PDA

View Full Version : Incipio Screen Protectors

SipperyPete
Apr 18, 2011, 09:23 PM
I just wanted to share how unexpectedly pleased I am with the Incipio screen protectors that I picked up at the Verizon store this week. I have used BSEs or Body Guardz on all of my devices in the past and have always been pleased with their protection and appearance, but not necessarily with their wet applications. I purchased the Body Guardz for my new iPad 2 before I even had it in hand. I went to install it and had the hardest time getting it to apply without the nasty haze under it. The back skin went on beautifully, but tried twice on the screen with no luck. Just happened to be in the VZ store for another matter when I noticed they had some iPad accessories on the shelf and decided to give these a try. They came 2 in a pack and cost me $15...I figured it couldn't hurt to try them out because the BG I had on the screen looked terrible. Got it home took off the BG, cleaned the screen and ran the shower to cut down dust. I had been researching the Power Supports and just used one of the install videos as a guide and it went on perfectly in about 3 minutes! Had to push out some small bubbles but when all was said and done the screen looks almost as if it has nothing on it. Granted, it is a "crystal" type film and shows plenty of fingerprints and glare, but I prefer that look over the soft look of of an AG. The feel is smooth as glass compared to the tacky, rubbery feel of the BG....and I have a second one for when I get my wife her own iPad!

So if you're in the market for a crystal screen protector, I highly recommend giving these a try. You can't beat the value.
Cheers!

http://www.myincipio.com/iPad-2-Screen-Protectors/Incipio-iPad-2-Screen-Protector.asp

Ferris23
Apr 18, 2011, 09:49 PM
Nice, I was looking at those. The guy at the store said 20.00 but he probably had no idea. So they are 15? I'm grabbing a pack tomorrow.

SipperyPete
Apr 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
Nice, I was looking at those. The guy at the store said 20.00 but he probably had no idea. So they are 15? I'm grabbing a pack tomorrow.

Now that I think about it, I have a corporate discount, so I probably got them for less than retail. Still well worth the $20 compared to the Power Supports.

Ferris23
Apr 19, 2011, 10:51 AM
haha Yeah. I walked in and saw 19.99, then realized my fiancée has a corporate discount so they were knocked down to 14.99 +tax. Looking forward to slapping one on tonight so I can finally relax about getting a nice scratch on the screen.

:)

SipperyPete
Apr 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
If I can offer any tips, I would recommend only peeling away the top (actually bottom where the home button is) quarter of the protector, get it lined up perfectly and then peel the rest and let it 'fall' right into place. If done correctly, it should line up perfectly and all you'll need to do is work out some bubbles, which come out very easily. And again, take a look at the Power Support install vidoes, as they helped me out tremendously.

Interested to hear how it works out.

Good luck!

Ferris23
Apr 19, 2011, 03:44 PM
I'm usually really good with screen shields and skins so I'm confident this will work out nicely. Good tip though in just peeling a portion back and aligning then laying it down. I'll post back with impressions for sure.

mac-spy
Apr 21, 2011, 12:47 AM
I am interested in this screen protector too. Is it a smooth surface? How's the light transmittance? Does it degrade the light/color on the LCD display?

Thanks!

SipperyPete
Apr 21, 2011, 06:42 AM
I am interested in this screen protector too. Is it a smooth surface? How's the light transmittance? Does it degrade the light/color on the LCD display?

Thanks!

The protector is as smooth as glass. It's not that rubbery feel of some of the Zagg type protectors and doesn't leave any marks if you run your nail over it. As far as clarity, I would say that this is the clearest protector I've ever used. The only downside is that it's so clear and shiny, that it may be even more reflective than the screen itself. When it's wiped down though, you wouldn't even know there's a protector there.

silverblack
Apr 21, 2011, 06:48 AM
If I can offer any tips, I would recommend only peeling away the top (actually bottom where the home button is) quarter of the protector, get it lined up perfectly and then peel the rest and let it 'fall' right into place. If done correctly, it should line up perfectly and all you'll need to do is work out some bubbles, which come out very easily. And again, take a look at the Power Support install vidoes, as they helped me out tremendously.

Adding to your tips, have some scotch tape around. Use it to remove pieces of dust and lint when you see them.

Ferris23
Apr 21, 2011, 08:36 AM
Installed one of these the other day on my iPad 2. Went on fine, getting the cover off the shield is a little tricky because it's so large, otherwise I'm happy with it. It's very clear, if anything like most it picks up finger prints easier and it's a bit harder to clean them but not a big issue.

The pack I got came with a slightly creased shield that wouldn't sit right, so I ended up just taking that one back and getting it replaced. Not sure I'll even need the 2nd.

gigemzach
Apr 22, 2011, 11:51 AM
Adding to your tips, have some scotch tape around. Use it to remove pieces of dust and lint when you see them.

This! Works for me every time beautifully.