ion case. Looks very nice and STABLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmo3M9tGR8A&feature=feedwll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmo3M9tGR8A&feature=feedwll)

It's unclear what the user "brooka" on this forum (and elsewhere) is obsessively complaining about with his confusing use of the term "portrait mode". (Assuming you mean what I think you mean... Well, STOP using that phrase, it just confuses people, brooka. It normally means short side up, not standing up.)

This case might be "the one"... hopefully!

LanikaiGirl
May 18, 2011, 03:02 PM
I just received mine and I love it. I too think that the other poster meant landscape mode as well. It's a moot point though, as it works great in landscape mode. I will say this, your iPad will not fit correctly with a skin on the back. I had a BSE, and it would not quite snap in correctly. As soon as I removed the skin, perfect.

brooka
May 22, 2011, 01:21 AM
Here is another video review I found which actually talks about the issue of the standing LANDSCAPE postion.....this is the exact problem I had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIq-XeHfOoE

Madp
May 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
Here is another video review I found which actually talks about the issue of the standing LANDSCAPE postion.....this is the exact problem I had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIq-XeHfOoE
He notes a fix in the video now...

My only concern is that when I fold the protective screen flap over that the battery will shut off the iPad... I use my iPad in this manner often. Wonder if there is a fix for that?

I'll probably just get the case and see what happens, based on the you tube videos I saw, this is the case for me.

henchman
May 25, 2011, 02:34 PM
I received mine.
No problem getting it to stand up.
No shut off issues, folding the cover back.

flyingbird
Jul 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Just order the pink color from pocomaru.com
will post pictures when its' delivered..
http://www.pocomaru.com/images/thumbs/0000662.jpeg

Mr.C
Jul 15, 2011, 12:37 PM
Just order the pink color from pocomaru.com
will post pictures when its' delivered..

That looks more purple then pink.

Passenger88
Aug 25, 2011, 04:31 AM
Not sure where to post this, but they released a new similair case. The Carbonade cover. It seems like a small update.

http://www.ion-factory.com/CarbonadoCover.php

I would like to order it, but I cannot find any reviews yet. What do you guys think about these cases?

Mario Loco
Aug 25, 2011, 11:31 PM
I found this case just by browsing MacRumors.com. This case was advertised all over the place. I love this case since I got it!!!

PracticalMac
Aug 26, 2011, 12:38 PM
Not sure where to post this, but they released a new similair case. The Carbonade cover. It seems like a small update.

http://www.ion-factory.com/CarbonadoCover.php

I would like to order it, but I cannot find any reviews yet. What do you guys think about these cases?

Ah, its a LEATHER version of same.

----------

BUT

Try and fold the cover into the triangle and stand itinerary portrait mode. Fat chance. It worked about 20% of the time. The other 80% it collapsed from the weight of the case and iPad2.

If you go on ION's Facebook page they say to carefully make sure that the fold is positioned right when in portrait mode. Why the hell would I want to carefully place the cover every single time I want to put it into portrait mode???? I want to use it like the smart cover from apple.... It just works... No thought process, just fold it up and it stands.

Anyway I got a full refund after 6 emails back and forth from them.
If they fix this issue, this would of been the best case yet for iPad 2.

Sorry guys! Hope this helps. :)

After a week of usage, its works just fine!!
You where premature on claiming it was bad, it was just not flexed, broken in, after being made.

...and the smell was gone after a day.